Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best home game of 2023 09:06 - Dec 31 with 1037 viewsPioneerBlue

There are so many to choose from.

Plymouth seemed like a turning point having come out of sticky December to then begin putting down performances against the form teams. Charlton 6:0 was fun, Port Vale 2:1 was important but Exeter was mad. This season, Nodge was bouncing before but not the result, whereas Blackburn and Hull for coming though the challenges, and Cov for that goal.

I’m still on Exeter for the all round experience.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Best home game of 2023 on 09:10 - Dec 31 with 1009 viewsHerbivore

Exeter was just a 90 minute party and first half we were superb. Has to be that one really for me. In terms of pure performance, I'd say the Hull game. They went into it 8 unbeaten and looking nailed on to challenge for the top 6 as a minimum, loads of quality in their side. We completely nullified them and took them apart. That first half was a completely different level.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Best home game of 2023 on 09:20 - Dec 31 with 959 viewsCopfordBlue

It’s been a great year at Portman Road, certainly the most entertaining since I was a child in the glory years, maybe ever.

Looking back now I’d say Sheffield Wednesday. Their fans were celebrating after half an hour as if they had confirmed promotion. At that point 90% of the supporters in the ground thought we were done. The great goal before half time and the second half performance were the springboard for the 10 months we’ve had since. Without that comeback we’d still be in league one.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 9:21]

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

Best home game of 2023 on 09:40 - Dec 31 with 884 viewsGarv

Best home game of 2023 on 09:10 - Dec 31 by Herbivore

Exeter was just a 90 minute party and first half we were superb. Has to be that one really for me. In terms of pure performance, I'd say the Hull game. They went into it 8 unbeaten and looking nailed on to challenge for the top 6 as a minimum, loads of quality in their side. We completely nullified them and took them apart. That first half was a completely different level.

And they're now in the top six.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Got to be Hull for me on 09:47 - Dec 31 with 857 viewsDyland

We were ridiculously good in that first half.

Even though we beat Argyle, that game kind of burst my blue tinged bubble. Not in a bad way, just the way it was. And therefore...

... honourable mentions to Millwall and Cov the former who we schooled and the latter for that absurd goal.

Having to go for this season and ignoring Exexter etc. cos, well, you know.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Best home game of 2023 on 10:54 - Dec 31 with 756 viewsChurchman

Too many to choose from. So I’ll choose a non obvious one. Stoke first home game.

We went into that not quite knowing how well we’d do. Plenty said ‘big step up’, ‘not enough signings’, ‘not good enough for the Championship’, ‘need Walton back’, this player or that was L1 standard etc.

Warm sunny day, the whole crowd patient and supportive and we were the better team throughout. We weren’t particularly spectacular. Just good and it told me we’d be ok. Probably more than ok. I went home thinking all things were possible.

Unlike the entitled toys out of the pram brigade (the same heroes hurling abuse at FL), I wasn’t expecting 46 straight wins - just hoped that we’d be competitive and in the first season back, finish in the top half maybe with a little push to the playoffs Sunderland style.

The Stoke game gave me realistic expectation in addition to hope.
Best home game of 2023 on 12:09 - Dec 31 with 674 viewsFtnfwest

Best home game of 2023 on 10:54 - Dec 31 by Churchman

Too many to choose from. So I’ll choose a non obvious one. Stoke first home game.

We went into that not quite knowing how well we’d do. Plenty said ‘big step up’, ‘not enough signings’, ‘not good enough for the Championship’, ‘need Walton back’, this player or that was L1 standard etc.

Warm sunny day, the whole crowd patient and supportive and we were the better team throughout. We weren’t particularly spectacular. Just good and it told me we’d be ok. Probably more than ok. I went home thinking all things were possible.

Unlike the entitled toys out of the pram brigade (the same heroes hurling abuse at FL), I wasn’t expecting 46 straight wins - just hoped that we’d be competitive and in the first season back, finish in the top half maybe with a little push to the playoffs Sunderland style.

The Stoke game gave me realistic expectation in addition to hope.

And they were very good as well. Was talking to a stoke fan a while ago about this as ar the time, once they ‘gelled’ (hate that word) they looked like they really kick on
Best home game of 2023 on 12:11 - Dec 31 with 650 viewsHerbivore

Best home game of 2023 on 12:09 - Dec 31 by Ftnfwest

And they were very good as well. Was talking to a stoke fan a while ago about this as ar the time, once they ‘gelled’ (hate that word) they looked like they really kick on

Although they haven't really kicked on as yet. Hopefully they won't kick on for another week or so at least.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Best home game of 2023 on 12:15 - Dec 31 with 637 viewsITFCSG

Atmosphere - Exeter where promotion was confirmed and the six goals
scored

Quality - Hull, best I have seen the team play for a very, very long time
Login to get fewer ads

Best home game of 2023 on 12:45 - Dec 31 with 592 viewsMatt_Netherlands

As a rogue choice I might go for the 6-0 pumping we have Charlton. That was the game for me when I started the believe our great run would see us over the line.
Best home game of 2023 on 13:46 - Dec 31 with 550 viewsChurchman

Best home game of 2023 on 12:45 - Dec 31 by Matt_Netherlands

As a rogue choice I might go for the 6-0 pumping we have Charlton. That was the game for me when I started the believe our great run would see us over the line.

They were kind of owed one too after the 4-4 chaos and the laughter at our expense in the game after Cook was sacked.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024