Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incredibly harsh criticism from Mick Mills on BBC Suffolk 22:26 - Dec 29 with 5089 viewsGlasgowBlue

Said that if you are going to make changes then it should only be two or three.

Six changes from our last game.

Davis - Injured
Clarke - Managing an injury. three games in six days.
Morsy - Banned
Taylor - Made way for Luongo, who is a normal starter
Burns - Ill
Hirst - Injured

Plus very little bench options as they were either on the pitch or on the abve list of missing players.

Frustrating result on the back of a winless run but still in our hands. Leeds lost again and Saints still to play us and will have a wobble at some point.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Incredibly harsh criticism from Mick Mills on BBC Suffolk on 14:54 - Dec 30 with 502 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Incredibly harsh criticism from Mick Mills on BBC Suffolk on 14:38 - Dec 30 by Vic

Agreed, and said the same on here last night. Thing was, he didn’t just say it once but several times during the game and afterwards. It was odd.

That said, I think he’s a really helpful summeriser - very good at explaining passages of play, formations, etc, while not afraid to critique things when necessary.

Truth is he has some great insight but also speaks as if he was able to manage which he clearly never was. The correct analysis should have been to say that with so many changes it was always likely to be a disjointed performance but not to state or imply that there was any other choice than to make those changes.

It does annoy me when failed ex-managers criticise current ones (especially successful current ones). However, I forgive Mick Mills for all the reasons given and the fact that he does also have some good insight.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Incredibly harsh criticism from Mick Mills on BBC Suffolk on 15:04 - Dec 30 with 479 viewsUSA

Incredibly harsh criticism from Mick Mills on BBC Suffolk on 22:28 - Dec 29 by NeedhamChris

Proving it's possible to be both a club legend and a terrible pundit.

Agreed. Monotone and clueless.
Incredibly harsh criticism from Mick Mills on BBC Suffolk on 15:13 - Dec 30 with 469 viewsCount_Arthur

I'm sorry, I am with the others on here who dare to criticise MM.

Great player, no doubting that, and he knows the game but Christ on a bike, he doesn't half waffle on! I wish the post match had more messages and calls from fans and not the ramblings of someone who played before many parents of the kids who now attend Portman Road weren't born!
And yes, I watched him play in the glory days, before you ask.

Pundits from the Burley promotion era are now no spring chickens, so I fear MM's ramblings are getting closer and closer to hearing your granddad's war stories!

If you want a New Years Eve drinking game, relisten to any MM post match analysis and take a shot every time he says "you know" (you will be flat on your back in a coma by the time Jules Holland comes on)
Incredibly harsh criticism from Mick Mills on BBC Suffolk on 16:25 - Dec 30 with 416 viewsHullblue

Incredibly harsh criticism from Mick Mills on BBC Suffolk on 15:13 - Dec 30 by Count_Arthur

I'm sorry, I am with the others on here who dare to criticise MM.

Great player, no doubting that, and he knows the game but Christ on a bike, he doesn't half waffle on! I wish the post match had more messages and calls from fans and not the ramblings of someone who played before many parents of the kids who now attend Portman Road weren't born!
And yes, I watched him play in the glory days, before you ask.

Pundits from the Burley promotion era are now no spring chickens, so I fear MM's ramblings are getting closer and closer to hearing your granddad's war stories!

If you want a New Years Eve drinking game, relisten to any MM post match analysis and take a shot every time he says "you know" (you will be flat on your back in a coma by the time Jules Holland comes on)

I fast forward through the fans’ stuff to listen to MM! I don’t mind him taking for a long time when most sentences are insightful.

The fans’ calls and texts on the other hand, tend to be devoid of anything interesting for me. You know exactly what they’re going to say before they’re even read out!

Each to their own, I guess.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Incredibly harsh criticism from Mick Mills on BBC Suffolk on 18:35 - Dec 30 with 340 viewsNorthLondonBlue2

Yes, but has anyone ever seen Mick Mills and Eeyore in the same room?

Just saying …
Incredibly harsh criticism from Mick Mills on BBC Suffolk on 18:49 - Dec 30 with 327 viewsibbleobble

Why will Southampton have a wobble at some point? They look pretty relentless at the moment.
Incredibly harsh criticism from Mick Mills on BBC Suffolk on 19:17 - Dec 30 with 308 viewsHalifaxBlue

Incredibly harsh criticism from Mick Mills on BBC Suffolk on 00:03 - Dec 30 by NeedhamChris

If he was any other pundit without his history he would be long gone.

The anecdotes are nice, but the punditry is not. We were lucky to have him as a player, and unfortunate to have to put up with him as a pundit.

Would much rather listen to Ian Westlake

I love Mick and I miss listening to him. But Westlake is a class apart and easily the best we've had, BBC or TownTV. I could see him ending up doing national broadcasts. Insight and humour. Brilliant for radio, if only Wheeler was anywhere near Brenner (not saying he's bad!)

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024