Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After beating Fulham tomorrow 21:49 - Oct 31 with 1814 viewsMK1

Can we have Port Vale at our place in the draw please.
After beating Fulham tomorrow on 21:55 - Oct 31 with 1778 viewsRadlett_blue

Indeed. We still owe Port Vale one for them beating us 4-2 at PR in the English semi final of the Anglo-Italian Cup in 1996. Vale did make it to the Wembley final, being thrashed 5-2 by Genoa at Wembley.in front of 12,663 fans.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

After beating Fulham tomorrow on 08:06 - Nov 1 with 1561 viewsADStephenson

If you want an easy game, surely Chelsea are the team to draw right now

www.adstephenson.com

After beating Fulham tomorrow on 08:09 - Nov 1 with 1553 viewsEssexBloo

QF is in the week before Leeds in an already crowded December. Not ideal for us.
After beating Fulham tomorrow on 08:25 - Nov 1 with 1511 viewsMach_foreignBlue

After beating Fulham tomorrow on 08:06 - Nov 1 by ADStephenson

If you want an easy game, surely Chelsea are the team to draw right now

Or Manchester Utd.
After beating Fulham tomorrow on 08:56 - Nov 1 with 1469 viewsmarvellous

After beating Fulham tomorrow on 08:09 - Nov 1 by EssexBloo

QF is in the week before Leeds in an already crowded December. Not ideal for us.

I partially agree as the number of fixtures in December will mean, in all likelihood, that we dip in to the squad to cover injuries/niggles/tiredness. But if KMc sticks with his ethos of using cup games to give the deeper squad players competitive minutes then the direct impact on the first team will be minimal. Also winning breeds confidence plus it will reinforce the confidence and momentum gained already.
After beating Fulham tomorrow on 09:23 - Nov 1 with 1421 viewsTractorCam

We owe them a hammering after they gave us some squeaky bums last season.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

After beating Fulham tomorrow on 09:40 - Nov 1 with 1392 viewsElephantintheRoom

Port Vale might have a more committed reserve and rejects team than any other club left in the ´competition’. Boro are probably the team to fear - they are playing their first team and trying to win.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

After beating Fulham tomorrow on 11:12 - Nov 1 with 1307 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

After beating Fulham tomorrow on 21:55 - Oct 31 by Radlett_blue

Indeed. We still owe Port Vale one for them beating us 4-2 at PR in the English semi final of the Anglo-Italian Cup in 1996. Vale did make it to the Wembley final, being thrashed 5-2 by Genoa at Wembley.in front of 12,663 fans.

I was young at the time and I really wanted us to win that competition and see Town at Wembley. Would have been nice to have seen Wark lift one last trophy with Town too!

Oh well...
Login to get fewer ads

After beating Fulham tomorrow on 11:41 - Nov 1 with 1268 viewsRadlett_blue

After beating Fulham tomorrow on 08:09 - Nov 1 by EssexBloo

Not really a problem while we play the fringe players & they get valuable game time. Would be a nice problem to have IF we beat Fulham, although by QF time, most of the PL clubs take the competition more seriously. And yes, we could get Port Vale & I'd back our shadow squad to beat them.

After beating Fulham tomorrow on 11:49 - Nov 1 with 1244 views_clive_baker_

Beating Fulham and getting Vale at home would be the dream. No disrespect to them of course, but that looks like the one everyone will want. I imagine us or Boro away is probably as bad a draw as they could get from their perspective.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 11:52]
After beating Fulham tomorrow on 12:00 - Nov 1 with 1212 viewstextbackup

After beating Fulham tomorrow on 21:55 - Oct 31 by Radlett_blue

So we aren’t unbeaten at home in Europe?!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

After beating Fulham tomorrow on 12:07 - Nov 1 with 1200 viewsWalkyWonderland

With the fixtures coming up in the next couple of months, I won't be disappointed with a good performance but a tight defeat tonight. Never want ITFC to lose of course but it feels like a good time to bow out.
After beating Fulham tomorrow on 12:08 - Nov 1 with 1185 viewsRadlett_blue

After beating Fulham tomorrow on 12:07 - Nov 1 by WalkyWonderland

With the fixtures coming up in the next couple of months, I won't be disappointed with a good performance but a tight defeat tonight. Never want ITFC to lose of course but it feels like a good time to bow out.

Funny, isn't it, that now we're doing well in the League, many fans are more relaxed if we put out weak teams in the cups?

After beating Fulham tomorrow on 12:20 - Nov 1 with 1141 viewsWalkyWonderland

After beating Fulham tomorrow on 12:08 - Nov 1 by Radlett_blue

Funny, isn't it, that now we're doing well in the League, many fans are more relaxed if we put out weak teams in the cups?

Agreed. If we were chugging along in mid table not pulling up any trees I would probably feel different. December looks brutal so the whole squad will be getting minutes anyway, then we have potentially players away for international tournaments and FA cup in the new year with potential replays too. Lots of important games.
McKenna said last season when Portsmouth knocked us out of the pizza cup is was a good time to go out and I suspect he would feel the same if we lose tonight.
After beating Fulham tomorrow on 12:46 - Nov 1 with 1084 viewsRadlett_blue

After beating Fulham tomorrow on 12:20 - Nov 1 by WalkyWonderland

Agreed. If we were chugging along in mid table not pulling up any trees I would probably feel different. December looks brutal so the whole squad will be getting minutes anyway, then we have potentially players away for international tournaments and FA cup in the new year with potential replays too. Lots of important games.
McKenna said last season when Portsmouth knocked us out of the pizza cup is was a good time to go out and I suspect he would feel the same if we lose tonight.

I was concerned that our FA Cup run of 5 games last season could have a detrimental effect on our no.1 aim of promotion, but it didn't turn out like that. Maybe, of course, we were just lucky not to pick up injuries in the Cup games?

After beating Fulham tomorrow on 15:09 - Nov 1 with 998 viewsSharkey

Town have had a lot of luck with the league Cup draw. Isn't it just one away game in the last 7 or even more?
After beating Fulham tomorrow on 15:40 - Nov 1 with 962 viewsTrumptonBlue

After beating Fulham tomorrow on 15:09 - Nov 1 by Sharkey

Town have had a lot of luck with the league Cup draw. Isn't it just one away game in the last 7 or even more?

1 of the last 7, yes. But 9 out of the 11 before that were away.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024