Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone fancy a couple of Cheltenham bets? 🐎 18:20 - Feb 24 with 3566 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

With just 17 days until the best week of the year, I thought I’d throw TWTD 3 bets for some early interest.

Bet 1 - A ‘bankers’ multiple (Non Runner No Bet):

Supreme Novice Hurdle (Tuesday) - Ballyburn
Mares Hurdle (Tuesday) - Lossiemouth
Browns Advisory Novice Chase (Wednesday) - Fact To File
Champion Chase (Wednesday) - El Fabiolo
Triumph Hurdle (Friday) - Sir Gino
Gold Cup (Friday) - Galopin Des Champs
Mares Chase (Friday) - Dinoblue

Best NRNB odds - Ladbrokes & Coral

£0.20 Win Super Heinz (£24) and a £1 Win accumulator for a total stake of £25 returns £363.73 if all win.

Bet 2 - A ‘Rommy’s main fancies’ Heinz:

Supreme Novice (Tuesday) - Ballyburn
Baring Bingham Novice (Wednesday) - Ile Atlanqiue
Brown Advisory Novice (Wednesday) - Fact To File
Turners Novice (Thursday) - Gaelic Warrior
Triumph Hurdle (Friday) - Sir Gino
Hunter Chase (Friday) - Ferns Lock

Best NRNB odds - Ladbrokes & Coral

A 24p Win Heinz (£13.68) and a £1.32 Win accumulator for a total stake of £15 returns £3053.98 if they all win.

Bet 3 - Each Way Handicap Lucky 31:

Ultima Chase (Tuesday) - The Goffer
Coral Cup (Wednesday) - Doddiethegreat
Grand Annual (Wednesday) - Saint Roi
County Hurdle (Friday) - King of Kingsfield
Martin Pipe (Friday) - No Ordinary Joe

Best NRNB odds - Coral & Ladbrokes

A 23p Each Way Lucky 31 (£14.26) and a 37p E/W accumulator for a total stake of £15 pays £84,134.34 if they all win.

The 3 bets here come to £25, £15 and £15 for a total of £55. Of course, you can go bigger (like myself with the top bet today for £125 or smaller. The amounts I’ve put were purely to give you an idea on returns for each bet should the best happen and all win in each bet.

As always, please bet what you can afford. And don’t shoot the messenger. I just know over the last ten years, I’ve had plenty of people asking for horses on here and twitter in advance of the festival.
[Post edited 24 Feb 18:22]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Anyone fancy a couple of Cheltenham bets? 🐎 on 18:49 - Feb 24 with 3442 viewsAviator

Personally I think we should shoot the messenger. Keep your addiction to yourself.
Anyone fancy a couple of Cheltenham bets? 🐎 on 18:52 - Feb 24 with 3424 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone fancy a couple of Cheltenham bets? 🐎 on 18:49 - Feb 24 by Aviator

Personally I think we should shoot the messenger. Keep your addiction to yourself.

Stick to making up BS for attention.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone fancy a couple of Cheltenham bets? 🐎 on 20:10 - Feb 24 with 3331 viewsPablo_Counago

Thanks for this post Rommy. I always appreciate seeing your tips

I do however think that Kargese may just beat Sir Gino in the Triumph Hurdle after I watched her at Leopardstown this month and I thought she was fairly impressive in that
Anyone fancy a couple of Cheltenham bets? 🐎 on 12:34 - Feb 25 with 3105 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone fancy a couple of Cheltenham bets? 🐎 on 20:10 - Feb 24 by Pablo_Counago

Thanks for this post Rommy. I always appreciate seeing your tips

I do however think that Kargese may just beat Sir Gino in the Triumph Hurdle after I watched her at Leopardstown this month and I thought she was fairly impressive in that

It’ll take some performance from the mare to top what SG did the last day at Cheltenham. I’d have that juvenile performance as the best in a fair while. Destroyed the best of the English comfortably. The way the juveniles at the Dublin fez all finished on top of one another suggested to me that Willies pre-race thoughts of not knowing who his standout juvenile is proved correct and that it’s likely none of his are superstars this year. Maljbrough looks a cracking prospect for a fence though. He’s built like a bull. And that was a very fair effort first time up over here. I’d give him the best chance of toppling Sir Gino myself but I think they’re all running for places personally.

