Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Need to avoid Lincoln (h) vibes today 10:19 - Oct 7 with 1297 viewsSomethingBlue

Almost exactly a year on and feels similar – that day you couldn't find a single person around town who didn't think we'd win by two or three, we were flying, came up against a very well drilled side and actually played quite well but were smash & grabbed. There's a real risk of the same thing happening today, in my opinion. We've grown a lot as a team since then though so hopefully we can solve the problem; think it'll be a tight and tetchy one and I'll be very encouraged if we navigate it smoothly.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Need to avoid Lincoln (h) vibes today on 10:36 - Oct 7 with 1218 viewsJakeITFC

Yup, they’re definitely happy without the ball and the difference at this level is that teams that come to stifle and frustrate also tend to have enough players of real quality to make things work when they do get out of their half.

Don’t think back to back hidings will help our cause in the regard that a more confident PNE might have come down and given us a bit more of a game, so it could be a frustrating afternoon. Hopefully we are both doing them a disservice!
Need to avoid Lincoln (h) vibes today on 11:07 - Oct 7 with 1145 viewsPinewoodblue

Watched their game at Leicester, they defended in number but broke with pace. They found if difficult to keep possession as , with sometimes every out field player behind the ball, no choice but to thump it down field and hope for the best.Took Leicester an hour to get first goal.

An early goal would be nice this afternoon but as K Mc has said they need 100% support from the stands. Mustn’t get frustrated if a goal is a longtime coming.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Need to avoid Lincoln (h) vibes today on 12:31 - Oct 7 with 1049 viewsHerbivore

It'll be a tough game. They've suffered two heavy defeats this week and will be desperate not to suffer a third so I'm expecting a packed defence and a fair bit of sh!t housing from early on. They'll play fairly direct on the counter and will try and nick something from set pieces as well. It'll be like a lot of our League 1 games last season, just against better players. Those are some of the games we've perhaps found trickier this season so far, we got over the line against Cardiff, QPR, and Wednesday but struggled at Huddersfield and all of the games were tight. Need to respect the opposition and stay patient. We do start fast and you imagine that if we get an early goal we could go on to win well, but we need to be prepared for the strong possibility that we might not get that fast start today and it may be a tight one for much of the match.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Need to avoid Lincoln (h) vibes today on 12:35 - Oct 7 with 1041 viewsStewart27

There was nothing positive about that Lincoln side. They sucked the life out of football.
Need to avoid Lincoln (h) vibes today on 12:43 - Oct 7 with 1013 viewsbournemouthblue

Need to avoid Lincoln (h) vibes today on 10:36 - Oct 7 by JakeITFC

Yup, they’re definitely happy without the ball and the difference at this level is that teams that come to stifle and frustrate also tend to have enough players of real quality to make things work when they do get out of their half.

Don’t think back to back hidings will help our cause in the regard that a more confident PNE might have come down and given us a bit more of a game, so it could be a frustrating afternoon. Hopefully we are both doing them a disservice!

I think they'll be similar to Huddersfield but more effective, they're clearly a tricky customer albeit hit a bit of a wall recently

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Need to avoid Lincoln (h) vibes today on 12:48 - Oct 7 with 989 viewsLankHenners

Said against Huddersfield that these types of games were the ones I was concerned about upon promotion. As others have said essentially the sort of thing we came up against in League One but better defensively and also carrying a proper threat to hit you with a sucker punch.

We're not the sort to panic if it doesn't happen but imagine McKenna will really be wanting a very fast start and an early goal if possible to force them to come out a bit and allow us to open them up a bit more.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Need to avoid Lincoln (h) vibes today on 13:01 - Oct 7 with 938 viewsBigCommon

The Lincoln game and few other games last season where we frustratingly dropped points, were pre Broadhead and Luongo, add to that the likes of Omari in the squad and us pulling the trigger a lot more often from out side the box these days. Imo, we have a lot more strings to our bow, that could help us break down stubborn teams.... I think we'll find a way, however North End approach this match. Even if some patience is needed...
Need to avoid Lincoln (h) vibes today on 13:23 - Oct 7 with 875 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

If we get a couple in the first half I can’t see them being as resilient as say Blackburn were, an early goal will be the difference maker today, and then our usual careful use of substitutes will hopefully seal the deal.
Login to get fewer ads

Need to avoid Lincoln (h) vibes today on 14:42 - Oct 7 with 768 viewsbournemouthblue

Need to avoid Lincoln (h) vibes today on 13:23 - Oct 7 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

If we get a couple in the first half I can’t see them being as resilient as say Blackburn were, an early goal will be the difference maker today, and then our usual careful use of substitutes will hopefully seal the deal.

I think it will be a different type of game but they're clearly quite dangerous with however it is they play, I assume they're fairly fast and direct

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024