Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So,If we are to make a serious 08:05 - May 9 with 2346 viewsBobsthename

Attempt to get promoted next season how many players do we think we need to sign and where i was pretty sure with the players we have it could be top half finish but to push top 6 or even autos i’m thinking 5 to keep our bench filled with capable players might need more i haven’t got a clue who we could buy or even loan .
So,If we are to make a serious on 08:30 - May 9 with 2266 viewsPioneerBlue

No doubt it will be balanced. I don’t see a summer 2021 scenario. In order to use the momentum generated the team and squad needs to reflect the significant effort the main group have put in to get to here. I see a 2 - 3 year plan here, using windows over that time to strengthen the squad. The balance pieces comes in needing to work at pace to use the momentum generated, it’s hard to get and easy to lose. Next season will be important to bring enough talent that it gives the squad the feel that they can compete, likely going to be two summers to know and what we really need to compete properly.

My guess is about 5-6 players in and a lot more out given likes of Coleman? Harper, Piggot, Penny, Aluko and Keogh are probably done for us. We’ve then got players that have been involved with squad but are the types we could quickly upgrade, Jackson, KVY, Edwards?

All said, we may find the momentum is really strong and the current group can compete very well with only a few additions.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

So,If we are to make a serious on 08:34 - May 9 with 2250 viewswkj

Rather exciting for me - I have no idea whatsoever. The quality of the Championship seemed much less competitive this year - so has the quality dropped since we were last there?

Also, I have no clue if KM will make any tactical adjustments in the Championship. As much as I love our tactics now, god knows how they will work for us against better teams.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So,If we are to make a serious on 08:40 - May 9 with 2201 viewscressi

So,If we are to make a serious on 08:34 - May 9 by wkj

Rather exciting for me - I have no idea whatsoever. The quality of the Championship seemed much less competitive this year - so has the quality dropped since we were last there?

Also, I have no clue if KM will make any tactical adjustments in the Championship. As much as I love our tactics now, god knows how they will work for us against better teams.

Personally bigger turnover than people expect think only 7/8 of our own players are safe not counting loans thinking 6 / 7 players to come in
So,If we are to make a serious on 08:45 - May 9 with 2164 viewsxrayspecs

So,If we are to make a serious on 08:30 - May 9 by PioneerBlue

No doubt it will be balanced. I don’t see a summer 2021 scenario. In order to use the momentum generated the team and squad needs to reflect the significant effort the main group have put in to get to here. I see a 2 - 3 year plan here, using windows over that time to strengthen the squad. The balance pieces comes in needing to work at pace to use the momentum generated, it’s hard to get and easy to lose. Next season will be important to bring enough talent that it gives the squad the feel that they can compete, likely going to be two summers to know and what we really need to compete properly.

My guess is about 5-6 players in and a lot more out given likes of Coleman? Harper, Piggot, Penny, Aluko and Keogh are probably done for us. We’ve then got players that have been involved with squad but are the types we could quickly upgrade, Jackson, KVY, Edwards?

All said, we may find the momentum is really strong and the current group can compete very well with only a few additions.

I think that is about right

Out of contract, released: Coleman, KVY, Keogh, Luongo, Aluko, Penney
In contract, available for loan or sale: Hladky, Evans, Harness, Jackson, Piggot, El Miz, Harper, Nbada, Yengi, and Ahadme.

Leaves us with 17 senior players, creating space for 8 new players, with some suggestions:

GK
CB
CM (Taylor, Peterborough)
LAM (Rak-saki, Palace)
RAM
CAM
FW (TJJ, Arsenal)
FW
So,If we are to make a serious on 09:23 - May 9 with 2039 viewsBluroo

I'm expecting Quality rather than Quantity.

Given we were recruiting "for the Championship" whilst in league 1 (to quote Ashton) it stands to reason we will be recruiting for the Premier League now we're in the Championship... On that basis I think the pedigree of any signings will be higher than what is generally mooted on here by those allegedly ITK.

