Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watching it back, the game swung on Rathbone's injury 09:47 - Feb 21 with 2006 viewspointofblue

At 3-1 we were looking pretty comfortable. Nowhere near our best but Rotherham were not putting us under much pressure and we were in control of the game. Then there was the long break for Rathbone to be treated and they flew at us from the moment the game kicked off again. We never really recovered, even after the half time break. Not sure if Richardson made a tactical change during the injury break, but there was a real swing at that point.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Watching it back, the game swung on Rathbone's injury on 09:57 - Feb 21 with 1937 viewsGarv

For all I'm seeing people saying we didn't play well, even aside from the 4 goals we scored we created some great chances. Burns was all over them and on another night it's 5-1 at half time not 3-1.

We panicked quite a bit second half but I think you have to give Rotherham some credit for that. They pressed us all game and never gave up, fair play to them.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Watching it back, the game swung on Rathbone's injury on 10:03 - Feb 21 with 1897 viewsSitfcB

As usual the early goal set the tone for the game, if we go 3-0 up instead of going 1-0 down it’s a totally different game and Rotherham don’t have any sort of confidence.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Watching it back, the game swung on Rathbone's injury on 10:32 - Feb 21 with 1811 viewsGuthrum

Watching it back, the game swung on Rathbone's injury on 09:57 - Feb 21 by Garv

For all I'm seeing people saying we didn't play well, even aside from the 4 goals we scored we created some great chances. Burns was all over them and on another night it's 5-1 at half time not 3-1.

We panicked quite a bit second half but I think you have to give Rotherham some credit for that. They pressed us all game and never gave up, fair play to them.

They were also extremely rare in being able to outlast us on fitness at the end of the game (albeit we'd had two tough away fixtures within seven days, one of them very long distance).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Watching it back, the game swung on Rathbone's injury on 10:43 - Feb 21 with 1774 viewspointofblue

Watching it back, the game swung on Rathbone's injury on 10:03 - Feb 21 by SitfcB

As usual the early goal set the tone for the game, if we go 3-0 up instead of going 1-0 down it’s a totally different game and Rotherham don’t have any sort of confidence.

Not sure if I'd agree with that. After going 1-0 down, we worked out way back into the game (as usual), dominated to 3-1 and looked control until the Rathbone injury. Then it was patchy until half time and scrappy in the end. In fairness, we would have probably seen it out with ease had it not been for Hladky's disastrous decision for their second.

Watching it back, the game swung on Rathbone's injury on 10:46 - Feb 21 with 1756 viewspointofblue

Watching it back, the game swung on Rathbone's injury on 10:32 - Feb 21 by Guthrum

They were also extremely rare in being able to outlast us on fitness at the end of the game (albeit we'd had two tough away fixtures within seven days, one of them very long distance).

Worth noting they played Tuesday last week (so 3 in 7 rather than 6) and their last two games were at home which no doubt helped with fitness, rather than having to make trips to London and Wales.

Watching it back, the game swung on Rathbone's injury on 10:48 - Feb 21 with 1746 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I thought that we were comfortable until Vas had a flap for the second goal. That swung the game for me.

Poll: Our final position

Watching it back, the game swung on Rathbone's injury on 10:54 - Feb 21 with 1705 viewsDyland

Watching it back, the game swung on Rathbone's injury on 10:32 - Feb 21 by Guthrum

Swansea game must have been physically exhausting in that heavy rain. An extra day of recovery/training, and hopefully we can get a fluid and energetic performance going against Brun.

They're all massive games of course, but there's a week's break after Saturday and if we can stay in touch after a bit of a grueling four game slog with maximum points then we are in for an exciting ride. Still.

Amazing really, cos I felt much calmer after we "blew our lead over third" (not how I really see it but it's a valid view) and I do believe all the pressure is off. That's just how I feel currently. Many more twists and turns to come, and I'm especially enjoying how fooked off Nodge and Leeds fans are in particular :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Watching it back, the game swung on Rathbone's injury on 10:55 - Feb 21 with 1705 viewscooperd5

agree with this, its not often Town are unable to keep up all game. My son said "they won't be able to press all game.." but they did with exceptional energy & vigour. They will be totally spent today after giving it all and still not getting a result. I'd be surprised if they play anywhere close to that for the rest of the season.
It did swing on Vas' misguided plan to come for that ball for their second and the non-penalty from Stroud (not willing to call him a referee) but we saw it out with a superb final goal.
Not at our best (2nd half arguably our worst) but still got the required 3 points.
Login to get fewer ads

Watching it back, the game swung on Rathbone's injury on 10:56 - Feb 21 with 1693 viewsDyland

Watching it back, the game swung on Rathbone's injury on 10:48 - Feb 21 by southnorfolkblue

I thought that we were comfortable until Vas had a flap for the second goal. That swung the game for me.

