Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many signings required 10:44 - Jan 20 with 873 viewscressi

For me still need 4 signings with 2 striker's as a minimum I don't see Williams coming back as never smoke without fire. Interesting to hear other views.
How many signings required on 10:47 - Jan 20 with 833 viewsMK1

1. A striker like Sam Gallagher or Kieffer Moore.
How many signings required on 10:50 - Jan 20 with 808 viewsFrimleyBlue

Lead striker
Young striker
Covering fullback if williams does go

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

How many signings required on 10:56 - Jan 20 with 787 viewsBlueBadger

One, may be two players to compete for the 'Hirst role'.

That's it.
[Post edited 20 Jan 12:20]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How many signings required on 11:09 - Jan 20 with 735 viewsjayessess

Depends what you mean by "need" really.

We're in a 3-horse race for 2nd place with two teams whose resources wildly out-strip our own. We may or may not be up to the wire in terms of FFP.

That might mean putting resources somewhere leaves us short elsewhere. It might also mean we're better off prioritising first eleven quality over depth and then crossing our fingers that we keep people fit.

I think it's obvious that a striker with Hirst-like attributes is absolutely crucial to our patterns of play in and out of possession. That getting one of maximum quality is absolute priority number one.

If that means emptying the piggy bank on that guy and making do with Tuanzebe/Donacien/Travis as our reserve options at Right Back, Clarke/Humphreys as reserve option at Left Back, Jackson/Broadhead/Harness/Buabo as understudy to the mainstriker, personally I'd do that.

If we could do all four of those thing in the remaining time in the window, fabulous. But I don't think you can always plan for every eventuality in our situation and sometimes by trying to, you can hurt yourself. No point raising your squad's "floor" if by doing so it means your "ceiling" isn't high enough to take you where you want to go.
[Post edited 20 Jan 11:14]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

How many signings required on 11:12 - Jan 20 with 716 viewsHerbivore

Four signings would mean we've brought in six players this window, which is pretty significant squad churn for a side who have had a great start to the season. For me we ideally need two forwards, but one wouldn't be a disaster. Any other signings only needed if we lose a player.

Poll: Latest TWTD opinion poll - who are you voting for?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024