Edit - I should add, I have only had two anteposts in the race. One of which showed very little and won’t run and the other was a couple of points on Sir Gino at 8s. So I won’t need to have a lump on the day but anything odds against would be seriously tempting.
[Post edited 25 Feb 12:36]

Anyone fancy a couple of Cheltenham bets? 🐎 on 23:44 - Feb 27 with 2769 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

With the handicap weights out today,I’d now suggest King Of Kingsfield at 10/1 and Saint Roi at 9/1 are both superb bets each way in singles and a double.

Anyone fancy a couple of Cheltenham bets? 🐎 on 07:41 - Feb 28 with 2599 viewsElephantintheRoom

My bet would be none of the above. But feel free to come back on here if you win more than a dose of Covid

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Anyone fancy a couple of Cheltenham bets? 🐎 on 12:34 - Feb 28 with 2465 viewsportmanroadblue

Thanks, in a Cheltenham comp with some mates, so these should hopefully come in very handy
Anyone fancy a couple of Cheltenham bets? 🐎 on 01:59 - Mar 4 with 2067 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Update:

- King of kingsfield has been hammered in the market.
- Gaelic warrior will run. He’s now my main bet of the week at 4/1. Ought to be favourite in such a poor race.
- Inothewayurthinking will win the Kim Muir. Add him to your portfolio lads.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone fancy a couple of Cheltenham bets? 🐎 on 07:50 - Mar 4 with 1924 viewsCheltenham_Blue

“Best week of the year”

Try saying that when you live here and you’ve got pissed up Geordies shi^^ing in your flower beds.
[Post edited 4 Mar 7:51]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Anyone fancy a couple of Cheltenham bets? 🐎 on 08:56 - Mar 4 with 1827 viewsitfcjoe

Good luck Rommy, have a great week down there and hopefully have some big winners

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone fancy a couple of Cheltenham bets? 🐎 on 18:50 - Mar 14 with 968 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone fancy a couple of Cheltenham bets? 🐎 on 01:59 - Mar 4 by The_Romford_Blue

Update:

- King of kingsfield has been hammered in the market.
- Gaelic warrior will run. He’s now my main bet of the week at 4/1. Ought to be favourite in such a poor race.
- Inothewayurthinking will win the Kim Muir. Add him to your portfolio lads.

Hope a few got on this update.

Inothewayurthinkin was 5/1 at that point and just smashed them to win at 6/4. Gaelic also won easy.

King of kingsfield tomorrow

Anyone fancy a couple of Cheltenham bets? 🐎 on 19:54 - Mar 14 with 904 viewsStenvict

Anyone fancy a couple of Cheltenham bets? 🐎 on 18:50 - Mar 14 by The_Romford_Blue

Hope a few got on this update.

Inothewayurthinkin was 5/1 at that point and just smashed them to win at 6/4. Gaelic also won easy.

King of kingsfield tomorrow

Need the latter for a decent return

Poll: What will be announced first?

Anyone fancy a couple of Cheltenham bets? 🐎 on 22:21 - Mar 14 with 799 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone fancy a couple of Cheltenham bets? 🐎 on 07:50 - Mar 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

“Best week of the year”

Try saying that when you live here and you’ve got pissed up Geordies shi^^ing in your flower beds.

If you can’t beat them…. If nothing else, you’ll have some cracking roses this year.

I used to love this week when I was in Cheltenham. I was an irresponsible pissed student then though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone fancy a couple of Cheltenham bets? 🐎 on 22:27 - Mar 14 with 769 viewsbazza

Anyone fancy a couple of Cheltenham bets? 🐎 on 07:50 - Mar 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

“Best week of the year”

It’s good for the roses..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024