Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5pts from the next 3 games a decent return? 08:28 - Dec 13 with 1331 viewshype313

I'd be over the moon with 3 against the Scum and a point in equal measure against Leeds and Leicester.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

5pts from the next 3 games a decent return? on 08:31 - Dec 13 with 1298 viewsFrimleyBlue

I've given up trying to guess. When you think we might not win we do so.

It's like the back end of last season when it didn't seem plausible to keep winning but we did.

So I'm gonna say 9 as this team can achieve what ever it wants.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

5pts from the next 3 games a decent return? on 08:32 - Dec 13 with 1291 viewsjayessess

You'd definitely take that, but then I'd bitten your hand off for 3 points from the last 2 games!

Given how imperious we've been at home though, there is a greedy part of me that things we can take Leicester.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

5pts from the next 3 games a decent return? on 09:29 - Dec 13 with 1083 viewsGuthrum

I can see us wanting - and getting - revenge for August.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

5pts from the next 3 games a decent return? on 09:54 - Dec 13 with 1012 views_clive_baker_

I would take 5 as it means we haven't lost any of them. If we can win on Saturday it's huge, both because it's 3 points and of course because of the opponent.

A draw at Elland Road would be great, not only would it be an excellent result in its own right against a side with a lot of quality but it's of course a real 6 pointer and would mean the closest they could be to us at Christmas is 10 points behind (assuming we beat Norwich).
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 9:57]
5pts from the next 3 games a decent return? on 10:02 - Dec 13 with 966 viewstractorboy1978

5pts from the next 3 games a decent return? on 09:54 - Dec 13 by _clive_baker_

I would take 5 as it means we haven't lost any of them. If we can win on Saturday it's huge, both because it's 3 points and of course because of the opponent.

A draw at Elland Road would be great, not only would it be an excellent result in its own right against a side with a lot of quality but it's of course a real 6 pointer and would mean the closest they could be to us at Christmas is 10 points behind (assuming we beat Norwich).
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 9:57]

If we win early doors on Saturday we go 13 points clear of Leeds and Elland Road will be so edgy against a Coventry side that are dangerous and well capable of getting something there. And on the 23rd, Leeds are in must win territory. They might have more quality than us, but lets see if they've got the same resilience and guts when it matters - I really doubt it.
5pts from the next 3 games a decent return? on 10:10 - Dec 13 with 931 views_clive_baker_

5pts from the next 3 games a decent return? on 10:02 - Dec 13 by tractorboy1978

If we win early doors on Saturday we go 13 points clear of Leeds and Elland Road will be so edgy against a Coventry side that are dangerous and well capable of getting something there. And on the 23rd, Leeds are in must win territory. They might have more quality than us, but lets see if they've got the same resilience and guts when it matters - I really doubt it.

It's a weird one for us where a draw at Leeds is probably as valuable as a win elsewhere, if you know what I mean. I'm a bit scarred from their visit to PR where for half an hour they looked like a side in the division above, cut us open quite freely. 1 of only 2 league games this season where we've deserved to lose, and have lost.

As you say there will be a bit of pressure though, and their support can be brilliant when things are going well but a little toxic and entitled when it's not. If we can frustrate them it could be a difficult environment for them to play in.

Still, Norwich first. Lets get 3 points and worry about Leeds after. We've got a full weeks prep for it after the derby too.
5pts from the next 3 games a decent return? on 10:25 - Dec 13 with 880 viewstractorboy1978

5pts from the next 3 games a decent return? on 10:10 - Dec 13 by _clive_baker_

It's a weird one for us where a draw at Leeds is probably as valuable as a win elsewhere, if you know what I mean. I'm a bit scarred from their visit to PR where for half an hour they looked like a side in the division above, cut us open quite freely. 1 of only 2 league games this season where we've deserved to lose, and have lost.

As you say there will be a bit of pressure though, and their support can be brilliant when things are going well but a little toxic and entitled when it's not. If we can frustrate them it could be a difficult environment for them to play in.

Still, Norwich first. Lets get 3 points and worry about Leeds after. We've got a full weeks prep for it after the derby too.

Yeah, we don't need to chase anything, a point is a fantastic result for us. I don't see McKenna changing anything drastically for that game but we will want to try and make it a more controlled game than the one at PR was. We don't need it to be a basketball match.

As you say, onto Norwich first though!
5pts from the next 3 games a decent return? on 10:48 - Dec 13 with 819 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Let's win all three and go top.

Let the lucky League One team, that has been found out, on a fluke, continue to upset, enrage, and baffle the wider football fandom, who are absolutely hating us for it right now. God forbid if we are promoted and do more than just get relegated as they will hoping... haha
Login to get fewer ads

I was thinking this morning…. on 10:48 - Dec 13 with 821 viewsBloots

….would it be better for us to get 2pts from Leicester and Leeds than get 3pts?

I’ve got a stinking hangover.

In fact I might still be a bit hammered.

FFS.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I was thinking this morning…. on 10:54 - Dec 13 with 795 viewsgordon

I was thinking this morning…. on 10:48 - Dec 13 by Bloots

….would it be better for us to get 2pts from Leicester and Leeds than get 3pts?

I’ve got a stinking hangover.

In fact I might still be a bit hammered.

FFS.

If we get two draws, that's a better outcome than beat Leicester and lose to Leeds.

But lose to Leicester and beat Leeds is better.
Yeah, sounds right…. on 10:59 - Dec 13 with 763 viewsBloots

I was thinking this morning…. on 10:54 - Dec 13 by gordon

If we get two draws, that's a better outcome than beat Leicester and lose to Leeds.

But lose to Leicester and beat Leeds is better.

….I'm going back to bed.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

5pts from the next 3 games a decent return? on 11:01 - Dec 13 with 750 viewsITFC_Forever

If we win on Saturday, the Leeds away game is almost a free hit - the very worst that can happen is we are back to the 7 point gap we had at the start of play last night, and with three games less played (Watford, Norwich and Leeds).

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

5pts from the next 3 games a decent return? on 11:26 - Dec 13 with 678 viewsBigCommon

This sounds really boring, but... One game at a time...
Put everything into Saturday. 3pts would give us a very handy 9pt week. Plus we play early, so Leeds could be 13pt behind us when they kick off . Which just turns the screw a bit more on them..
But, to answer the OP. I'd take 5 points from the 3, with a win verses Nodge... But I'd prefer 6pts with a loss against either Foxes or Leeds....
I did the maths.... 6 is a greater number than 5.. Ergo, 6pts is better than 5pts, towards our season's points total.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024