Last Jan people were suggesting the likes of Connor Wickham and Sam Smith, whereas we got Hirst and Broadhead. KMac targets are generally young, athletic, Premier League coached players (though I suspect the equivalent from Europe's top leagues would fit the profile too) - I doubt we'll be signing many "gems" from League 1. We need players to improve us instantly and be coachable from there.

Hirst is a must, there is nobody else of his profile around. After that, I think 6 or 7 positions are upgradeable - its going to be a question of which deals come off.

Our permanent business may well be complemented by a loan or 2 - but these would need to be the absolute cream of what is available from Premier League squads - and I think we'd have a strong chance given Super KM's growing reputation and the way we play would suit the big teams as a nursery for their young talent.
[Post edited 9 May 2023 9:28]
So,If we are to make a serious on 09:31 - May 9 with 1979 viewsBlueBoots

Hirst + another No.9
TJJ + another No.10
Luongo
Left-footed CB as cover for Burgess

I make that 6...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

So,If we are to make a serious on 09:45 - May 9 with 1932 viewsFrankMarshall

So,If we are to make a serious on 09:23 - May 9 by Bluroo

I'm expecting Quality rather than Quantity.

Given we were recruiting "for the Championship" whilst in league 1 (to quote Ashton) it stands to reason we will be recruiting for the Premier League now we're in the Championship... On that basis I think the pedigree of any signings will be higher than what is generally mooted on here by those allegedly ITK.

Last Jan people were suggesting the likes of Connor Wickham and Sam Smith, whereas we got Hirst and Broadhead. KMac targets are generally young, athletic, Premier League coached players (though I suspect the equivalent from Europe's top leagues would fit the profile too) - I doubt we'll be signing many "gems" from League 1. We need players to improve us instantly and be coachable from there.

Hirst is a must, there is nobody else of his profile around. After that, I think 6 or 7 positions are upgradeable - its going to be a question of which deals come off.

Our permanent business may well be complemented by a loan or 2 - but these would need to be the absolute cream of what is available from Premier League squads - and I think we'd have a strong chance given Super KM's growing reputation and the way we play would suit the big teams as a nursery for their young talent.
[Post edited 9 May 2023 9:28]

If Leicester go down, Hirst may well come back into the frame there.

Frank Marshall

So,If we are to make a serious on 09:50 - May 9 with 1892 viewsArchiRob

So,If we are to make a serious on 09:45 - May 9 by FrankMarshall

Doubt they will opt for an unproven Championship striker
They will go all out to return to the Prem
Login to get fewer ads

So,If we are to make a serious on 09:52 - May 9 with 1881 viewsPinewoodblue

Also expecting at least 5-6 new signings for U21 squad.

Difficult to see many of the current U21 squad, once they are overage, getting into the Championship 25.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So,If we are to make a serious on 09:52 - May 9 with 1884 viewsGlasgowBlue

At the start of the season I'd be looking to replace Keogh with Cashin, and Evans with Taylor. We also need replacements for KVY, Ahadme, Sone Aluko and perhaps Fridge, if he can't overcome his ankle issue which has curtailed his past two seasons.

Hirst is a must. But if we can't get him we will need to find somebody of the same quality who fits our system (easier said than done).

If we are there or thereabouts come January then McKenna, Ashton and the owners will repeat this season's strategy.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So,If we are to make a serious on 10:11 - May 9 with 1815 viewsUnhinged_dynamo

So,If we are to make a serious on 09:52 - May 9 by GlasgowBlue

At the start of the season I'd be looking to replace Keogh with Cashin, and Evans with Taylor. We also need replacements for KVY, Ahadme, Sone Aluko and perhaps Fridge, if he can't overcome his ankle issue which has curtailed his past two seasons.

Hirst is a must. But if we can't get him we will need to find somebody of the same quality who fits our system (easier said than done).

If we are there or thereabouts come January then McKenna, Ashton and the owners will repeat this season's strategy.

I think we will add maybe 3 quality players, McGuiness at Cb Taylor at cm and maybe competition for burns, plus hirst and luongo hopefully.

