Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town TV ... again 10:41 - Aug 4 with 3691 viewsurbanblue

Apologies if any of this has been covered before but I've only just sorted out a Subscription to watch the Sky Sports games on Bein over here in Oz (Being the most urgent for the Sunderland game) and have now looked at Town TV to get that sorted.

Is it me or is the whole Subscription process an absolute mess with little or no information?

I first downloaded the App and for the life of me can't find a way to Subscribe on there. I take it it has to be done on a browser?

Also there is no indication as to whether Tuesdays Carabou Cup game is included. I presume it is as ifollow did but surely they should clarify.

Also, does anyone know if you can join the game late and rewind to the start as you could on ifollow? Bristol Rovers is a 4.45am kick off over here and when a game is at that time over here, with no chance of getting more sleep after, I sometimes get up at six, hide the score, rewind to the start and watch 'live'

Finally, will a replay be available immediately after the game or will there be a delay of a few hours before we can watch as there used to be on ifollow?

Also, how about a 'Spoiler' button for hiding the score if watching on delay. Most other Streaming Services seem to be able to include this, although it must be said it seemed to be too hard for ifollow to manage.

It's not Rocket Science in this day and age to supply this sort of information. I couldn't even see an FAQ section.

Any knowledge or advice appreciated. Cheers.
Town TV ... again on 10:48 - Aug 4 with 3624 viewsStevieH

When you go to the TownTV home page and scroll down a little bit, there is a menu which scrolls left to right which includes faq’s and other bits (I’m using a mobile phone)

https://www.itfc.co.uk/videos/

Edit: https://www.itfc.co.uk/videos/faqs

There’s a link for international supporters
[Post edited 4 Aug 2023 10:54]
Town TV ... again on 11:02 - Aug 4 with 3539 viewsurbanblue

Town TV ... again on 10:48 - Aug 4 by StevieH

When you go to the TownTV home page and scroll down a little bit, there is a menu which scrolls left to right which includes faq’s and other bits (I’m using a mobile phone)

https://www.itfc.co.uk/videos/

Edit: https://www.itfc.co.uk/videos/faqs

There’s a link for international supporters
[Post edited 4 Aug 2023 10:54]

Thank you. I must have been getting impatient not to have spotted that. Unfortunately none of the FAQ'S answers my questions. Indeed it says Town TV covers Championship matches with no mention of Carabou Cup games.
Town TV ... again on 11:21 - Aug 4 with 3448 viewsGavTWTD

ifollow don't cover league cup matches. It's very unlikely TownTV will.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Town TV ... again on 11:35 - Aug 4 with 3422 viewsBluebell

This may be a stupid question but will we get Town TV at 3pm on Saturdays or will it be like iFollow and only games at other times allowed?

Will we get all away games too? Will I have to travel abroad to watch them?

Town TV ... again on 11:47 - Aug 4 with 3365 viewsurbanblue

Town TV ... again on 11:21 - Aug 4 by GavTWTD

ifollow don't cover league cup matches. It's very unlikely TownTV will.

Don't you think they should make it clear though. The site says it covers Championship Games not being broadcast on Sky then specifically says not FA Cup Games. No mention of Carabou Cup at all.

I can't remember if the League Cup was covered by ifollow. Guess we never got past the first round ever ...
Town TV ... again on 12:04 - Aug 4 with 3311 viewsIllinoisblue

Town TV ... again on 11:47 - Aug 4 by urbanblue

Don't you think they should make it clear though. The site says it covers Championship Games not being broadcast on Sky then specifically says not FA Cup Games. No mention of Carabou Cup at all.

I can't remember if the League Cup was covered by ifollow. Guess we never got past the first round ever ...

League cup games were not shown on iFollow; audio only

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Town TV ... again on 12:07 - Aug 4 with 3285 viewsRozz

Town TV ... again on 11:35 - Aug 4 by Bluebell

This may be a stupid question but will we get Town TV at 3pm on Saturdays or will it be like iFollow and only games at other times allowed?

Will we get all away games too? Will I have to travel abroad to watch them?

I think domestic viewers will get the pre + postmatch shows but no live coverage for 3pm Saturdays. Midweek league games that aren't chosen for TV will be available for match passes at additional cost.

