Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football quiz(zes) ⚽ 19:50 - Oct 20 with 1858 viewsMiaow

Former Home Grounds of English Football Clubs #2 (+ #1)

Another quiz or two if anybody fancies a go following the disappointing postponement of this evening's game.

I have slimmed down the original quiz that I made around a year ago, included another 11 old football grounds and reordered them all so that there are now two 18-answer quizzes. Both quizzes have a time limit of six minutes.

The former home stadium of the team that were supposed to be tonight's opposition is included on the second quiz. Three of the 36 answers are Welsh clubs that play in the English league system. A couple of the old grounds listed were home to current Football League clubs for many years but they moved to their present stadiums shortly before joining the League.

https://www.jetpunk.com/user-quizzes/1696326/former-home-grounds-of-english-foot

https://www.jetpunk.com/user-quizzes/1696326/former-home-grounds-of-english-foot

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to have a look. I hope that anybody who made the journey - or part of it - to Rotherham is safe and hopefully not too soaked.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Football quiz(zes) ⚽ on 20:52 - Oct 20 with 1764 viewsPlums

Thank you Miaow.
16 and 11
Really struggled on the second. Although I've been to most of the ones I managed to get.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Football quiz(zes) ⚽ on 21:13 - Oct 20 with 1738 viewsgainsboroughblue

15 and 18

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Football quiz(zes) ⚽ on 23:20 - Oct 20 with 1646 viewsNthQldITFC

10 and 12

First one there's a real split between the most known ten and the rest, and those were the ten I got.

Second one, I got the top eleven and the thirteenth, so again pretty close match to 'normal' people
- I didn't know Underhill, but was surprised more people didn't know Elm Park.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Football quiz(zes) ⚽ on 23:39 - Oct 20 with 1635 viewssohamblue74

Good quiz thanks. Got 14 on the first one, and a full house on the second one.
Football quiz(zes) ⚽ on 08:50 - Oct 21 with 1563 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Got all the ones that more than 50% knew and none of the ones that fewer than 50% knew. A clear division between those too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Football quiz(zes) ⚽ on 12:39 - Oct 21 with 1469 viewsMiaow

Football quiz(zes) ⚽ on 23:20 - Oct 20 by NthQldITFC

10 and 12

First one there's a real split between the most known ten and the rest, and those were the ten I got.

Second one, I got the top eleven and the thirteenth, so again pretty close match to 'normal' people
- I didn't know Underhill, but was surprised more people didn't know Elm Park.

Yes, the #2 quiz has six answers with 80+% whereas the #1 quiz only has two, but the drop-off in the #2 quiz is more stark - there are a few in that one that are a bit more obscure.

But I'm also a tad surprised about Elm Park - more people have got Belle Vue and Leeds Road! And I would have expected a few more to get Eastville.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆

Football quiz(zes) ⚽ on 12:59 - Oct 21 with 1451 viewsTractorCam

10/18 on the top link
15/18 on the second link, and very disappointed to not get Burnden Park or the Goldstone Ground.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Football quiz(zes) ⚽ on 19:01 - Oct 21 with 1381 viewsMiaow

Football quiz(zes) ⚽ on 21:13 - Oct 20 by gainsboroughblue

15 and 18

Login to get fewer ads

Football quiz(zes) ⚽ on 19:07 - Oct 21 with 1368 viewsgainsboroughblue

Out of interest, how does the accepting of answers work?

For instance, if the answer is Nottingham Forest, is there an option when setting the quiz up to make 3 correct ways of giving the answer, like Forest, Nottm For etc etc?

I generally type the whole name and was thinking maybe I could slim my times down by shortening it!

Football quiz(zes) ⚽ on 22:13 - Oct 21 with 1312 viewsRadlett_blue

As an oldie, Io have been to many of these non-existent grounds so this was meat & drink to me. Got them all in the 2nd quiz; all but one in the first (missed Morecambe).

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Football quiz(zes) ⚽ on 22:17 - Oct 21 with 1304 viewsMiaow

Football quiz(zes) ⚽ on 19:07 - Oct 21 by gainsboroughblue

Out of interest, how does the accepting of answers work?

For instance, if the answer is Nottingham Forest, is there an option when setting the quiz up to make 3 correct ways of giving the answer, like Forest, Nottm For etc etc?

I generally type the whole name and was thinking maybe I could slim my times down by shortening it!

You are able to customise the accepted 'type-ins' for answers, and I always allow for any possible shortened versions of team names, e.g. "Man United" or "Man Utd", "Palace", "Forest", "Sheff Wed", etc. For a few, I also set it to accept acronyms/initialisms, e.g. "WBA", "WHU" and "FGR" (Forest Green Rovers). Some answers will always require the full name, such as Bristol Rovers (to differentiate from Bristol City) or Port Vale.

Football quiz(zes) ⚽ on 22:23 - Oct 21 with 1296 viewsgainsboroughblue

Football quiz(zes) ⚽ on 22:17 - Oct 21 by Miaow

You are able to customise the accepted 'type-ins' for answers, and I always allow for any possible shortened versions of team names, e.g. "Man United" or "Man Utd", "Palace", "Forest", "Sheff Wed", etc. For a few, I also set it to accept acronyms/initialisms, e.g. "WBA", "WHU" and "FGR" (Forest Green Rovers). Some answers will always require the full name, such as Bristol Rovers (to differentiate from Bristol City) or Port Vale.

Interesting. Cheers. I'd never have thought of typing WHU for West Ham!

QPR is a given as when spoken, people rarely say Queens Park Rangers. WBA in written form for sure but quicker to say West Brom when spoken.

Football quiz(zes) ⚽ on 00:32 - Oct 22 with 1254 viewsMedwayTractor

Got them all except Eton Park.

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

Football quiz(zes) ⚽ on 18:09 - Oct 22 with 1115 viewsMiaow

Football quiz(zes) ⚽ on 00:32 - Oct 22 by MedwayTractor

Got them all except Eton Park.

Very well done! That’s the least-guessed one of the 36 answers between the two quizzes (8%).

@ gainsboroughblue, another acronym/initialism I remembered that I make sure to set as an accepted answer is “BHA” for Brighton.

Football quiz(zes) ⚽ on 22:04 - Oct 22 with 1049 viewswoodbridge_blue

Football quiz(zes) ⚽ on 23:39 - Oct 20 by sohamblue74

Good quiz thanks. Got 14 on the first one, and a full house on the second one.

Same here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024