Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thought Cardiff were good at our place, and that was a hard fought win for Town 19:27 - Sep 24 with 1821 viewsunstableblue

Think that was emphasised today in a great win at Sunderland… although sounds like they relied on their keeper and sitting deep

Although with only 34% possession

A McGuiness late winner

They had 45% possession at our place

They’re up to 7th

This league has some quality, just look at Blackburn

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Thought Cardiff were good at our place, and that was a hard fought win for Town on 19:33 - Sep 24 with 1772 viewsChurchman

Three wins in a week for them including a win over their rivals. Ramsey was missing today too. There are a lot of decent teams in this division including Cardiff and Blackburn.

Maybe half a dozen are a bit off the pace at the bottom, but of them I suspect Middlesbrough will move up the table.
Thought Cardiff were good at our place, and that was a hard fought win for Town on 20:00 - Sep 24 with 1647 viewsDubtractor

I thought Cardiff looked decent enough when we played them - not a team I think will really trouble the top 6, but equally nothing like the relegation fodder they have been billed as either.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Thought Cardiff were good at our place, and that was a hard fought win for Town on 20:11 - Sep 24 with 1589 viewsBarcaBlue

Thought Cardiff were good at our place, and that was a hard fought win for Town on 20:00 - Sep 24 by Dubtractor

I thought Cardiff looked decent enough when we played them - not a team I think will really trouble the top 6, but equally nothing like the relegation fodder they have been billed as either.

Sheffield Wednesday are the only team we've played who looked really poor, maybe Stoke for half an hour too but they turned things around a bit after a very shaky start.

There were a few comments on here after matches pre-Blackburn, and excluding Leeds, that the opposition weren't great but that really undermines how good we have been.
Thought Cardiff were good at our place, and that was a hard fought win for Town on 20:12 - Sep 24 with 1581 viewsjp_itfc

7th place and played us Leicester, Leeds and Sunderland away from home. That's not bad going!
Thought Cardiff were good at our place, and that was a hard fought win for Town on 20:14 - Sep 24 with 1586 viewsGeoffSentence

Big gap in quality between The Championship and League One now. League One really looks like the third division again.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Thought Cardiff were good at our place, and that was a hard fought win for Town on 21:16 - Sep 24 with 1386 viewsChrisd

Pleased for McGuiness, got a lot of unfair criticism from some when he was here, even though it was his first loan to a club and he was a young player starting his professional journey. He’s gone from us and done well for himself and though he was raw, you could see he had potential which he’s fulfilling.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2023 21:42]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Thought Cardiff were good at our place, and that was a hard fought win for Town on 08:29 - Sep 25 with 1005 viewsGeoffSentence

Thought Cardiff were good at our place, and that was a hard fought win for Town on 21:16 - Sep 24 by Chrisd

Pleased for McGuiness, got a lot of unfair criticism from some when he was here, even though it was his first loan to a club and he was a young player starting his professional journey. He’s gone from us and done well for himself and though he was raw, you could see he had potential which he’s fulfilling.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2023 21:42]

Your post reminds me of another young Town loanee, on his first loan out from his parent club who looked a bit raw but decent who was on the receiving end of criticism from fans, in particular for one incident in which he gave the ball away in midfield leading to a goal. That lad went on, needlessly in my opinion, to apologise to the fans for the incident. He didnt stay much longer at the club but went on to have a good career.

Anyone else remember that lad Massimo Luongo?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Thought Cardiff were good at our place, and that was a hard fought win for Town on 09:14 - Sep 25 with 925 viewsChurchman

My mackem mate tells me Cardiff put in a classic away performance and mugged Sunderland at the end. Let’s face it, they were putting in a classic away performance at our place for 58 mins. They’re clearly going to have a decent season, as will Blackburn.
Login to get fewer ads

Thought Cardiff were good at our place, and that was a hard fought win for Town on 09:49 - Sep 25 with 852 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Don't read a lot into possession stats. It's what you do with the ball when you have it...

In our 4-3 win on Saturday we had 40%.

Plymouth had just 31% possession against Norwich.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024