Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? 10:34 - Feb 23 with 3609 viewsKeno

Axel & Travis are the obvious ones

what about Burns?

At a push Harness?

any other 'wildcard' options?

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Of course it’s a shambles… on 13:44 - Feb 23 with 922 viewsGuthrum

Of course it’s a shambles… on 13:14 - Feb 23 by Bloots

….he’s not injured.

More importantly he’s not our player.

We should have taken the opportunity to cancel the loan in January and got in a replacement.

Either we didn’t try due to misreading the issues he has, or we weren’t able to because the agreement we had with MU didn’t allow it.

Either way we are left with no cover for a right back who has a long term injury that needs managing.

So yes, shambles.

Injured, ill, same difference. We would not have had him at all without signing the agreement.

We do have cover, in the form of Tuanzebe, who has played at RB, Travis, who apparently can play there, Burns, who used to be our regular RB and Donacien, who will be available in about 2-3 weeks (if the timings mentioned are accurate), without delving into some of the more "emergency" candidates. For that matter, Clarke doesn't seem particularly hampered by his on-going issue.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Of course it’s a shambles… on 13:45 - Feb 23 with 915 viewsGavTWTD

Of course it’s a shambles… on 13:34 - Feb 23 by textbackup

Complete waste of a loan space, in a position we NEED cover for

I wonder if he's been given time as he's a transfer target in the summer. He has put in a few excellent performances for us and pretty versatile.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Of course it’s a shambles… on 15:17 - Feb 23 with 828 viewstextbackup

Of course it’s a shambles… on 13:45 - Feb 23 by GavTWTD

I wonder if he's been given time as he's a transfer target in the summer. He has put in a few excellent performances for us and pretty versatile.

Saw it mentioned that could be the reason why… but honestly, just doesn’t strike me as a player that fits our profile these days, no winking or nudging, but he’s hardly a model professional.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 15:18 - Feb 23 with 809 viewsHighgateBlue

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 13:42 - Feb 23 by Keno

you are Harry Clarke and I claim my £5!!

Ooh, there hasn't been enough claiming of £5 of late!

Which maybe means that we're due an inflationary increase? Should this be a further task for the Monetary Policy Committee of the Bank of England to consider?
If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 16:40 - Feb 23 with 715 viewspointofblue

As there’s doubts about Clarke I would prefer him not to play. Better for him to miss tomorrow then be able to play next week then play tomorrow, aggravate it further, and miss a load of games in the process.

I’m going to assume Tuanzebe comes in at right back and hopefully takes the chance to show his undoubted natural talent.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 17:38 - Feb 23 with 674 viewsbaxterbasics

If it's to be Tuanzebe then I hope KM has managed to fire a rocket up his ar$e.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Of course it’s a shambles… on 18:10 - Feb 23 with 633 viewsNeedhamChris

Of course it’s a shambles… on 13:45 - Feb 23 by GavTWTD

That's all well and good - but we could have been supportive to him without registering him in the 26 and taking up a space that could have gone to someone who was in a position where they could contribute.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 19:51 - Feb 23 with 582 viewslmfcblue

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 10:39 - Feb 23 by Guthrum

Tuanzebe probably first choice. Travis I'm not sure is fluent enough in attack (yet). Burns an obvious one, that used to be his position, after all.

I know people find this controversial, but Jackson could do a decent job there, if needed. His defending is generally pretty good, he has Clarke's energy and the speed to get up and down the pitch. Plus he can do the attacking side of things.

You do know we play out from the back? I love Jackson bit that’s not his game
Login to get fewer ads

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 19:54 - Feb 23 with 575 viewsStevieH

Dom Ball has played RB
Of course it’s a shambles… on 20:36 - Feb 23 with 560 viewsXatticus

Of course it’s a shambles… on 13:14 - Feb 23 by Bloots

….he’s not injured.

More importantly he’s not our player.

We should have taken the opportunity to cancel the loan in January and got in a replacement.

Either we didn’t try due to misreading the issues he has, or we weren’t able to because the agreement we had with MU didn’t allow it.

Either way we are left with no cover for a right back who has a long term injury that needs managing.

So yes, shambles.

I have to believe that we would have returned him if we could have. I'm wondering if we have an obligation to buy should we earn promotion and we couldn't get out of it.
Over 73.2% of that post.... on 22:19 - Feb 23 with 511 viewsBloots

Of course it’s a shambles… on 13:44 - Feb 23 by Guthrum

Injured, ill, same difference. We would not have had him at all without signing the agreement.

We do have cover, in the form of Tuanzebe, who has played at RB, Travis, who apparently can play there, Burns, who used to be our regular RB and Donacien, who will be available in about 2-3 weeks (if the timings mentioned are accurate), without delving into some of the more "emergency" candidates. For that matter, Clarke doesn't seem particularly hampered by his on-going issue.

...is wrong.

Unfortunately.

"Vegetable rights and peace" - Neil The Hippy (08/05/84)

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 22:23 - Feb 23 with 504 viewsblueasfook

If Clarkie gets injured who else could play right back? on 12:25 - Feb 23 by textbackup

That bloke that was going to be back in 10 days was a right back wasn’t he? Name escapes me

Brandon Williams. The invisible loanee lol

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024