Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laurie Sivell 12:00 - Dec 20 with 2794 viewsHeathlander

Watched Life's a pitch with Laurie Sivell the other day. I have to say what an absolutely hilarious and joyful chap he is. I had no idea. He never came across that way when he played for the Town, but I suppose there was barely any video coverage of players back then.

When I started going to the games at the age of 7 my Uncle made me memorise the team before he would take me. I thought he was being serious so I memorised them and can still real them off by heart.

Sivell, Burley, Mills, Talbot, Hunter, Beattie, Hamilton, Viljoen, Johnson, Whymark, Lambert Woods.

Sivell was a good keeper, incredibly brave. If you haven't watched the episode I would highly recommend it. He is such a joy to watch and very funny.

Heathy
10
Laurie Sivell on 12:09 - Dec 20 with 2717 viewsKeno

Seconded!!

Here's the link just to make it easy for people to watch


Poll: So TWTD What's The Greatest Sporting Achievement
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

1
Laurie Sivell on 13:44 - Dec 20 with 2518 viewsSeablue

Laurie Sivell on 12:09 - Dec 20 by Keno

Seconded!!

Here's the link just to make it easy for people to watch



Yes...lovely guy. Like the OP that was the first team when I started going. Sivell was a very good keeper but his height eventually countedcagainst him...though Cooper wasn't much taller...
1
Laurie Sivell on 14:10 - Dec 20 with 2447 viewsdirtyboy

Lovely bloke, great at recounting stories, bundle of energy.

Even if he's before your time, worth listening in.
0
Laurie Sivell on 18:15 - Dec 20 with 2208 viewsChurchman

I agree with that. He was the complete opposite to how I thought he’d be. I’ve no basis for that, but that’s how I felt.

Well worth a watch. Entertaining, interesting stories (especially the Robson & Lea v Carroll & Baxter scuffle) and very funny.
2
Laurie Sivell on 09:41 - Dec 21 with 1930 viewsVic

Laurie Sivell on 18:15 - Dec 20 by Churchman

I agree with that. He was the complete opposite to how I thought he’d be. I’ve no basis for that, but that’s how I felt.

Well worth a watch. Entertaining, interesting stories (especially the Robson & Lea v Carroll & Baxter scuffle) and very funny.


I’d never heard him speak before so had no idea what he’d be like. He had way more energy than I expected. Neither had I clocked that he’d been signed pre SBR which means that he was the only player to be on the books for the whole of the glory years. I bet he has a load more stories to tell. 141 appearances in 15 yrs - what a loyal player and never let us down when he called on to play. I never felt that little sinking feeling if I saw his name on the team sheet.

Poll: Will you be watching the 3rd/4th place play off game?

1
Laurie Sivell on 09:56 - Dec 21 with 1909 viewsWhos_blue

That's all well and good, but he's no Lee Bracey.

PS. I haven't watched the episode yet, but does he mention playing for the other side in Escape to victory?

"Look, I don't wanna be the same as everybody else. That's why I'm a Mod, see?"

0
Laurie Sivell on 09:59 - Dec 21 with 1891 viewsKeno

Laurie Sivell on 09:56 - Dec 21 by Whos_blue

That's all well and good, but he's no Lee Bracey.

PS. I haven't watched the episode yet, but does he mention playing for the other side in Escape to victory?


yes he does

and making an incredible save against Pele

Poll: So TWTD What's The Greatest Sporting Achievement
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

1
Laurie Sivell on 10:07 - Dec 21 with 1866 viewsWhos_blue

Laurie Sivell on 09:59 - Dec 21 by Keno

yes he does

and making an incredible save against Pele


Awesome!

Will definitely catch up with this over the festive break.

"Look, I don't wanna be the same as everybody else. That's why I'm a Mod, see?"

0
Login to get fewer ads

Laurie Sivell on 10:43 - Dec 21 with 1810 viewshoppy

Laurie Sivell on 09:59 - Dec 21 by Keno

yes he does

and making an incredible save against Pele


"and making a few incredible saves against Pele"

There you are, corrected it for you.

I haven't watched it back yet, but he was very good value for his stories.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

0
Laurie Sivell on 10:47 - Dec 21 with 1799 viewsKeno

Laurie Sivell on 10:43 - Dec 21 by hoppy

"and making a few incredible saves against Pele"

There you are, corrected it for you.

I haven't watched it back yet, but he was very good value for his stories.


Thanks Hops!

Thought I saw you in the background, wasn’t if it was you or Brad Pitt. The likeness is amazing

Poll: So TWTD What's The Greatest Sporting Achievement
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

0
Laurie Sivell on 10:57 - Dec 21 with 1780 viewshoppy

Laurie Sivell on 10:47 - Dec 21 by Keno

Thanks Hops!

Thought I saw you in the background, wasn’t if it was you or Brad Pitt. The likeness is amazing


Haha.. yes, not the most pleasant evening, being stood next to such a vile yellow and green shirt for so long...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

0
Laurie Sivell on 10:59 - Dec 21 with 1764 viewsKeno

Laurie Sivell on 10:57 - Dec 21 by hoppy

Haha.. yes, not the most pleasant evening, being stood next to such a vile yellow and green shirt for so long...


I thought you deserved a medal for that!!

Poll: So TWTD What's The Greatest Sporting Achievement
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

1
Laurie Sivell on 11:00 - Dec 21 with 1755 viewshoppy

Laurie Sivell on 10:59 - Dec 21 by Keno

I thought you deserved a medal for that!!


I'd have been happy with just a hobnob on a bit of string...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

0
Laurie Sivell on 11:19 - Dec 21 with 1718 viewsKeno

Laurie Sivell on 11:00 - Dec 21 by hoppy

I'd have been happy with just a hobnob on a bit of string...


I’m sure if you ask Phil he’d be happy to give you one

Poll: So TWTD What's The Greatest Sporting Achievement
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

0
Laurie Sivell on 12:15 - Dec 21 with 1661 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

Laurie Sivell on 11:19 - Dec 21 by Keno

I’m sure if you ask Phil he’d be happy to give you one


What about a hobnob on a bit of string as well ?
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026