It’s in January that I think we’ll pull up trees like this year and look for another couple of real quality to push us up abit more like this year

Poll: Who do you think will win the league?

So,If we are to make a serious on 10:49 - May 9 with 1697 viewsMattinLondon

I can’t see the club buying ‘squad players’ I think our ambitions stretch further than just this level of consolidation.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the club breaks our transfer record a couple of times on players who KM feels will really make the first team a lot stronger.

At Christmas, I wouldn’t be surprised if a couple more players are allowed to leave and possibly replaced with a loan here-and-there with the possibility of buying in summer 2024.

We are not living window-to-window anymore with a much longer vision in place.

I’m frequently wrong
So,If we are to make a serious on 10:50 - May 9 with 1692 viewsPinewoodblue

So,If we are to make a serious on 10:11 - May 9 by Unhinged_dynamo

I think we will add maybe 3 quality players, McGuiness at Cb Taylor at cm and maybe competition for burns, plus hirst and luongo hopefully.

It’s in January that I think we’ll pull up trees like this year and look for another couple of real quality to push us up abit more like this year

Not totally convinced Jack Taylor will remain a target. Peterborough will want more now we are in Championship.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So,If we are to make a serious on 10:53 - May 9 with 1664 viewsTalkingBlues

So,If we are to make a serious on 08:40 - May 9 by cressi

Personally bigger turnover than people expect think only 7/8 of our own players are safe not counting loans thinking 6 / 7 players to come in

Almost exactly my thoughts, if they are serious about a push for promotion again, big changes to personnel are needed.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

So,If we are to make a serious on 10:55 - May 9 with 1638 viewsCityBlue

Lets look at our vulnerabilities from this season....

Depth in midfield - very small number of pure midfielders
Depth in attack - despite scoring over 100 goals...only two out and out strikers (one on loan)
Age across the back still lacking in top level experience although the clean sheet record must be acknowledged.

Our positives/excess -
Wide players - be it wingers, wing backs or full backs. Successful re-role of Jackson but does he keep a valuable roster spot? I personally think he will excel at the next level....and that is my next point...
a large number of our players have never played at that level yet....We can only rely on the senior players to a degree and look what happened at Fleetwood with no Morsy...

Its all subjective - but ultimately we don't need to rebuild as we have a winning formula.

Maybe now we an attract some quality EPL loan players?

I T I D

So,If we are to make a serious on 11:31 - May 9 with 1503 viewsGlasgowBlue

So,If we are to make a serious on 09:45 - May 9 by FrankMarshall

Alternatively, Leicester aren't going to base their promotion push on an unproven striker at Championship level.

There may well be a relegation clause in his wages which would be very helpful in our negotiations to get hiom.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So,If we are to make a serious on 12:16 - May 9 with 1348 viewsSamWhiteUK

One thing that's nice is I'm not at all worried who we bring in, to be honest. We'll need another striker in case we don't keep Hirst, but I'd be quite comfortable going in to next season with the squad we have. We probably wouldn't rip up any trees but we'd be comfortably safe. That's not how this ownership group want to go about things, though.
So,If we are to make a serious on 12:55 - May 9 with 1222 viewsjayessess

It's unrealistic to imagine that we can recruit a whole new team and compete immediately. Any serious promotion bid would depend less on recruitment and far more on the collective/individual quality of the players already at the club.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So,If we are to make a serious on 13:01 - May 9 with 1206 viewsArnieM

I think there will potentially be some difficult decisions to be made in the summer, with players we might expect to be moved on, being moved on. It goes without saying those older players out on loan will be moved on is Piggot, Adehame, Harper, etc whilst players such as Ndaba / Baggott may be loaned out to league one teams. Of our more senior squad players , I can see one or two being sold or released.

Areas to strengthen for me would be defence, and attack. It elukdbt surprise me if we dipped into the goalkeeper area for recruitment as I can’t see Haldky wanting to remain a bench warmer .

Exciting / active close season for us .

In Ashton/ McKenna we trust 👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024