Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Second Coming of Keiffer 00:24 - Feb 4 with 1749 viewsPendejo

I don't think I saw his first incarnation, I seem to recall Bambi on ice as a phrase or baby giraffe or whatever it wasn't complimentary.

Today I saw an experienced striker who looks like he could really make a difference for us...

Who were those imposters in orange shirts who were on the pitch in the first half?
Unrecognizable to team in 2nd.

600 odd miles driven,left home 05:30, home 00:00.
Nice visit to Chorley FC on way up.

Football eh?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

The Second Coming of Keiffer on 07:35 - Feb 4 with 1568 viewsBlueOura

He didn't look great during his first spell but to be fair he never really got a chance. No starts and only getting 10 minutes or so at the end of games, this was also during a time when we played sh1te football and basically kept lumping it forward expecting him to win every header and perform miracles with zero service.

No doubt he is a better all round player now though.
The Second Coming of Keiffer on 08:48 - Feb 4 with 1499 viewsChrisd

I’ll hold my hands up and admit that I never saw Moore developing into the striker he is now based on his first period with us. I’m sure on Fantasy Football they said he was a lifeguard in 2016, however I hope he continues from where he started yesterday at Preston. He’ll give us something different and where we get ourselves in trouble occasionally playing out from the back we can knock it long to get us higher up the pitch and quicker. We can mix it up a little more, which is no bad thing.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The Second Coming of Keiffer on 11:36 - Feb 4 with 1395 viewsnorfsufblue

The Second Coming of Keiffer on 08:48 - Feb 4 by Chrisd

I’ll hold my hands up and admit that I never saw Moore developing into the striker he is now based on his first period with us. I’m sure on Fantasy Football they said he was a lifeguard in 2016, however I hope he continues from where he started yesterday at Preston. He’ll give us something different and where we get ourselves in trouble occasionally playing out from the back we can knock it long to get us higher up the pitch and quicker. We can mix it up a little more, which is no bad thing.

Exactly.... for the mess of the 3rd just before half time our keep can lump it up to the centre circle with a good chance it will at least be contested for and stick... it means we don't have to risk the really tight ones but earlier in the season we have to be fair turned one or two into great team goals.... all things considered its an additional string to our bow
The Second Coming of Keiffer on 11:52 - Feb 4 with 1373 viewstractorshark

I consider myself a reasonable judge of a player but admit I got it massively wrong with Moore.

I saw him play against us for Yeovil when he came on as a sub and hit the bar. But all I saw was a big lad with limited ability.

When he signed for us, nothing really changed my mind. He just look uncoordinated and a stereotypical Plan B when you’re losing with 20 mins to go.

But how wrong was I. Fair play to Kieffer, he’s clearly developed his game, learnt from the right coaches and looks a very good player.

You don’t play in World Cups or the Premier League without having something special.

He is exactly what we needed after the injury to Hirst and he could play a pivotal role between now and the end of the season.
The Second Coming of Keiffer on 12:04 - Feb 4 with 1343 viewsEdwardStone

The Second Coming of Keiffer on 11:52 - Feb 4 by tractorshark

I consider myself a reasonable judge of a player but admit I got it massively wrong with Moore.

I saw him play against us for Yeovil when he came on as a sub and hit the bar. But all I saw was a big lad with limited ability.

When he signed for us, nothing really changed my mind. He just look uncoordinated and a stereotypical Plan B when you’re losing with 20 mins to go.

But how wrong was I. Fair play to Kieffer, he’s clearly developed his game, learnt from the right coaches and looks a very good player.

You don’t play in World Cups or the Premier League without having something special.

He is exactly what we needed after the injury to Hirst and he could play a pivotal role between now and the end of the season.

I am a hopeless judge of players and I can't believe how Moore has transformed.

