Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else think 07:59 - Feb 15 with 3667 viewstextbackup

That if we’d played anyone BUT a really poor Millwall team, that we are 1-0 down early doors lastnight? They seemed to have the ‘lions’ share of the first 15mins, with a fair few attacks.

The lack of anything from them after that made lastnight feel like a pre season friendly in the end.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone else think on 09:39 - Feb 15 with 842 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anyone else think on 09:27 - Feb 15 by textbackup

I’m just slightly concerned we are slow when starting games. Not sure that’s as big of a deal that it seems to be.

Playing these lesser teams seems a good practice for changing what’s become a common theme.

I don't have a problem with the line, "I’m just slightly concerned we are slow when starting games." You didn't say that though. You said, "if we'd played anyone but Millwall we'd be 1-0 down."

Maybe I'm being a bit pedantic but what you originally said seemed way OTT compared to what it seems you really meant.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Anyone else think on 09:41 - Feb 15 with 823 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anyone else think on 09:30 - Feb 15 by SouperJim

We concede goals in the first 20 minutes just about every week, regardless of who we're playing.

I've agreed with that. I literally said in the first line of the post you're replying to, "It's a fair point to make that we've conceded early a lot in games."

Anyone else think on 09:44 - Feb 15 with 809 viewsMeadowlark

I agree. Although we took our foot off the gas in the second half and managed the game, and possibly conserved energy for the run of games upcoming, I think KM has a lot to work on and sort out if we are to get results against better opposition. Too slow getting forward, too many badly hit passes, lack of communication, passing out and along the back unnecessarily, poor first touches, and passes not delivered quickly enough to name a few.

Although a four-nil away victory is not to be sniffed at I believe a fully functioning Town team could have doubled that.

Not a criticism. The new players are still bedding in and learning. Let's hope this is the start of a run. I still think at our best, we are the top team in this division.
Anyone else think on 09:58 - Feb 15 with 776 viewstextbackup

Anyone else think on 09:39 - Feb 15 by The_Flashing_Smile

I don't have a problem with the line, "I’m just slightly concerned we are slow when starting games." You didn't say that though. You said, "if we'd played anyone but Millwall we'd be 1-0 down."

Maybe I'm being a bit pedantic but what you originally said seemed way OTT compared to what it seems you really meant.

Having a bit of a thick head from London beers yesterday has likely hampered the way I’m trying to articulate my point 😂

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone else think on 10:07 - Feb 15 with 741 viewsbaxterbasics

Millwall had two or three early shots on target that put Hladky to work and on other days one of those might have gone in. Could have been a different game then.

Part of me feels like the performance last night looked great more because Millwall are so poor. But the flip is that Town have dropped points at struggling teams this season - Rotherham, "Wayne Rooney's" Birmingham spring to mind. So a comprehensive win wasn't guaranteed.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Anyone else think on 10:58 - Feb 15 with 691 viewsHighgateBlue

The main take from last night HAS to be positive, especially after our little run of poorer results. The result, the goals, the clean sheet, the vindication of team selection, Burgess coming back seamlessly, a first goal for Ali, another goal for Moore, more excellent end product from Hutch, Burns starts and presumably increases his confidence, Broadhead's form well and truly back with a bang, all good positives.

It is true that we started poorly in the first 10 or 15 minutes, but I am absolutely certain that KMac will be working on that. But hey, as long as we score 4, home or away, we should be absolutely fine.

Onwards to Swansea, who have lost 5 of their last 6 in all competitions, albeit having had a very tricky run of games. There are only 3 teams with a worse home record, and only 3 teams with a worse home goal difference. They've won 25% of their home games in the league. Time to turn this into a run...
Anyone else think on 11:00 - Feb 15 with 685 viewsRobTheMonk

Anyone else think on 10:58 - Feb 15 by HighgateBlue

The main take from last night HAS to be positive, especially after our little run of poorer results. The result, the goals, the clean sheet, the vindication of team selection, Burgess coming back seamlessly, a first goal for Ali, another goal for Moore, more excellent end product from Hutch, Burns starts and presumably increases his confidence, Broadhead's form well and truly back with a bang, all good positives.

It is true that we started poorly in the first 10 or 15 minutes, but I am absolutely certain that KMac will be working on that. But hey, as long as we score 4, home or away, we should be absolutely fine.

Onwards to Swansea, who have lost 5 of their last 6 in all competitions, albeit having had a very tricky run of games. There are only 3 teams with a worse home record, and only 3 teams with a worse home goal difference. They've won 25% of their home games in the league. Time to turn this into a run...

Moore has made a huge difference in both boxes.
Anyone else think on 13:15 - Feb 15 with 603 viewsbraveblue

Not really. Most home teams gave a go early on.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else think on 13:41 - Feb 15 with 586 viewsHerbivore

Anyone else think on 09:44 - Feb 15 by Meadowlark

I agree. Although we took our foot off the gas in the second half and managed the game, and possibly conserved energy for the run of games upcoming, I think KM has a lot to work on and sort out if we are to get results against better opposition. Too slow getting forward, too many badly hit passes, lack of communication, passing out and along the back unnecessarily, poor first touches, and passes not delivered quickly enough to name a few.

Although a four-nil away victory is not to be sniffed at I believe a fully functioning Town team could have doubled that.

Not a criticism. The new players are still bedding in and learning. Let's hope this is the start of a run. I still think at our best, we are the top team in this division.

Anyone reading your description would think we're a pub side. We've quite literally got results against better sides (Sunderland, Leicester, West Brom) in recent weeks and deserved more in one of those games. Some of our fans go way OTT. We've just won 4-0 away and people are making out like we were crap.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone else think on 16:39 - Feb 15 with 523 viewsbazza

Anyone else think on 09:27 - Feb 15 by textbackup

I’m just slightly concerned we are slow when starting games. Not sure that’s as big of a deal that it seems to be.

Playing these lesser teams seems a good practice for changing what’s become a common theme.

I think other teams have picked up On this, hence the immediate pressure from kick off, and we look like it unsettles us as well, so something which would be nice to stamp out.
Anyone else think on 16:42 - Feb 15 with 518 viewsbazza

Anyone else think on 09:41 - Feb 15 by The_Flashing_Smile

I've agreed with that. I literally said in the first line of the post you're replying to, "It's a fair point to make that we've conceded early a lot in games."

You missing frimley 😂
Anyone else think on 16:52 - Feb 15 with 500 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anyone else think on 16:42 - Feb 15 by bazza

You missing frimley 😂

I'd be intrigued to know his take on last night's biggest away win of the season, I'm sure he'd have an angle or 7!

Anyone else think on 16:58 - Feb 15 with 487 viewsbazza

Anyone else think on 16:52 - Feb 15 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'd be intrigued to know his take on last night's biggest away win of the season, I'm sure he'd have an angle or 7!

Was Always nice to a Have a negative opinion on things. Just to balance it all out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024