Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think we have at least one graphic designer on here 16:52 - May 18 with 1348 viewsIllinoisblue

Get your pencils out, there’s a repair job for you.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I think we have at least one graphic designer on here on 16:56 - May 18 with 1302 viewsPlums

Front Bottom Sports might be more appropriate

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

I think we have at least one graphic designer on here on 17:13 - May 18 with 1251 viewsMookamoo

These things are always underwhelming when you take the logo shape away from the brand as a whole. I think if it's given time to develop it could be interesting with the use of colour and shape, plus using the silhouette to frame players/action

Anything other than a simple logo form would have immediately garnered criticism for being dated.
I think we have at least one graphic designer on here on 17:26 - May 18 with 1200 viewsDistantBlue

Oh dear……that really isn’t good, too much work on to do a redesign, but am tempted
I think we have at least one graphic designer on here on 17:59 - May 18 with 1136 viewsgiant_stow

I think we have at least one graphic designer on here on 17:13 - May 18 by Mookamoo

These things are always underwhelming when you take the logo shape away from the brand as a whole. I think if it's given time to develop it could be interesting with the use of colour and shape, plus using the silhouette to frame players/action

Anything other than a simple logo form would have immediately garnered criticism for being dated.

its the mix of the graphic and cut-out trophy that looks a bit odd / dated to me. Can't really see the front bottom thing.

Edit: I would say though that its much easier to critique a logo than come up with one (having knocked up a few for unsuspecting punters with low expectations!).
[Post edited 18 May 2023 18:01]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I think we have at least one graphic designer on here on 18:12 - May 18 with 1093 viewsNthQldITFC

I think we have at least one graphic designer on here on 17:13 - May 18 by Mookamoo

Groove is in the heart, ah-ah-ah-aah!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

I think we have at least one graphic designer on here on 18:12 - May 18 with 1092 viewsIllinoisblue

That is a fair point. And no matter the logo it won’t stop me going to hopefully at least a couple of games.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I think we have at least one graphic designer on here on 18:18 - May 18 with 1056 viewsgiant_stow

I think we have at least one graphic designer on here on 18:12 - May 18 by NthQldITFC

Groove is in the heart, ah-ah-ah-aah!

SIng it babe.

(tune)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I think we have at least one graphic designer on here on 18:30 - May 18 with 1025 viewsdanger_matt

People said the same thing about the 2012 logo when it first appeared. But if you think back now it’s probably the most unusual, memorable and iconic sports event identity since the 80s. I’d hold judgement until we see it in action. The fact people are even talking about it is usually a good sign.
Login to get fewer ads

I think we have at least one graphic designer on here on 19:13 - May 18 with 945 viewsMookamoo

I think we have at least one graphic designer on here on 18:30 - May 18 by danger_matt

People said the same thing about the 2012 logo when it first appeared. But if you think back now it’s probably the most unusual, memorable and iconic sports event identity since the 80s. I’d hold judgement until we see it in action. The fact people are even talking about it is usually a good sign.

I remember and interview with Wolff Olins about how frustrated he was when the 2012 logo was announced and how it got totally panned without giving it chance to communicate the dynamic nature of the brand and how it would change depending on event/location etc. The logo element still has to work in isolation and his problem is people saw Lisa Simpson and that was that.

My issue with the 2024 logo is it looks like just another Nike campaign and will be forgettable. Not sure it has the individuality of the London 2012 logo which I think you're right, is now remembered fondly.

That also might have something to do with how London 2012 was a success. Anything Fifa do, especially with Infantino knocking about immediately has a whiff of poo. Any brand has to work a lot harder just to cover the smell.
I think we have at least one graphic designer on here on 20:00 - May 18 with 870 viewsHighgateBlue

I don't mind the 2 and the 6 at all, or the simplicity of the colour. But a photo of the trophy in the middle of it? A photo? That's just weird, and seems to throw the rule book out, and not in a good way. It looks like someone on the Apprentice had a go...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024