Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Action - are you ready? 09:53 - Jan 17 with 2440 viewsNeedhamChris

Just wondered if you've all decided to attack an area of the SBRL for Maidstone and show us what difference that would make?

As there's no holding of season ticket seats, it's fair game! I'll be choosing somewhere random.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Blue Action - are you ready? on 09:57 - Jan 17 with 2382 viewsSitfcB

Blue Action have already been allocated some tickets in section 5 apparently, which is fair enough I think.
[Post edited 17 Jan 10:00]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Blue Action - are you ready? on 10:06 - Jan 17 with 2261 viewsBrads

Blue Action - are you ready? on 09:57 - Jan 17 by SitfcB

Blue Action have already been allocated some tickets in section 5 apparently, which is fair enough I think.

I heard that but was told it’s not the case.
Blue Action - are you ready? on 10:06 - Jan 17 with 2257 viewsNeedhamChris

Ah fair dos, yeah can't argue with that.

Blue Action - are you ready? on 10:07 - Jan 17 with 2251 viewstownblue

Doesn't look like any blocked out
Blue Action - are you ready? on 10:07 - Jan 17 with 2236 viewsNeedhamChris

Blue Action - are you ready? on 10:07 - Jan 17 by townblue

Doesn't look like any blocked out

Ah - in which case...

Blue Action - are you ready?

Blue Action - are you ready? on 10:08 - Jan 17 with 2231 viewsLuk38644

I would guess that's not true - just been on to get my seat in S5 bang in the middle and there are loads of seats available in S5, they're not blocked out so would assume BA have been told to go for tickets just like everyone else.

It certainly would be unfair if BA were given priority over tickets in a high demand area just because they're part of a group who feel entitled to pick where they go. I think the way they've done it is completely fair.
Blue Action - are you ready? on 10:11 - Jan 17 with 2167 viewsSitfcB

Blue Action - are you ready? on 10:06 - Jan 17 by NeedhamChris

Ah fair dos, yeah can't argue with that.

As been said just had a look myself and all seats are available, more #DuffInfo.

COYB

Blue Action - are you ready? on 10:14 - Jan 17 with 2119 viewsNeedhamChris

Blue Action - are you ready? on 10:08 - Jan 17 by Luk38644

I would guess that's not true - just been on to get my seat in S5 bang in the middle and there are loads of seats available in S5, they're not blocked out so would assume BA have been told to go for tickets just like everyone else.

It certainly would be unfair if BA were given priority over tickets in a high demand area just because they're part of a group who feel entitled to pick where they go. I think the way they've done it is completely fair.

I'm not a Blue Action member and unlikely I ever would be - but it's that closed minded view that will limit the club making changes that are ultimately for the greater good of the atmosphere.

Login to get fewer ads

Blue Action - are you ready? on 10:28 - Jan 17 with 1973 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Blue Action - are you ready? on 10:08 - Jan 17 by Luk38644

Blimey, not seen you on here for a long time Luke!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Blue Action - are you ready? on 11:35 - Jan 17 with 1761 viewsLuk38644

Blue Action - are you ready? on 10:28 - Jan 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

Blimey, not seen you on here for a long time Luke!

Been a while mate, I'm more of a silent viewer these days - I post my fair share on Twitter but do still dip in and out of here just to read what people are saying!
Blue Action - are you ready? on 11:37 - Jan 17 with 1744 viewsLuk38644

Blue Action - are you ready? on 10:14 - Jan 17 by NeedhamChris

I'm not a Blue Action member and unlikely I ever would be - but it's that closed minded view that will limit the club making changes that are ultimately for the greater good of the atmosphere.

In what way is that close minded? I agree that S5 is the best place for BA because it's central to the main singing section, but why should people already in S5 move to accommodate them, when alot of those people sing already? What makes BA more important or better singers than those in the North Lower already?

The reality is, they never should have moved from S6 and them getting back in the NL is very slim.
Blue Action - are you ready? on 11:41 - Jan 17 with 1693 viewsReuser_is_God

No, incorrect.

There was some stuff on Twitter about it yesterday but no idea where that came from. Presumably people in the SBRL who have this weird obsession with BA at the moment.

No BA collective presence at Maidstone, just doing our own individual thing really as Maidstone have upper tier Cobbold.
[Post edited 17 Jan 11:48]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Blue Action - are you ready? on 11:42 - Jan 17 with 1656 viewsYallop2

Hopefully they don't bring the drum.
Blue Action - are you ready? on 11:57 - Jan 17 with 1543 viewsReuser_is_God

Blue Action - are you ready? on 11:37 - Jan 17 by Luk38644

In what way is that close minded? I agree that S5 is the best place for BA because it's central to the main singing section, but why should people already in S5 move to accommodate them, when alot of those people sing already? What makes BA more important or better singers than those in the North Lower already?

