Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think we need a game clock... 19:10 - Aug 6 with 4847 viewsZx1988

If the EFL are going to seriously persist with accurate added time, I think we need game clocks sooner rather than later.

There must be a psychological impact on both sides to suddenly finding out you've got to hold out for another 15mins, or have a extra 15mins to go for the win.

It'll be interesting to see whether there's a correlation between the length of added time post-90mins, and the number of goals scored by winning/losing teams.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

I think we need a game clock... on 13:17 - Aug 8 with 398 viewsCheshire_Tractor

I question why everything has to stop for a routine substitution.

It wasn't a problem when there were 1-2 subs per side, but as the number has grown it has just meant a stop/start second half. I think this could be looked at.

Why can't the fourth official hold up the board then the players swap over at the next opportunity while the match carries on?
I think we need a game clock... on 13:23 - Aug 8 with 377 viewsCheshire_Tractor

I think we need a game clock... on 12:46 - Aug 8 by Swansea_Blue

Make it so that teams can restart after 60 secs even if the opponents aren’t back? That’d soon hurry them up!
[Post edited 8 Aug 2023 12:46]

I think they do this in hockey but it's 30 seconds. Works well.
I think we need a game clock... on 18:06 - Aug 8 with 337 viewsEireannach_gorm

I think we need a game clock... on 12:46 - Aug 8 by Swansea_Blue

Make it so that teams can restart after 60 secs even if the opponents aren’t back? That’d soon hurry them up!
[Post edited 8 Aug 2023 12:46]

I was thinking that too. Rugby have brought in a kick time limit and you could have a kick off time limit. Goal celebrations would be a little shorter with this option.
I think we need a game clock... on 18:12 - Aug 8 with 330 viewsHipsterectomy

At the very least the bench should be told around 85 mins to help them prepare for how much time may be left

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

I think we need a game clock... on 18:18 - Aug 8 with 324 viewsredrickstuhaart

I think we need a game clock... on 13:17 - Aug 8 by Cheshire_Tractor

I question why everything has to stop for a routine substitution.

It wasn't a problem when there were 1-2 subs per side, but as the number has grown it has just meant a stop/start second half. I think this could be looked at.

Why can't the fourth official hold up the board then the players swap over at the next opportunity while the match carries on?

Have them rolling with a fourth official.

Have anyone having treatement on the pitch, stay off for as long as htey had treatment for.

Problems treated at source instead of tackling only the symptoms.
I think we need a game clock... on 18:25 - Aug 8 with 326 viewsTrequartista

I've advocated this for a while where the time-keeping is removed from the referee altogether and the match lasts 60 minutes ball in play.

I think that's more of a law change rather than a directive applied to specific leagues though, so would presumably need IFAB and FIFA to all agree on it first.

We seem to currently be using a bit of a hybrid which is not helpful.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2023 18:26]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

I think we need a game clock... on 10:05 - Aug 9 with 264 viewsMediocre_Quick

We have 2? One on the big scoreboard, and one on the north stand scoreboard?

What more do you want?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024