Best to travel abroad for what you seek.

In answer to OP, a lot is unanswerable because we simply haven't seen a full league game production yet:
-Subscribe on browser. Haven't used the app, but suspect it'll be toilet as it's been rushed.
-Carabao + FA Cup games not included in iFollow coverage so unlikely to be on Town TV.
-I would assume (hope) that you can rewind live as before, but haven't seen how the new player functions yet.
-I would assume there will be a delay in uploading. The date of the Innsbruck full highlights (all 5hrs 17 minutes of them) indicates it was uploaded same day, at least.

Spoiler button is a niche idea, never seen it before on any other platform and very much doubt it'll be a priority here.
Town TV ... again on 12:20 - Aug 4 with 3246 viewsitfcserbia

Not just you urbanblue, it has been commented by few the lack of information is frustrating - myself included.

While some technical glitches and bugs are understandable the lack of information is not. FAQs are pretty useless too.

Regarding rewinding and starting late like in iFollow (it was a great option) - the only thing so far I watched live on TownTV was the Insbruck cup and there was no option to go back or fw by 10-15s or to rewind/replay during the stream.

Let's hope it will be made possible in some upcoming MVPs they are hopefully planning for the platform.

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

Login to get fewer ads

Town TV ... again on 12:22 - Aug 4 with 3241 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Town TV ... again on 11:47 - Aug 4 by urbanblue

Carabao.

It will be exactly as it was last year, the broadcast rights have not changed at all.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Town TV ... again on 13:28 - Aug 4 with 3087 viewsurbanblue

Town TV ... again on 12:07 - Aug 4 by Rozz

I think domestic viewers will get the pre + postmatch shows but no live coverage for 3pm Saturdays. Midweek league games that aren't chosen for TV will be available for match passes at additional cost.

Best to travel abroad for what you seek.

In answer to OP, a lot is unanswerable because we simply haven't seen a full league game production yet:
-Subscribe on browser. Haven't used the app, but suspect it'll be toilet as it's been rushed.
-Carabao + FA Cup games not included in iFollow coverage so unlikely to be on Town TV.
-I would assume (hope) that you can rewind live as before, but haven't seen how the new player functions yet.
-I would assume there will be a delay in uploading. The date of the Innsbruck full highlights (all 5hrs 17 minutes of them) indicates it was uploaded same day, at least.

Spoiler button is a niche idea, never seen it before on any other platform and very much doubt it'll be a priority here.

Thanks for that. It shouldn't all be unanswerable though should it. Even ifollow told us how long we'd have to wait for a replay.

For a club that has been so spot on in nearly all aspects of the way it's been run since the new ownership this roll out seems to have been rushed and poorly thought out.
Town TV ... again on 14:28 - Aug 4 with 2896 viewscressi

Town TV ... again on 13:28 - Aug 4 by urbanblue

Thanks for that. It shouldn't all be unanswerable though should it. Even ifollow told us how long we'd have to wait for a replay.

For a club that has been so spot on in nearly all aspects of the way it's been run since the new ownership this roll out seems to have been rushed and poorly thought out.

I don't wish to subscribe and pay 5.99 a month for the pleasure.
But can I just pay without subscribing to watch games when they are available like on I follow .
Town TV ... again on 21:04 - Aug 7 with 2496 viewsBonchosBicycle

Does anyone know if the Carabao Cup game will have an audio link? I swear IFollow did used to provide audio commentary for those matches even though the matches weren't able to be shown. Was the Radio Suffolk feed. I could be wrong.
Town TV ... again on 22:01 - Aug 7 with 2367 viewsDJR

Town TV ... again on 14:28 - Aug 4 by cressi

I don't wish to subscribe and pay 5.99 a month for the pleasure.
But can I just pay without subscribing to watch games when they are available like on I follow .