Their first and second goals, and our third, were really rubbish defending/keeping.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Watching it back, the game swung on Rathbone's injury on 12:35 - Feb 21 with 1514 viewsSteve_M

Half time should have given us a chance to reset though, unusual that we didn’t take it although the slow start to the second half is more typical.

Despite being poor, still didn’t think we were in any danger until their second b

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Watching it back, the game swung on Rathbone's injury on 12:40 - Feb 21 with 1481 viewsbournemouthblue

Watching it back, the game swung on Rathbone's injury on 10:46 - Feb 21 by pointofblue

Worth noting they played Tuesday last week (so 3 in 7 rather than 6) and their last two games were at home which no doubt helped with fitness, rather than having to make trips to London and Wales.

Two heavy pitches, the Swansea game is as wet a game as we have played in a long time!

I actually think Jackson should have been on the pitch earlier than he was, Burns look knackered

Davis looked pretty tired too but I don't think they wanted to risk Humphreys against their bigger physical players

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Watching it back, the game swung on Rathbone's injury on 12:48 - Feb 21 with 1438 viewsbazza

Watching it back, the game swung on Rathbone's injury on 10:03 - Feb 21 by SitfcB

I think having that big away crowd behind them helped as well.
Watching it back, the game swung on Rathbone's injury on 13:22 - Feb 21 with 1340 viewsstonojnr

Watching it back, the game swung on Rathbone's injury on 10:43 - Feb 21 by pointofblue

Not sure if I'd agree with that. After going 1-0 down, we worked out way back into the game (as usual), dominated to 3-1 and looked control until the Rathbone injury. Then it was patchy until half time and scrappy in the end. In fairness, we would have probably seen it out with ease had it not been for Hladky's disastrous decision for their second.

Even at 3-1 I felt we needed a 4th to kill the game, their 2nd had an inevitability about it that Hladkys mistake covers up to an extent, as was their 3rd, they hit the post after all. Hladky also made a good block save that stopped them getting a 4th so maybe his mistake evens out.

That 10mins of injury time first half is kind of where we lost the focus, as it just seemed like it's 3-1 can we hurry up and finish this and Rotherham surely went in at the break, they're the first team this season who have also run off the pitch at half time, feeling buoyed by the fact they were causing us problems, getting lots of corners, free kicks we were struggling with and surely felt they could score again.
Watching it back, the game swung on Rathbone's injury on 13:51 - Feb 21 with 1261 viewsBlueDouglas

Thought we looked quite strong most of the first half, just a couple of slip ups at the back, one of which we conceded from. But we looked like scoring right from the start unlike previous games where we've needed 15mins to get up to speed.

Felt like the injury to Moore had a big impact, he was immense in attack and defence with his head up until that point.

Second half we looked absolutely done, and credit to Rotherham their press worked so well we couldn't even put a couple of passes together at times.
Watching it back, the game swung on Rathbone's injury on 14:27 - Feb 21 with 1211 viewsusm

Apart from the first two minutes we did well in the 1st half. Created more than enough chances and 3-1 flattered them. I was expecting something similar for the 2nd half.
But they got us well in the 2nd half and bullied us almost into submission, but all three of their goals were gimme's.
We looked leggy and a bit shell shocked and could easily have capitulated but we stuck at it well and our quality got us out of a bit of a hole in the end.
Great 3 points and sign of a good side to win when you dont play well and to come back at the end like that.
COYB's

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Watching it back, the game swung on Rathbone's injury on 17:40 - Feb 21 with 1068 viewsRadlett_blue

I disagree. at 3-1 up against the woprst team in this league & at home, all we had to do was control the ball & the game. Especially in the second hlaf, we didn't quite seem to know what to do in the face of Rotherham's admittedly strong press, so we ended up panicking & continually giving the ball back to them. We were also contantly on the back foot & therefore Rotherham picked up most of the loose balls.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024