Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town in 6 Charlton home 07:00 - Jul 4 with 1686 viewsKeno

This felt like a good day!

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Town in 6 Charlton home on 09:55 - Jul 4 with 1526 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Can we keep Freddie please.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Town in 6 Charlton home on 14:29 - Jul 4 with 1405 viewsdavray9

At last... I have been waiting for this moment... Thank you Keno for continuing to post these Town in 5 videos. So now I can tell my Story...

My Journey started from a small country town on the South Coast of Australia. I then flew from Adelaide to Taiwan (a ten hour flight) and then a twelve and a half hour trip took me on to Heathrow. I landed on the Thursday night around 6pm.
I must say that London is still a City that is one of the best (if not the best) Cities in the world... never underestimate how much it means to be flying back home to your place of birth. I emigrated to Australia 18 months ago, having been a Town fan and season ticket holder since the late 80's I was ecstatic to be back and to have the chance to visit Portman Road. Prior to the match against Charlton, I took time to soak in the atmosphere outside the ground, to reflect on how far away I now live, but how familiar and comforting it was to be home, to stand with Sir Bob and Sir Alf. I felt happy, nervous and hopeful...
The Charlton game was to be the first game of a trip for which I had no return ticket... my Wife (An Aussie) couldn't understand that I may be back in the first or last week of May, depending on results. Would it be Automatic promotion? or the dreaded playoffs... either way I had to know...
The Macauley Bonne situation seemed bizarre... He clearly wasn't in the right place, mentally to play in this game. Ipswich battered Charlton, twenty four shots to 5... all stats pointed to the fact this would be a drubbing... and it was! Chaplin finally got his hat-trick! I got to see all my friends and family on a very special, emotional day. returning to Ipswich on the train, I soaked in every last bit of atmosphere, The Greyhound was buzzing, at the match the crowd were starting to believe that something special (despite the Cheltenham result) was happening... I had meticulously planned my trip for the promotion run in... so far, Town had not let me down... This beats staying up until 1:30am to watch the matches on IFollow and going to bed after the radio Suffolk phone in at around 5am.
What a day, what a result! the culmination of a three day, 12000 mile journey to Fortress Portman Road... I'll never forget what it feels like to be with you all, as one... Up the Town!!!
Town in 6 Charlton home on 16:27 - Jul 4 with 1342 viewsGarv

Imagine if we'd somehow managed to not get promoted. It was far too easy at times.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Town in 6 Charlton home on 16:33 - Jul 4 with 1339 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Town in 6 Charlton home on 14:29 - Jul 4 by davray9

At last... I have been waiting for this moment... Thank you Keno for continuing to post these Town in 5 videos. So now I can tell my Story...

My Journey started from a small country town on the South Coast of Australia. I then flew from Adelaide to Taiwan (a ten hour flight) and then a twelve and a half hour trip took me on to Heathrow. I landed on the Thursday night around 6pm.
I must say that London is still a City that is one of the best (if not the best) Cities in the world... never underestimate how much it means to be flying back home to your place of birth. I emigrated to Australia 18 months ago, having been a Town fan and season ticket holder since the late 80's I was ecstatic to be back and to have the chance to visit Portman Road. Prior to the match against Charlton, I took time to soak in the atmosphere outside the ground, to reflect on how far away I now live, but how familiar and comforting it was to be home, to stand with Sir Bob and Sir Alf. I felt happy, nervous and hopeful...
The Charlton game was to be the first game of a trip for which I had no return ticket... my Wife (An Aussie) couldn't understand that I may be back in the first or last week of May, depending on results. Would it be Automatic promotion? or the dreaded playoffs... either way I had to know...
The Macauley Bonne situation seemed bizarre... He clearly wasn't in the right place, mentally to play in this game. Ipswich battered Charlton, twenty four shots to 5... all stats pointed to the fact this would be a drubbing... and it was! Chaplin finally got his hat-trick! I got to see all my friends and family on a very special, emotional day. returning to Ipswich on the train, I soaked in every last bit of atmosphere, The Greyhound was buzzing, at the match the crowd were starting to believe that something special (despite the Cheltenham result) was happening... I had meticulously planned my trip for the promotion run in... so far, Town had not let me down... This beats staying up until 1:30am to watch the matches on IFollow and going to bed after the radio Suffolk phone in at around 5am.
What a day, what a result! the culmination of a three day, 12000 mile journey to Fortress Portman Road... I'll never forget what it feels like to be with you all, as one... Up the Town!!!

Congratulations on finding yourself a great sounding wife!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Town in 6 Charlton home on 16:48 - Jul 4 with 1305 viewsfarkenhell

Town in 6 Charlton home on 16:33 - Jul 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

Congratulations on finding yourself a great sounding wife!

Yes, that was my first thought too!
Town in 6 Charlton home on 16:52 - Jul 4 with 1299 viewsSteve_M

Town in 6 Charlton home on 09:55 - Jul 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

Can we keep Freddie please.

I think his Ladapo's two goals, especially the second one, were my favourite part of the day. Hirst worked Charlton all game, making space for Chaplin and Broadhead and then Freddie comes off the bench to score two really good goals.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Town in 6 Charlton home on 17:02 - Jul 4 with 1291 viewsthe_toff

Town in 6 Charlton home on 16:48 - Jul 4 by farkenhell

Yes, that was my first thought too!

Ha, right! That was my thought too, she's definitely a keeper.

Great story davray9, thanks for sharing. Respect to you for your loyalty to the blues despite your distance.

Uppa Town.
Town in 6 Charlton home on 19:51 - Jul 4 with 1192 viewsWestSussexBlue

Son and I were at this one, it was this absolute mauling of Charlton that I realised finally this was our time. We looked a different league completely and to be fair they weren’t actually that poor, we were just immense. The stars at this point were aligning for the final home game.
Login to get fewer ads

Town in 6 Charlton home on 20:09 - Jul 4 with 1153 viewsHipsterectomy

Mckenna telling the coach driver 'see you next week'...how does he get home if it's a one way trip into Town

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Town in 6 Charlton home on 20:13 - Jul 4 with 1138 viewsKeno

Town in 6 Charlton home on 20:09 - Jul 4 by Hipsterectomy

Mckenna telling the coach driver 'see you next week'...how does he get home if it's a one way trip into Town

He probably drives the coach back to the coach depot and goes home in his car

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024