Yes, you can. I did that on Saturday without having a subscription..
Town TV ... again on 22:09 - Aug 7 with 2294 viewsolimar

Was definitely a lack of clarity about the payment terms initially, where it wasnt clear if it was a monthly recurring sub or needed to be renewed monthly or whether you were able to cancel it etc. I think that might have been clarified since admittedly.
When the Innsbruck cup was hosted, a few people seemed to have difficulty just find the actual feed to play the live video. I had clicked through a few menus myself to get there, it felt like.
Town TV ... again on 14:25 - Aug 8 with 2010 viewsBluroo

Town TV ... again on 22:01 - Aug 7 by DJR

Can I ask, what country were you in (assume you were overseas as the game was on Sky... but then again you might not have Sky) or did you VPN from UK to somewhere like Italy where the game was not on TV? I understood the game was not available in the UK as it was on Sky...

Issue I've got is that I travel internationally for work quite a bit, so let's say in a season I can watch 20 games live of which 10 I am in the UK and 10 are overseas. None of the subscriptions seems to work well for me.

At this stage I'm thinking the best plan is to subscribe to the International Subscription from Aug - May (£180) and when I am in UK or a country where its not available I'll just VPN to somewhere it is... think that'll work?

Anyone know the email address for questions to ITFC about this... I need to carefully word some questions...!

Cheers
Town TV ... again on 14:53 - Aug 8 with 1963 viewsDJR

Town TV ... again on 14:25 - Aug 8 by Bluroo

Can I ask, what country were you in (assume you were overseas as the game was on Sky... but then again you might not have Sky) or did you VPN from UK to somewhere like Italy where the game was not on TV? I understood the game was not available in the UK as it was on Sky...

Issue I've got is that I travel internationally for work quite a bit, so let's say in a season I can watch 20 games live of which 10 I am in the UK and 10 are overseas. None of the subscriptions seems to work well for me.

At this stage I'm thinking the best plan is to subscribe to the International Subscription from Aug - May (£180) and when I am in UK or a country where its not available I'll just VPN to somewhere it is... think that'll work?

Anyone know the email address for questions to ITFC about this... I need to carefully word some questions...!

Cheers

I am in the UK but used the list of countries on the following link where the EFL said it was possible (even though it was on Sky) to watch a club's TV coverage. I chose Switzerland successfully but note also the list of unsold territories which includes Portugal.

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/august/04/how-to-watch-and-follow-the-efl-on-the-o

Having said this, someone in Switzerland said they couldn't access the game.

As regards emailing the club, I'd be inclined to keep your head down.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2023 14:59]
Town TV ... again on 16:37 - Aug 8 with 1913 viewsBluroo

Town TV ... again on 14:53 - Aug 8 by DJR

I am in the UK but used the list of countries on the following link where the EFL said it was possible (even though it was on Sky) to watch a club's TV coverage. I chose Switzerland successfully but note also the list of unsold territories which includes Portugal.

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/august/04/how-to-watch-and-follow-the-efl-on-the-o

Having said this, someone in Switzerland said they couldn't access the game.

As regards emailing the club, I'd be inclined to keep your head down.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2023 14:59]

Thanks, appreciate it.

So... I read between the lines how you did that ;) Therefore that's an option, wherever I am watching from, potentially.

I'm going to "test" the International Subscription in the UK on Saturday, if that works I might go that route as it saves the hassle of buying match passes each time, but otherwise, good to know your method probably works too.
Town TV ... again on 17:30 - Aug 8 with 1871 viewsDJR

Town TV ... again on 16:37 - Aug 8 by Bluroo

Thanks, appreciate it.

So... I read between the lines how you did that ;) Therefore that's an option, wherever I am watching from, potentially.

I'm going to "test" the International Subscription in the UK on Saturday, if that works I might go that route as it saves the hassle of buying match passes each time, but otherwise, good to know your method probably works too.

Reading between the lines is a good way of putting it!
Town TV ... again on 21:07 - Aug 8 with 1737 viewsPhilTWTD

A few of the things which have come up in these threads covered in here:

TownTV's Big Launch On Saturday 8th Aug 2023 19:31
Saturday sees the launch proper of TownTV, the club’s new service replacing iFollow, and director of media and communications Marcus Nash told TWTD what fans can expect from the new venture. 21

Town TV ... again on 21:53 - Aug 8 with 1667 viewscressi

Town TV ... again on 22:01 - Aug 7 by DJR

Thank you
Town TV ... again on 07:09 - Aug 9 with 1466 viewsDJR

Town TV ... again on 21:53 - Aug 8 by cressi

Thank you

No problem.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024