Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We didn't actually do an awful lot wrong today. 17:20 - Jan 27 with 1278 viewsTheBoyBlue

Defended solidly enough apart from their 2 chances (which is all they got) and created so many chances.

But it really highlights how much we need a more clinical finisher. Fingers crossed one will be incoming soon.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

We didn't actually do an awful lot wrong today. on 17:26 - Jan 27 with 1226 viewsbadadski

Well apart from forgetting technique in how to shoot and not lean back , using ones opposite foot, not panic in dangerous positions, play the simple ball, not closing your eyes before heading the ball, not trying to kick the stuffing and leather out off the ball when a simple placement is needed. Apart from yeah I would concur.
We didn't actually do an awful lot wrong today. on 17:34 - Jan 27 with 1182 viewsBluecasp

How can you say we defended solidly when we conceded 2 goals from.2 chances. Baffling statement.
We didn't actually do an awful lot wrong today. on 17:44 - Jan 27 with 1120 viewsWickets

We didn't actually do an awful lot wrong today. on 17:34 - Jan 27 by Bluecasp

How can you say we defended solidly when we conceded 2 goals from.2 chances. Baffling statement.

For me we lost because after a good start we forgot how we play . We have won games by pass and move by movement off the ball today after the first 20 minutes we forgot that and several players thought they could do it themselves sort of it's only a national league side I can beat them on my own . Add to that many missed chances and a couple of decisions not going our way and we have a very embarrassing day . Let's hope we can use it to get promoted.
We didn't actually do an awful lot wrong today. on 17:46 - Jan 27 with 1105 viewsVaughan8

Yeah really weird.

We defending well except the two goals.....because they barely attacked.

To let in 1 was embarrassing anyway. 2 is beyond that.

I was still convinced at 80 mins we were at least gonna get a draw to save a bit of embarrassment.....
We didn't actually do an awful lot wrong today. on 17:54 - Jan 27 with 1058 viewsTheBoyBlue

I know sounds a silly statement, but they got nowhere near our goal apart from those two goals. Defending wasn't our problem today, it was up front.

We didn't actually do an awful lot wrong today. on 17:56 - Jan 27 with 1039 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The football IQ is getting lower around here. The two shots they had were considered big chances on the XG stats and they scored 100% of their efforts. Conceding two big chances for a team that had 22% possession is not defending solidly.

Put simply we had no defending to really do but still got caught twice against non league opposition at home.

Not good.
We didn't actually do an awful lot wrong today. on 18:01 - Jan 27 with 989 viewsTheBoyBlue

We didn't actually do an awful lot wrong today. on 17:56 - Jan 27 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The football IQ is getting lower around here. The two shots they had were considered big chances on the XG stats and they scored 100% of their efforts. Conceding two big chances for a team that had 22% possession is not defending solidly.

Put simply we had no defending to really do but still got caught twice against non league opposition at home.

Not good.

No need to resort to that. We did what we had to do at the back for 98% of the game. No goal is good for a defence to concede, but my main point was to say that defence wasn't our issue today.

We didn't actually do an awful lot wrong today. on 18:09 - Jan 27 with 949 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

We didn't actually do an awful lot wrong today. on 18:01 - Jan 27 by TheBoyBlue

No need to resort to that. We did what we had to do at the back for 98% of the game. No goal is good for a defence to concede, but my main point was to say that defence wasn't our issue today.

You’re missing the point we didn’t have anything to do at the back for 98% of the game.
Login to get fewer ads

We didn't actually do an awful lot wrong today. on 18:16 - Jan 27 with 892 viewsTheBoyBlue

We didn't actually do an awful lot wrong today. on 18:09 - Jan 27 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You’re missing the point we didn’t have anything to do at the back for 98% of the game.

Because we defended as a team. Defending isn't just done in your own penalty area.

We didn't actually do an awful lot wrong today. on 18:18 - Jan 27 with 876 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

We didn't actually do an awful lot wrong today. on 18:16 - Jan 27 by TheBoyBlue

Because we defended as a team. Defending isn't just done in your own penalty area.

It’s ok to admit when you’re wrong.
We didn't actually do an awful lot wrong today. on 18:21 - Jan 27 with 854 viewsTheBoyBlue

We didn't actually do an awful lot wrong today. on 18:18 - Jan 27 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It’s ok to admit when you’re wrong.

I don't particularly feel I am. I thought as a team that we nullified them for the vast majority of the time. As we should have done of course. I don't think we did an awful lot wrong.

We didn't actually do an awful lot wrong today. on 18:21 - Jan 27 with 855 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

That played out a lot like some of our league one games earlier in the season (0-1 Lincoln comes to mind). Basically camped out in the opposition half trying to find and opening and then being hit with a sucker punch. It’s very hard to break down an opponent who has every man behind the ball and about 8 men in the box blocking every shot.

I just hope this doesn’t become a blueprint for Championship teams visiting Portman Rd this season. So far most teams have attempted to play us which has been to our benefit, but that could change…
We didn't actually do an awful lot wrong today. on 18:53 - Jan 27 with 749 viewsITFCson

I think maybe the OP means we defended as a team reasonably well to restrict the opposition to such a tiny amount of possession in dangerous areas. Obviously the 2 chances we did concede we didn’t defend very well.
We didn't actually do an awful lot wrong today. on 18:57 - Jan 27 with 714 viewsMetal_Hacker

Apart from conceding two and scoring one you mean

Hopefully this is a blessing ….thats about as positive as I can be

Poll: If it were one or the other

We didn't actually do an awful lot wrong today. on 19:03 - Jan 27 with 668 viewspointofblue

We didn't actually do an awful lot wrong today. on 18:53 - Jan 27 by ITFCson

I think maybe the OP means we defended as a team reasonably well to restrict the opposition to such a tiny amount of possession in dangerous areas. Obviously the 2 chances we did concede we didn’t defend very well.

We were playing a tier six team. Restricting them in chances isn't such a great thing as some are making out.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024