Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? 08:31 - Aug 1 with 1989 viewsMatterhorn

Seems like another govt lash up or scam, spent hours trying to pay fee but nothing works after they changed payments to a new payment system, time limit has been extended to today but it’s all crashed! Nothing ever works in this poxy country
Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 08:38 - Aug 1 with 1942 viewsSarge

The fact you even have to pay at all to use the Dartford crossing is a scam in itself. It’s paid for itself by now, not withstanding the fact we’re basically paying for the privilege of being delayed for 45 minutes. Perhaps they could use all the extra funds they’ve conned off motorists for the past 20 years to do something about the northbound crossing, it would be quicker to swim that.
Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 08:42 - Aug 1 with 1915 viewsChurchman

It’s great news for the French owners though and more money for their shareholders. All those lovely fines!

When the govt flogged off the crossing, the outstanding debt was repaid in 18 months and since then rivers of £££ has rolled into French coffers. Queues most days for miles. Why should they care? A new, probably cheaper, payment system = higher dividends. That’s before the money they’ll plunder in fines. It’s a brilliant wheeze and great for the foreign owners - unless you have to use it regularly as I do.

Thanks tories - yet another tick in the overfilling box of stunning ignorance and incompetence.
Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 08:45 - Aug 1 with 1886 viewsMatterhorn

Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 08:42 - Aug 1 by Churchman

It’s great news for the French owners though and more money for their shareholders. All those lovely fines!

When the govt flogged off the crossing, the outstanding debt was repaid in 18 months and since then rivers of £££ has rolled into French coffers. Queues most days for miles. Why should they care? A new, probably cheaper, payment system = higher dividends. That’s before the money they’ll plunder in fines. It’s a brilliant wheeze and great for the foreign owners - unless you have to use it regularly as I do.

Thanks tories - yet another tick in the overfilling box of stunning ignorance and incompetence.

Looking on the web it seems to be handed over to a business owned by a Spanish billionaire, could they be Tory donors or is that me being my usual cynical self
Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 08:48 - Aug 1 with 1872 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I don't cross that often but lately I've been using the Rotherhithe tunnel as I anticipated problems with this payment system changeover. Not trying to be smug, just suggesting it's an option (and free). But I agree with the other responders - the whole Dartford crossing scheme is a scam.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 08:55 - Aug 1 with 1841 viewsDJR

I think part of the problem is that they asked those with existing accounts (presumably millions) to update their details from 28 July. This has presumably caused the site to crash because there has been a message for the last few days saying it is not possible to log on to the site. And there is a waiting system in place for those trying to pay the charge (presumably those without accounts).
Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 08:58 - Aug 1 with 1817 viewsDJR

Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 08:42 - Aug 1 by Churchman

The only advantage of the new system is that the automatic top-up of £10 will kick in when money in the account falls below £5 rather than £10. I always thought it an outrage that the company always had at least £10 of my money all the time in their coffers.
Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 09:12 - Aug 1 with 1741 viewsMatterhorn

Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 08:58 - Aug 1 by DJR

The only advantage of the new system is that the automatic top-up of £10 will kick in when money in the account falls below £5 rather than £10. I always thought it an outrage that the company always had at least £10 of my money all the time in their coffers.

The wool witch ferry is closed until sometime in September I don’t know if that will affect the rotherhithe?
Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 09:20 - Aug 1 with 1714 viewsMatterhorn

Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 09:12 - Aug 1 by Matterhorn

The wool witch ferry is closed until sometime in September I don’t know if that will affect the rotherhithe?

Edit - woolwich
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 09:28 - Aug 1 with 1691 viewsChurchman

Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 08:45 - Aug 1 by Matterhorn

Looking on the web it seems to be handed over to a business owned by a Spanish billionaire, could they be Tory donors or is that me being my usual cynical self

Nothing would surprise me. All I know is that it’s a licence to print money.
Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 09:34 - Aug 1 with 1671 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 08:55 - Aug 1 by DJR

I think part of the problem is that they asked those with existing accounts (presumably millions) to update their details from 28 July. This has presumably caused the site to crash because there has been a message for the last few days saying it is not possible to log on to the site. And there is a waiting system in place for those trying to pay the charge (presumably those without accounts).

Miss Slave has been ignoring that email in case it was a scam.....def legit then?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 09:48 - Aug 1 with 1619 viewsDJR

Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 09:34 - Aug 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

Miss Slave has been ignoring that email in case it was a scam.....def legit then?

It should be, but don't click on any link. Instead, log in to the Dart Charge site, which isn't actually possible at the moment.
Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 09:58 - Aug 1 with 1586 viewsthe_toff

Not always possible but try and keep any evidence of your attempt to pay. Screenshots etc.

Will help if you have to contest a fine, it's much more difficult for them to enforce anything when you've made reasonable attempts to pay.
Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 10:11 - Aug 1 with 1541 viewsEJP

I used it Sunday both ways.

I have money in my account, but apparently have to verify my bank card again. To add to the fun, I changed my car on Friday and as the site was down from then was unable to update…. Spent most of yesterday in queues on the site, only for it to crash once I finally got in.
Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 12:25 - Aug 1 with 1427 viewsBloomBlue

It's been a scam ever since Gordon Brown (as exchequer) went back on the original plan for it to be free after the tolls paid for the build costs. Every government has subsequently seen it as a tax cash cow.
Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 13:30 - Aug 1 with 1349 viewsITFC_Forever

Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 08:58 - Aug 1 by DJR

It doesn’t auto top-up mine, I just get a reminder that my balance has gone below £10 which I ignore.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 15:02 - Aug 1 with 1274 viewsDJR

Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 13:30 - Aug 1 by ITFC_Forever

It doesn’t auto top-up mine, I just get a reminder that my balance has gone below £10 which I ignore.

I suppose I do this because it means I don't really have to think about things.
Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 17:19 - Aug 1 with 1187 viewslongtimefan

Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 13:30 - Aug 1 by ITFC_Forever

Same here. Always get email reminders but just ignore them. Never had any issues doing so - usually top up once I'm down to £2.
Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 22:02 - Aug 1 with 1061 viewsFreddies_Ears

Anyone use the dartford crossing at the weekend? on 09:34 - Aug 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

Me too!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024