Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Momentum going into championship 06:31 - May 7 with 1266 viewsmuccletonjoe

The club is only going one way now. Already various players being touted as itfc targets among them Sayki from crystal Palace and Bishop from Portsmouth.
I think the first priority should be Luongo and Hirst on permanent deals. We know both of those players work very well in our team .
I think we will sign Luongo, he seems happy here , has a very good pairing with Morsy and as long as he stays fit will be a huge asset in the championship.
If not Hirst , then who ?
I think Hirst should be our number one target , he is still young, fits our system extremely well and is good in the air.
IF he doesn't sign for whatever reason we will need at least one, probably two strikers. Bishop from Portsmouth looks a good goalscorer, but not sure he would fit as well as Hirst. Clarke -Harris is a proven prolific scorer, even Armstrong from Southampton has been mentioned, which if true, would certainly be an upgrade.
Interesting summer.
Momentum going into championship on 07:27 - May 7 with 1127 viewsitfctilidie

We won't sign Bishop. I suspect we will sign Hirst and 1 more in attack, which will be someone we haven't been linked with, possibly from Europe somewhere.

I agree Re: Luongo.

Rak Saki is lazy journalism.
Momentum going into championship on 07:28 - May 7 with 1123 viewswkj

I think Town will move heaven an earth to sign Hirst. He's clearly going to have resale value if he keeps up this momentum. I think you'll see a lot of GC20s business being conducted with resale in mind and on that note I doubt very seriously we will be in for Colby Bishop. Bishop is a good player, but I don't think he's going to develop much more beyond a Good L1 / Average Championship player.

I wouldn't be surprised if we go shopping for younger players in and around the premier league relegation scrap, as I bet a few players will fancy ITFC's chances of challenging up the top end of the table next season.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Momentum going into championship on 07:56 - May 7 with 1035 viewstractorboy1978

Momentum going into championship on 07:27 - May 7 by itfctilidie

We won't sign Bishop. I suspect we will sign Hirst and 1 more in attack, which will be someone we haven't been linked with, possibly from Europe somewhere.

I agree Re: Luongo.

Rak Saki is lazy journalism.

It's not, we are very keen to sign Rak-Sakyi.
Momentum going into championship on 08:07 - May 7 with 989 viewsChurchman

Momentum going into championship on 07:56 - May 7 by tractorboy1978

It's not, we are very keen to sign Rak-Sakyi.

One interesting thing is that you never know quite what the owners/Ashton are going to do. They are very tight on information and tend to announce a deal when it’s done. I really like that. Far better than letting slip who you are looking to sign when you really are not or fail when the selling club put the price up to a tube of Pringles.
Momentum going into championship on 08:14 - May 7 with 958 viewsmuccletonjoe

Momentum going into championship on 07:28 - May 7 by wkj

I think Town will move heaven an earth to sign Hirst. He's clearly going to have resale value if he keeps up this momentum. I think you'll see a lot of GC20s business being conducted with resale in mind and on that note I doubt very seriously we will be in for Colby Bishop. Bishop is a good player, but I don't think he's going to develop much more beyond a Good L1 / Average Championship player.

I wouldn't be surprised if we go shopping for younger players in and around the premier league relegation scrap, as I bet a few players will fancy ITFC's chances of challenging up the top end of the table next season.

I think itfc are looking a very attractive move for alot of younger players in the championship / lower reaches of prem lg.
Momentum going into championship on 08:19 - May 7 with 931 viewswkj

Momentum going into championship on 08:14 - May 7 by muccletonjoe

I think itfc are looking a very attractive move for alot of younger players in the championship / lower reaches of prem lg.

That was kind of what I was getting at. Simply stated, I think we're going to be shopping in a very different store front this coming season, one which players like Colby Bishop may well not be included.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Momentum going into championship on 09:59 - May 7 with 765 viewsPinewoodblue

Apart from Hirst don’t think any of our January signings were on fan’s radar.

Will be the same this summer any signings will be significantly better quality than most of us expect.

Gamechanger have no intention of resting in the championship before looking for promotion two- three years down the road, We may not succeed but you can be sure we will go for it next season, albeit one game at a time.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024