The reality is, they never should have moved from S6 and them getting back in the NL is very slim.

Where we were in the NL was awful right at the front of S6. It just wasn’t working.

We wanted to move to 5, done the survey which concluded that S5 would’ve been the best location for us however those already there didn’t want to move to accommodate which is completely understandable.

Therefore we chose A Block which has been a success from a BA point of view,(we are so much louder there than we were in S6). If you can’t hear us in S5 we can’t do anything about that.

No doubt there are singers in S5 but there are so many that just stand their arms folded, we know because we spent the last 2/3 years trying to get them to join in.

There is clearly a disconnect between the 2 sections now but we can’t do much else other than what we are already doing.
[Post edited 17 Jan 11:59]

Evans out

Blue Action - are you ready? on 12:13 - Jan 17 with 1395 viewsLuk38644

Blue Action - are you ready? on 11:57 - Jan 17 by Reuser_is_God

Where we were in the NL was awful right at the front of S6. It just wasn’t working.

We wanted to move to 5, done the survey which concluded that S5 would’ve been the best location for us however those already there didn’t want to move to accommodate which is completely understandable.

Therefore we chose A Block which has been a success from a BA point of view,(we are so much louder there than we were in S6). If you can’t hear us in S5 we can’t do anything about that.

No doubt there are singers in S5 but there are so many that just stand their arms folded, we know because we spent the last 2/3 years trying to get them to join in.

There is clearly a disconnect between the 2 sections now but we can’t do much else other than what we are already doing.

Fully accept all of that and have absolutely no issue with BA (I actually massively support what they’re trying to achieve) other than a few popping up on Twitter taking swipes at NSL which is massively counterproductive and, like you say, creates a divide whereas both sections should be bouncing off each other and spreading the noise.

It’s difficult because S5 would be ideal but like you say, people can’t be expected to move to accommodate BA unfortunately – it’s just not fair and any suggestion of it should be shot down. Fully accept the point about some stand there with their arms folded – I personally try to join in with as much and as many songs as possible as do quite a few others around me, but there are also some that just stand, arms folded, and don’t get involved at all. That said, they have a right to be there as much as me.

Seems like the most sensible and best solution is to get NSL and BA as one, however it seems to be the hardest possible outcome to achieve which is why it’s a shame they’ve moved to Block A, but also can see why that move had to happen for the good of BA.
Blue Action - are you ready? on 12:20 - Jan 17 with 1342 viewsReuser_is_God

Blue Action - are you ready? on 12:13 - Jan 17 by Luk38644

Fully accept all of that and have absolutely no issue with BA (I actually massively support what they’re trying to achieve) other than a few popping up on Twitter taking swipes at NSL which is massively counterproductive and, like you say, creates a divide whereas both sections should be bouncing off each other and spreading the noise.

It’s difficult because S5 would be ideal but like you say, people can’t be expected to move to accommodate BA unfortunately – it’s just not fair and any suggestion of it should be shot down. Fully accept the point about some stand there with their arms folded – I personally try to join in with as much and as many songs as possible as do quite a few others around me, but there are also some that just stand, arms folded, and don’t get involved at all. That said, they have a right to be there as much as me.

Seems like the most sensible and best solution is to get NSL and BA as one, however it seems to be the hardest possible outcome to achieve which is why it’s a shame they’ve moved to Block A, but also can see why that move had to happen for the good of BA.

The Twitter stuff is annoying. There are also SBRL folk taking sly digs at BA on there & it’s becoming tiresome. Actually nice to have a proper discussion about it on here instead.

What I would say to anyone in the SBRL who thinks A Block is sh1t or whatever is come stand up there for a game. It’s like a very good away end in terms of the atmosphere but for that noise to travel it has become apparent we need S6 & the Cobbold side of S5 to get involved too but that just doesn’t seem to be happening.

We need the Cobbold redevelopment to maybe fill in the corner & have a curve (moving the club shop) but that’s years down the line.
[Post edited 17 Jan 12:25]

Evans out

Blue Action - are you ready? on 12:22 - Jan 17 with 1313 viewsSitfcB

Blue Action - are you ready? on 11:41 - Jan 17 by Reuser_is_God

No, incorrect.

There was some stuff on Twitter about it yesterday but no idea where that came from. Presumably people in the SBRL who have this weird obsession with BA at the moment.

