Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad Valuations 09:37 - May 10 with 1512 viewsJohnTy

According to Transfermarket our squad is valued at £15.6m.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/schnellsuche/ergebnis/schnellsuche?query=Ipswich
Chaplin is valued at £1.5m.

By comparison Plymouth's squad is valued at £11.95m Sheffield Wed at £11.30m and Norwich at £104m. with 3 of their players each valued at more than our squad!

Is this the kind of money we will have to find to get to mid table in the Championship?
Squad Valuations on 09:38 - May 10 with 1485 viewstractorboy1978

Those numbers are complete tripe though. Leif Davis at £1m tells you all you need to know.
Squad Valuations on 09:42 - May 10 with 1442 viewsclive_baker

I wouldn't give that much credence. It's all based of a formula which is pretty meaningless, not least the likely divisional weighting. I imagine in 6 months time those numbers would look very different. Joel Coleman is apparently worth 250k with his contract up next month, but Walton is only 1m. George Hirst 800k, that would be nice. It'll take 4-8x that to get him. Leif Davis is worth less than we paid, Broadhead 700k. Lee Evans and Harry Clarke worth broadly the same?

Long story short its a load of bobbins.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Squad Valuations on 09:44 - May 10 with 1422 viewsJ2BLUE

Why do people keep linking to their site? It's so obviously inaccurate and has been for years and years.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Squad Valuations on 09:47 - May 10 with 1407 viewsStokieBlue

Squad Valuations on 09:38 - May 10 by tractorboy1978

Those numbers are complete tripe though. Leif Davis at £1m tells you all you need to know.

Wolf @ 700k.

TJJ @ 800k (yes please).

Broadhead @ 700k.

Laughable site which people should have stopped referencing years ago.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Squad Valuations on 09:49 - May 10 with 1405 viewsJohnTy

Squad Valuations on 09:44 - May 10 by J2BLUE

Why do people keep linking to their site? It's so obviously inaccurate and has been for years and years.

Estimations of value are by their very nature inaccurate. I see for example that Transfermarket value Gunn at £3million, but Norwich have reportedly quoted £8-£10 million for him to Rangers. What is he really worth? It depends on how much someone wants him and how desperate the seller is to sell him.
Squad Valuations on 09:53 - May 10 with 1380 viewsclive_baker

Squad Valuations on 09:49 - May 10 by JohnTy

Estimations of value are by their very nature inaccurate. I see for example that Transfermarket value Gunn at £3million, but Norwich have reportedly quoted £8-£10 million for him to Rangers. What is he really worth? It depends on how much someone wants him and how desperate the seller is to sell him.

It wasn't long ago Norwich fans were saying Cantwell and Aarons were going to fetch £40m each.

Squad Valuations on 09:53 - May 10 with 1375 viewsGeoffSentence

Meanwhile Joey Barton wants £4m for Aaron Collins

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Squad Valuations on 09:54 - May 10 with 1370 viewsJohnTy

Squad Valuations on 09:53 - May 10 by clive_baker

It wasn't long ago Norwich fans were saying Cantwell and Aarons were going to fetch £40m each.

We Ipswich fans are of course far more objective and realistic about the valuations of our squad.
Login to get fewer ads

Squad Valuations on 09:55 - May 10 with 1360 viewsclive_baker

Squad Valuations on 09:54 - May 10 by JohnTy

We Ipswich fans are of course far more objective and realistic about the valuations of our squad.

Such as?

Squad Valuations on 10:00 - May 10 with 1332 viewsStokieBlue

Squad Valuations on 09:54 - May 10 by JohnTy

It's nothing to do with being objective, we have empirical evidence that the valuations are wrong:

- Broadhead, joined for 1.5m and been brilliant, clearly worth more than 800k.
- Davis, joined for 1m and been brilliant, clearly worth more than 1m.
- Clarke, joined for 1m and been brilliant, clearly worth more than 600k.

Surely you have something better to do?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Squad Valuations on 10:19 - May 10 with 1255 viewsJohnTy

Squad Valuations on 10:00 - May 10 by StokieBlue

It's nothing to do with being objective, we have empirical evidence that the valuations are wrong:

- Broadhead, joined for 1.5m and been brilliant, clearly worth more than 800k.
- Davis, joined for 1m and been brilliant, clearly worth more than 1m.
- Clarke, joined for 1m and been brilliant, clearly worth more than 600k.

Surely you have something better to do?

SB

You may have a point about Broadhead, Davis and Clarke. Some of the others may not be wide of the mark since the only buyers would probably be League 1 or struggling Championship clubs.

The only time when honest appraisals of a players current value are made seem to me to be when a) you decide to unload a player b) when someone makes an enquiry about one of your players c) you insure a player.
Squad Valuations on 10:24 - May 10 with 1210 viewsJ2BLUE

Squad Valuations on 09:49 - May 10 by JohnTy

More evidence that site is absolute rubbish then? Might be a bit more accurate at the top levels of the game but it has always been inaccurate for us. It has listed the likes of Coke for £500k in the past.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Squad Valuations on 10:25 - May 10 with 1206 viewsclive_baker

Squad Valuations on 10:19 - May 10 by JohnTy

You may have a point about Broadhead, Davis and Clarke. Some of the others may not be wide of the mark since the only buyers would probably be League 1 or struggling Championship clubs.

The only time when honest appraisals of a players current value are made seem to me to be when a) you decide to unload a player b) when someone makes an enquiry about one of your players c) you insure a player.

Ultimately, like anything, the asset is only worth what the market dictates it to be worth. It's hard to value footballers really, it's not like a house or a car where it's much easier to determine a fair market value.

I wouldn't have thought we would sell Davis for £4m right now for example, equally I don't suppose there's a queue of clubs willing to write cheques for more than that either. A lot of Championship clubs are skint and they would be the market for most of our more desirable players. Same goes for Norwich, who is going to offer 2.5m for Pukki whose contract is up next month? Nobody is the answer.

Squad Valuations on 10:28 - May 10 with 1172 viewsJohnTy

Squad Valuations on 10:25 - May 10 by clive_baker

Ultimately, like anything, the asset is only worth what the market dictates it to be worth. It's hard to value footballers really, it's not like a house or a car where it's much easier to determine a fair market value.

I wouldn't have thought we would sell Davis for £4m right now for example, equally I don't suppose there's a queue of clubs willing to write cheques for more than that either. A lot of Championship clubs are skint and they would be the market for most of our more desirable players. Same goes for Norwich, who is going to offer 2.5m for Pukki whose contract is up next month? Nobody is the answer.

Totally agree.

It will be interesting to see the kind of players we target over the summer, and how much we are asked to pay for them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024