Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... 12:26 - May 18 with 3210 viewsitfcjoe

...for £3m

They have quietly spent a fair bit on players - this is sort of thing we'll need to be doing

Jack Clarke - £3.5m with potential to go up a hell of a lot more with add ons

Dan Ballard - £2m

Jewison Bennette - £1.5m

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 12:41 - May 18 with 3063 viewsChurchman

Agreed. This is exactly the type of signing we should be looking at. I suspect given the type of player we acquired in January and before, it’s what we are doing.
Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 12:51 - May 18 with 2977 viewshomer_123

We have done with the likes of Clarke and Davis.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 12:51 - May 18 with 2977 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Quality signing for them.

Even without Amad I expect them to go again next season. Mark Ashton dusting off the chequebook as we speak. He is going to need it.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 12:57 - May 18 with 2905 viewsLankHenners

Abdoullah Ba for a million as well supposedly.

Similar markets to where we'll be looking's well you'd think - young players at Prem clubs who aren't realistically close to getting in the first team and making most of connections in Europe and beyond.

Obviously likes of Broadhead, Clarke, Davis fit into that category already so we've clearly got a good eye on that bracket of player.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 13:04 - May 18 with 2835 viewsHerbivore

Slightly surprised a bigger club isn't taking a punt on him at that sort of fee. Does go to show that there are a few clubs in the Championship able to spend a decent amount of cash and in Sunderland's case that spending has helped to push them on. Given what we've managed in League 1 with the signings of Davis, Broadhead and Clarke, I'd hope we'll similarly spend some sensible but not insignificant fees on young players with high ceilings.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 13:04 - May 18 with 2824 viewschicoazul

Anyone else read this as Jude?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 13:08 - May 18 with 2779 viewsAsa

How justified is the hype around Bellingham Junior?

Only seen him a couple of times and he's obviously very young, but didn't see anywhere near as much as I did with the few times I saw Jude play for Birmingham at a similar sort of age.

I'm sure clubs like Sunderland don't often pay over the odds in the hope he ends up another £25m sale to the Bundesliga, but is the fee realistic to those that have seen more of him or have they paid a bit over the odds because of the surname?

I'd imagine he really is that good and has that much potential, so my brief glimpses of him may have likely been when he had a rare poor or quiet game.

By contrast, the cheaper Ballard you could tell in Blackpool's playoff run was going to be a very, very good player every time you saw him.
Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 13:11 - May 18 with 2751 viewsHerbivore

Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 13:08 - May 18 by Asa

Only seen him a couple of times and he's obviously very young, but didn't see anywhere near as much as I did with the few times I saw Jude play for Birmingham at a similar sort of age.

I'm sure clubs like Sunderland don't often pay over the odds in the hope he ends up another £25m sale to the Bundesliga, but is the fee realistic to those that have seen more of him or have they paid a bit over the odds because of the surname?

I'd imagine he really is that good and has that much potential, so my brief glimpses of him may have likely been when he had a rare poor or quiet game.

By contrast, the cheaper Ballard you could tell in Blackpool's playoff run was going to be a very, very good player every time you saw him.

24 Championship appearances at the age of 17 suggests there's a lot of potential there. £3m doesn't seem an awful lot.

Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 13:16 - May 18 with 2689 viewsjayessess

I think if you're starting games and looking up to the level in the Championship at 17 (which he seems to), you're always likely to be going for that sort of money.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 13:16 - May 18 with 2687 viewsAsa

Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 13:11 - May 18 by Herbivore

24 Championship appearances at the age of 17 suggests there's a lot of potential there. £3m doesn't seem an awful lot.

Fair enough. In my head he was 18 and must be pushing 19.

Very different to not even being old enough to have a pint and playing for half a Championship season.
Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 13:59 - May 18 with 2467 viewsSomethingBlue

Quite a few others around the 19-21 age group — Lihadji, Ba, Ekwah — come in too and had decent playing time, and they seem to be particularly active in France. Seems to be a plan there and I expect they'll survive the loss of their loan players.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 14:17 - May 18 with 2305 viewsITFCBlues

Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 13:04 - May 18 by Herbivore

Slightly surprised a bigger club isn't taking a punt on him at that sort of fee. Does go to show that there are a few clubs in the Championship able to spend a decent amount of cash and in Sunderland's case that spending has helped to push them on. Given what we've managed in League 1 with the signings of Davis, Broadhead and Clarke, I'd hope we'll similarly spend some sensible but not insignificant fees on young players with high ceilings.

Based on the fact his 2nd names Bellingham?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 14:42 - May 18 with 2188 viewsHerbivore

Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 14:17 - May 18 by ITFCBlues

Based on the fact his 2nd names Bellingham?

Based on the fact he's 17, highly rated, and already has 24 Championship appearances to his name.

Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 15:08 - May 18 with 2114 viewsSamWhiteUK

The deal isn't done yet, and he is apparently interested in the "project"...

🤔
Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 15:13 - May 18 with 2082 viewsFrimleyBlue

Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 15:08 - May 18 by SamWhiteUK

🤔

He's been at Sunderlands recently game etc it's done.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 15:15 - May 18 with 2078 viewsPinewoodblue

Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 15:08 - May 18 by SamWhiteUK

🤔

He was, apparently, at the play off home game. Mowbray didn’t seem to know anything about it when asked post match. He is of course just head coach and probably has little input on recruitment.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 15:17 - May 18 with 2059 viewsitfcjoe

Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 15:15 - May 18 by Pinewoodblue

He was, apparently, at the play off home game. Mowbray didn’t seem to know anything about it when asked post match. He is of course just head coach and probably has little input on recruitment.

The Sunderland DoF is Kristjaan Speakman who was Head of the Academy at Birmingham and very close with the Bellingham family

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 19:14 - May 18 with 1676 viewsBigCommon

Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 12:51 - May 18 by homer_123

We have done with the likes of Clarke and Davis.

Down voted in error..
Sorry bout that.
Sunderland signing Jobe Bellingham... on 19:50 - May 18 with 1560 viewsbluelagos

So a couple of junior players Dad's I spoke to reckon he is regarded better than his brother. They said he was extremely impressive against their lads.

So if that is even half true, Sunderland could have done an amazing bit of business given how good senior has become.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024