We picked him up from FGR as he was deemed not good enough there

He was swiftly moved on as being not good enough for us

Now he is an all conquering hero, prem playing, World Cup class player who will save our season

What happened?
The Second Coming of Keiffer on 12:08 - Feb 4 with 1327 viewsMedblue

The Second Coming of Keiffer on 12:04 - Feb 4 by EdwardStone

I am a hopeless judge of players and I can't believe how Moore has transformed.

We picked him up from FGR as he was deemed not good enough there

He was swiftly moved on as being not good enough for us

Now he is an all conquering hero, prem playing, World Cup class player who will save our season

What happened?

A good work ethic, a lot of practice and desire most likely. He’s a positive example for any aspiring footballer.
The Second Coming of Keiffer on 12:24 - Feb 4 with 1279 viewsEdwardStone

The Second Coming of Keiffer on 12:08 - Feb 4 by Medblue

A good work ethic, a lot of practice and desire most likely. He’s a positive example for any aspiring footballer.

Well, yes

He has improved beyond belief, is the same level of improvement possible for other players?

I assume he must have had a well of untapped potential when he was with us and some coach somewhere has been able to release it
The Second Coming of Keiffer on 12:31 - Feb 4 with 1259 viewsJ4ck22

It does seem like we tend to struggle a bit in the first half and then come out all guns blazing in the second, hence why we have the highest points tally from games we go behind in. I can't tell if it's a case of KM figuring the game out as it goes and making the right tweaks or pep talk at half time, or the opposition taking a their foot off the pedal. Probably a mix of both!

The problem yesterday was that 3-0 is just very difficult to come back from and those awful ref decisions in the first 10 mins really made life difficult.
Login to get fewer ads

The Second Coming of Keiffer on 12:37 - Feb 4 with 1228 viewsMedblue

The Second Coming of Keiffer on 12:24 - Feb 4 by EdwardStone

Well, yes

He has improved beyond belief, is the same level of improvement possible for other players?

I assume he must have had a well of untapped potential when he was with us and some coach somewhere has been able to release it

Credit MM for spotting his potential , he has moved around a fair bit and also worked under MM at Cardiff. He always had the physical attributes and the intelligence to realise he could go higher
The Second Coming of Keiffer on 12:44 - Feb 4 with 1166 viewsMK1

He has to start. The Club have to make him feel needed and loved so there is a chance of us signing him in the summer. He is the finished article now, not that he was given a chance here before. We need him here and we need to do everything we can to keep him. Hirst will learn so much from him as will Ali. I think he really could take us up. With Burgess coming back, our back 4 will also improve, so no more goals gifted hopefully.
[Post edited 4 Feb 12:45]
The Second Coming of Keiffer on 17:34 - Feb 4 with 1006 viewsEdwardStone

The Second Coming of Keiffer on 12:37 - Feb 4 by Medblue

Credit MM for spotting his potential , he has moved around a fair bit and also worked under MM at Cardiff. He always had the physical attributes and the intelligence to realise he could go higher

Fair play to the lad, he has done very very well

But I just question how he managed to go from L2 discard / ITFC discard to Prem/ World Cup class who is, by some accounts, going to rescue our season

It just seems an incredible distance he has travelled

#Diamond in the Rough
The Second Coming of Keiffer on 18:03 - Feb 4 with 965 viewsMedblue

The Second Coming of Keiffer on 17:34 - Feb 4 by EdwardStone

Fair play to the lad, he has done very very well

But I just question how he managed to go from L2 discard / ITFC discard to Prem/ World Cup class who is, by some accounts, going to rescue our season

It just seems an incredible distance he has travelled

#Diamond in the Rough

It’s the nature of elite sport ? Perception/opinion go a long way and self-belief and hard work have amazing transformative powers.

Another way to look at it is, how many lower league players stay at that level never showing their potential without that sliding doors moment.
The Second Coming of Keiffer on 19:20 - Feb 4 with 882 viewsDJR

Perhaps we should call him The Hoof, as in "hoof it up to the big man".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024