Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! 14:08 - Dec 23 with 3260 viewsRegencyBlue

Too many of our players look overawed by the occasion.

McKenna is going to earn his corn picking them up from this!
Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 14:10 - Dec 23 with 3186 viewsFrimleyBlue

Best thing he can do is hold hands up and say I got it wrong.

Happens to the best of them.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 14:12 - Dec 23 with 3149 viewsChrisd

It was always going to be tough today, especially with that huge home support they have. Nevertheless, we have to hold our hands up and admit we’ve been beaten by a very good Championship side today, they are dominating us now. Both them snd Southampton are starting to click into gear, but we are still very much in the race. Interesting to see how we respond after this setback.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 14:14 - Dec 23 with 3084 viewsNthQldITFC

I don't think they've looked 'overawed', I think they've just been well beaten for the first time as a team. KMc will have them back on song and add a few gems in January. No bother.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 14:14 - Dec 23 with 3078 viewsPowrigan

Stop being negative!! it is the mighty Leeds!!
[Post edited 23 Dec 2023 14:14]
Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 14:20 - Dec 23 with 2962 viewsBigCommon

I don't think we've been overawed, mentally by the occasion . It's just that Leeds have a quality squad in all positions, and they've all played well today... We would have had to be at our very best with some luck on our side, to come away from Leeds with anything.. Just not our day...
Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 14:22 - Dec 23 with 2941 viewsRegencyBlue

Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 14:14 - Dec 23 by NthQldITFC

I don't think they've looked 'overawed', I think they've just been well beaten for the first time as a team. KMc will have them back on song and add a few gems in January. No bother.

We have undoubtedly been beaten by a better team but most of our side just never turned up which made it easy for them!
Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 14:26 - Dec 23 with 2881 viewsNthQldITFC

Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 14:22 - Dec 23 by RegencyBlue

We have undoubtedly been beaten by a better team but most of our side just never turned up which made it easy for them!

We were starting to get into it a bit just before the second goal, but never really got our attacking game going around their box. Everything worked out for them, and we didn't handled their breakaways well. Bad day at the office, but not about 'not turning up' at least not in terms of effort.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 14:29 - Dec 23 with 2837 viewsMillsey

That really was a pathetic display all round, very disappointed with the inept tackling for some of their goals.
Let’s hope for a better performance on Boxing Day
Login to get fewer ads

Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 15:07 - Dec 23 with 2662 viewsChorleyBoy

The league table shows that KMc gets it right more often than Farke despite the budget gulf that exists between us and Leeds - I don't think anyone's overawed by the occasion.
Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 15:14 - Dec 23 with 2608 viewsstrikalite

Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 15:07 - Dec 23 by ChorleyBoy

The league table shows that KMc gets it right more often than Farke despite the budget gulf that exists between us and Leeds - I don't think anyone's overawed by the occasion.

Indeed, we know how good they looked at PR, they have many top top players for this league, we have to realize that...
Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 15:23 - Dec 23 with 2543 viewsblueislander

Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 14:10 - Dec 23 by FrimleyBlue

Best thing he can do is hold hands up and say I got it wrong.

Happens to the best of them.

What did McKenna get wrong? The team were well beaten on the day.
Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 15:24 - Dec 23 with 2530 viewspointofblue

Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 15:23 - Dec 23 by blueislander

Too open from the off. All four goals basically came from breaks, with the full backs up the field. Farke told James to stay high right to exploit gaps left by Davis, and it was never rectified.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 15:27 - Dec 23 with 2499 viewsblueislander

Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 15:24 - Dec 23 by pointofblue

Too open from the off. All four goals basically came from breaks, with the full backs up the field. Farke told James to stay high right to exploit gaps left by Davis, and it was never rectified.

That is the way the team have played all season. To my mind it was the players’ poor execution rather than the tactics.
Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 15:29 - Dec 23 with 2482 viewsWickets

Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 14:20 - Dec 23 by BigCommon

I don't think we've been overawed, mentally by the occasion . It's just that Leeds have a quality squad in all positions, and they've all played well today... We would have had to be at our very best with some luck on our side, to come away from Leeds with anything.. Just not our day...

Yes depends how you look at it our players looked overawed to me as if they knew man for Man Leeds .ugh better and with the occasion as well just much to much .Best we can hope for is we can learn by it .
Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 15:29 - Dec 23 with 2476 viewsChorleyBoy

Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 15:23 - Dec 23 by blueislander

Well, whatever we got wrong, it's happened to Leeds more than to us this season - let's hope that continues for the second half of the season.
Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 15:33 - Dec 23 with 2441 viewsTonytown

Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 15:29 - Dec 23 by ChorleyBoy

Well, whatever we got wrong, it's happened to Leeds more than to us this season - let's hope that continues for the second half of the season.

Most teams away to Leeds set up with a low block and lots of bodies at the back to deny them space.

We made it easy by going to play and they carved us open.

We can play that way against many teams, but not Leeds and possibly not Leicester either
Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 15:35 - Dec 23 with 2415 viewssidmouthblue

The mental fragility was also in evidence when shooting against the scum
Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 15:36 - Dec 23 with 2407 viewsCopfordBlue

Our manager and our team have instilled a pride in our club that we’ve not had for decades. Every team has off days, nothing embarrassing about that. Losing 7-1 at Peterborough was embarrassing, losing a league game to Accrington Stanley was embarrassing, not even making the league one play offs for 3 years was embarrassing. Today was disappointing , no more and no less.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 20:46 - Dec 23 with 2132 viewsFrimleyBlue

It's a tough one.

Yes we have an identity under KM. So on one hand you applaud him for creating one and sticking with it...

But you wouldn't face man city and stick to the same style. It's the same with leeds with the squad we have.

We haven't conceded that many goals.. but most we have conceded have been down our flanks where players with speed get at us. But also leeds hurt us doing the same thing in the first game.

Leeds main strength is their ability to move down the pitch with extreme pace..

No I'm not KM. Not I'm not a manager. But I can't understand why on earth we went to leeds away and played the same way as we play our home games. Bombing forward leaving gaping gaps..

No the goals scored weren't amazing goals themselves but the lead ups to the goals ( well three of them) came from us leaving far to much of the pitch for leeds to attack.

We pretty much gifted that game to leeds. It was a very strange game from us.

No I wasn't expecting us to park the bus.. but we've had away games where we have gone. Allows the teams to control the ball but keeping them closer to their box than our own. I don't get why we didn't do that tbh.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 00:56 - Dec 24 with 1746 viewsJimmyJazz

Wasn’t expecting much from today but this is embarrassing! on 20:46 - Dec 23 by FrimleyBlue

It's a tough one.

Yes we have an identity under KM. So on one hand you applaud him for creating one and sticking with it...

But you wouldn't face man city and stick to the same style. It's the same with leeds with the squad we have.

We haven't conceded that many goals.. but most we have conceded have been down our flanks where players with speed get at us. But also leeds hurt us doing the same thing in the first game.

Leeds main strength is their ability to move down the pitch with extreme pace..

No I'm not KM. Not I'm not a manager. But I can't understand why on earth we went to leeds away and played the same way as we play our home games. Bombing forward leaving gaping gaps..

No the goals scored weren't amazing goals themselves but the lead ups to the goals ( well three of them) came from us leaving far to much of the pitch for leeds to attack.

We pretty much gifted that game to leeds. It was a very strange game from us.

No I wasn't expecting us to park the bus.. but we've had away games where we have gone. Allows the teams to control the ball but keeping them closer to their box than our own. I don't get why we didn't do that tbh.

Easy to say with hindsight, but Williams at LB instead of Davis would have been much better today

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024