No BA collective presence at Maidstone, just doing our own individual thing really as Maidstone have upper tier Cobbold.
[Post edited 17 Jan 11:48]

Yeah fair enough.

COYB

Blue Action - are you ready? on 12:24 - Jan 17 with 1301 viewstownblue

Blue Action - are you ready? on 11:57 - Jan 17 by Reuser_is_God

I think sticking with some of the simpler songs or fewer different ones would help. I get we are trying to be more original but feels like they change every week. I'm a singer most of the time but I don't really keep up with the latest chants and they are often not easy to follow as a more casual supporter sitting in a different stand. I'd happily just have everyone shouting 'blue army' if it means more people are able to join in.

When a song does start in the NSL, 90% of the time it doesn't get picked up by BA and they do their own thing. I assume they probably can't hear over their own singing but just means we are singing over eachother rather than together.
Blue Action - are you ready? on 12:29 - Jan 17 with 1237 viewsSitfcB

Blue Action - are you ready? on 12:20 - Jan 17 by Reuser_is_God

The Twitter stuff is annoying. There are also SBRL folk taking sly digs at BA on there & it’s becoming tiresome. Actually nice to have a proper discussion about it on here instead.

What I would say to anyone in the SBRL who thinks A Block is sh1t or whatever is come stand up there for a game. It’s like a very good away end in terms of the atmosphere but for that noise to travel it has become apparent we need S6 & the Cobbold side of S5 to get involved too but that just doesn’t seem to be happening.

We need the Cobbold redevelopment to maybe fill in the corner & have a curve (moving the club shop) but that’s years down the line.
[Post edited 17 Jan 12:25]

Would be nice if everyone just got on and tried to generate an atmosphere together

But it’s always been like that, even with the old ‘Section 6’ 15 odd years ago.

There’s so many people in SBRL that don’t contribute to the atmosphere and don’t make any attempt too, I stood down there for 10 years up until this season, right on the back row of section 5 and we’d sing a lot, about 10 of us, a couple of songs would catch on but not many.

We got told to shut up once by an old couple when we were singing allez allez allez oh for ages because it was an ‘annoying song’. Fun times.

Does make some laugh when people in SBRL now say they can hear block A, but from where I am in block 1 that’s all I can hear, plus the away fans a lot more than previously.

COYB

Blue Action - are you ready? on 12:30 - Jan 17 with 1225 viewsReuser_is_God

Blue Action - are you ready? on 12:24 - Jan 17 by townblue

I think sticking with some of the simpler songs or fewer different ones would help. I get we are trying to be more original but feels like they change every week. I'm a singer most of the time but I don't really keep up with the latest chants and they are often not easy to follow as a more casual supporter sitting in a different stand. I'd happily just have everyone shouting 'blue army' if it means more people are able to join in.

When a song does start in the NSL, 90% of the time it doesn't get picked up by BA and they do their own thing. I assume they probably can't hear over their own singing but just means we are singing over eachother rather than together.

Yeah I think you’re right on both points.

We have made an effort to try & sing some of the more well known songs. Hark now hear, oh when the town etc all got an airing against Sunderland.

On the second point when we do hear a song from the SBRL we do stop what we are singing & join in with them. This only happens once or twice per game though unfortunately. The Cobbold side of the SBRL isn’t as vocal as the other side though & I think this is where the disconnect comes from.

We want to be in unison with the SBRL but for various reasons this isn’t happening right now but we’ll carry on, hopefully one day we’ll get there.

Evans out

Blue Action - are you ready? on 12:39 - Jan 17 with 1155 viewsTractorCam

Blue Action - are you ready? on 12:30 - Jan 17 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah I think you’re right on both points.

We have made an effort to try & sing some of the more well known songs. Hark now hear, oh when the town etc all got an airing against Sunderland.

On the second point when we do hear a song from the SBRL we do stop what we are singing & join in with them. This only happens once or twice per game though unfortunately. The Cobbold side of the SBRL isn’t as vocal as the other side though & I think this is where the disconnect comes from.

We want to be in unison with the SBRL but for various reasons this isn’t happening right now but we’ll carry on, hopefully one day we’ll get there.

I remain in section 6, and ironically the times PR is loudest is when my area has started a chant, as it will spread in both directions at the same time, meaning everyone is singing together. When BA or s4 start a chant, it will echo around through us to the other side. On other occasions, both sides are singing different songs and it's impossible to join with one.

From my seat, I typically hear more chants from s4, there is noise from BA, but the drum will drown out some of the songs.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024