Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC news title of the day - Fewer cousins marrying in Bradford's Pakistani commu 08:07 - Nov 18 with 1828 viewsHelp

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67422918

Concerning that it is still going on.
BBC news title of the day - Fewer cousins marrying in Bradford's Pakistani commu on 08:18 - Nov 18 with 1781 viewsHatStand

A similar headline you'd expect to see in the EDP

Poll: Piers Morgan / Marmite

BBC news title of the day - Fewer cousins marrying in Bradford's Pakistani commu on 08:41 - Nov 18 with 1753 viewsMullet

It's likely the data catching up with the reality/perception too which makes it a talking point. You've now got generations who have only been to Pakistan on holiday etc. There is wider integration in communities after a a few decades and simply more people to marry in the diaspora or not. Plus greater connectivity between communities in major cities all over Britain.

Same happens in lots of other communities too from other parts of the world, but doesn't get the focus. I can think of one family in particular whose parents are cousins. Pretty much every child has some sort of serious condition more and more severe as they've gone through school

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

BBC news title of the day - Fewer cousins marrying in Bradford's Pakistani commu on 09:55 - Nov 18 with 1660 viewsSwansea_Blue

BBC news title of the day - Fewer cousins marrying in Bradford's Pakistani commu on 08:41 - Nov 18 by Mullet

It's likely the data catching up with the reality/perception too which makes it a talking point. You've now got generations who have only been to Pakistan on holiday etc. There is wider integration in communities after a a few decades and simply more people to marry in the diaspora or not. Plus greater connectivity between communities in major cities all over Britain.

Same happens in lots of other communities too from other parts of the world, but doesn't get the focus. I can think of one family in particular whose parents are cousins. Pretty much every child has some sort of serious condition more and more severe as they've gone through school

Seems very much a North Africa, through the Middle East and into the Asian subcontinent problem. (Strange how Norfolk is an outlier!)

I was going to say I’m surprised that people would choose their cousin (I certainly wouldn’t), but it’s in areas where historically they haven’t had much choice innit. All very weird.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

BBC news title of the day - Fewer cousins marrying in Bradford's Pakistani commu on 10:26 - Nov 18 with 1610 viewsArnoldMoorhen

BBC news title of the day - Fewer cousins marrying in Bradford's Pakistani commu on 08:18 - Nov 18 by HatStand

There is a phrase in the USA: "kissing cousins".

Again, something similar, but not exactly the same, in Norfolk.
BBC news title of the day - Fewer cousins marrying in Bradford's Pakistani commu on 10:55 - Nov 18 with 1562 viewsearlsgreenblue

BBC news title of the day - Fewer cousins marrying in Bradford's Pakistani commu on 08:18 - Nov 18 by HatStand

Yes but in all fairness it does save on having to buy multiple pairs of mittens!
BBC news title of the day - Fewer cousins marrying in Bradford's Pakistani commu on 12:27 - Nov 18 with 1476 viewsfactual_blue

BBC news title of the day - Fewer cousins marrying in Bradford's Pakistani commu on 09:55 - Nov 18 by Swansea_Blue

Seems very much a North Africa, through the Middle East and into the Asian subcontinent problem. (Strange how Norfolk is an outlier!)

I was going to say I’m surprised that people would choose their cousin (I certainly wouldn’t), but it’s in areas where historically they haven’t had much choice innit. All very weird.

Strictly speaking, aren't we all cousins to one degree or another?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

BBC news title of the day - Fewer cousins marrying in Bradford's Pakistani commu on 23:42 - Nov 18 with 1178 viewsBlueandTruesince82

BBC news title of the day - Fewer cousins marrying in Bradford's Pakistani commu on 10:26 - Nov 18 by ArnoldMoorhen

There is a phrase in the USA: "kissing cousins".

Again, something similar, but not exactly the same, in Norfolk.

Snogging siblings in Norfolk I believe

Or shagging sisters in Norfolkian slang

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

BBC news title of the day - Fewer cousins marrying in Bradford's Pakistani commu on 23:59 - Nov 18 with 1162 viewsjaykay

didn't most european royalty married their cousins in days gone by

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024