Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherhan *are* a tougher opponent 10:27 - Feb 21 with 1086 viewsGuthrum

than their League position might suggest. Especially against the better sides.

They've drawn three of their games against the top six, won two and drawn two against teams in 7th to 12th place. Plus giving others significant trouble before eventually losing.

As others have said, the physicality and the press are effective against teams wanting to play it out from the back in the current style.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Rotherhan *are* a tougher opponent on 10:32 - Feb 21 with 1038 viewsNthQldITFC

If they get relegated (probably) and they play like that in League 1, they'll win it at a canter.

Obviously they were physical and perhaps got away with a bit too much in contests for the ball, but they made use of the ball really well and found a lot of space against us at times and look capable of playing a decent style on the ground too. I think Richardson is having a good effect there, and he's got some athletes to work with. Could they escape the drop if they keep playing like that?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Rotherhan *are* a tougher opponent on 10:33 - Feb 21 with 1026 viewsHerbivore

Rotherhan *are* a tougher opponent on 10:32 - Feb 21 by NthQldITFC

If they get relegated (probably) and they play like that in League 1, they'll win it at a canter.

Obviously they were physical and perhaps got away with a bit too much in contests for the ball, but they made use of the ball really well and found a lot of space against us at times and look capable of playing a decent style on the ground too. I think Richardson is having a good effect there, and he's got some athletes to work with. Could they escape the drop if they keep playing like that?

No. They're absolutely miles adrift.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Rotherhan *are* a tougher opponent on 10:37 - Feb 21 with 993 viewsTractorCam

Nah, they'll have to probably win 9 of their last 13 games to manage that.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Rotherhan *are* a tougher opponent on 10:39 - Feb 21 with 984 viewsGuthrum

It's a very tough ask, given the massive 14 points (plus huge goal difference) between them and safety, with only 13 games remaining. But only five of those matches left are against teams in the top half of the table and they still have the chance to take points from the four teams directly above them (three of those at home).
[Post edited 21 Feb 10:40]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Rotherhan *are* a tougher opponent on 10:45 - Feb 21 with 944 viewsChurchman

No, they’re toast this season. That style works well in L1 and they could do well next season.

Them, Wednesday plus one ‘faller’ for the drop. I’ve a feeling it might be Stoke who are in free fall. Good case for Millwall too, but I’ve a feeling like QPR they’ll scrape by.
Rotherhan *are* a tougher opponent on 10:45 - Feb 21 with 940 viewsReusersTown

Most of that is at home though I believe.
Rotherhan *are* a tougher opponent on 10:57 - Feb 21 with 883 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Or to put it an another way they’ve picked up just 15 out of 51 points on the road, with only QPR having a worse away record….

It’s okay to say we didn’t play well sometimes, we don’t have to look for excuses. Rotherham are a very poor side. That we played badly (probably up their with our worst under KM) and scored 4 is testament to that.
Rotherhan *are* a tougher opponent on 11:57 - Feb 21 with 739 viewsVegtablue

They're tough and heads rarely go down Guthers. I 'warned' the board about their home record before our 2-2 disappointment. Away from home they've been well beaten by a few sides and never win, different proposition to be fair, though half the time there's just a goal in it.

What was shocking was the manner of their assault lol. They average 36% possession in the league but managed 54% on our soil! More passes and better accuracy too, crazy stuff.
Login to get fewer ads

Rotherhan *are* a tougher opponent on 12:33 - Feb 21 with 657 viewsFtnfwest

Winning last night was probably more important than winning on Saturday tbh in terms of the pressure it puts on others. We always struggle against that sort of style though although invited it with our lack of usual intensity (and that may well be down to tiredness). Even at half time i was moaning about lack of control of the game by our midfield and defence particularly.
Rotherhan *are* a tougher opponent on 12:45 - Feb 21 with 605 viewsbournemouthblue

They have certainly hacked yoyoing

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024