Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big Match Replayed. 10:56 - Mar 23 with 1095 viewsBluespeed225

Us V Spurs as we peaked in 81’, tried to kick us off the pitch as Robson will point out after, but something I never realised at the time, the League Cup Final had been that weekend, Liverpool V West Ham, and Clive Thomas was going to report John Lyall for calling him a cheat. Love you John, but I think you’d done alright out of Thomas’ shortcomings in the past….
Big Match Replayed. on 11:29 - Mar 23 with 1018 viewsTrequartista

I often wondered if Roberts, Miller and Perryman were in the wrong sport. Roberts could play a bit as well.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Big Match Replayed. on 11:53 - Mar 23 with 977 viewswoodbridge_blue

The corresponding game at White Hart Lane just before Christmas was a feisty affair....Roberts kicked Gates all over the park, and when Gatesy finally lost his rag by stamping on Roberts he got his marching orders, so there was a bit of previous between the two clubs.
Big Match Replayed. on 12:01 - Mar 23 with 959 viewsnoggin

I was watching this game, v West Ham the other day. Look at the pitch and some of those sliding tackles. When football was not about players rolling around like they've been shot. Starts at around 1.48 Oh, and a wonderful goal from Jimmy Robertson.
[Post edited 23 Mar 12:10]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Big Match Replayed. on 13:01 - Mar 23 with 876 viewsNthQldITFC

Big Match Replayed. on 12:01 - Mar 23 by noggin

I was watching this game, v West Ham the other day. Look at the pitch and some of those sliding tackles. When football was not about players rolling around like they've been shot. Starts at around 1.48 Oh, and a wonderful goal from Jimmy Robertson.
[Post edited 23 Mar 12:10]

I've not watched the game yet, but so far I've enjoyed the Big Match intro music which was very much of it's time, was it not. Put me in mind of the outro music to one of my favourite Arthur Atkinson films, 'Confessions Of A Cucumber Salesman', thoughtfully reviewed here by the esteemed Tommy Cockles...

[Post edited 23 Mar 13:02]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Big Match Replayed. on 13:54 - Mar 23 with 775 viewspatrickswell

Big Match Replayed. on 13:01 - Mar 23 by NthQldITFC

I've not watched the game yet, but so far I've enjoyed the Big Match intro music which was very much of it's time, was it not. Put me in mind of the outro music to one of my favourite Arthur Atkinson films, 'Confessions Of A Cucumber Salesman', thoughtfully reviewed here by the esteemed Tommy Cockles...

[Post edited 23 Mar 13:02]

The 72/73 theme tune sounds even more like it should be soundtracking a Sid James-led situation comedy.

Big Match Replayed. on 14:58 - Mar 23 with 718 viewsWhos_blue

I love watching the reruns of the big match.
I think this is my favourite version of the theme tune.
This is an extended version, backed by some truely wonderful footage of the time, including a brief cameo of our 78 heroes 1:50.
Different times.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Big Match Replayed. on 15:32 - Mar 23 with 672 viewsGlasgowBlue

I was there. Steve Archibald was u front for Spurs wasn't he?

The Spurs fans stopped off at Clacton on the way home and wrecked one of the pubs.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Big Match Replayed. on 17:19 - Mar 23 with 548 viewsBluespeed225

Big Match Replayed. on 15:32 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

I was there. Steve Archibald was u front for Spurs wasn't he?

The Spurs fans stopped off at Clacton on the way home and wrecked one of the pubs.

Clacton used to be a bit of a regular stop off for Arse/Spurs/west ham. I remember the big door under The North Stand between the two sets of fans getting hammered from either side at half time. I was 15 and was telling my mum I was still going in Churchmans but was secretly beginning my migration North!
Login to get fewer ads

Big Match Replayed. on 17:23 - Mar 23 with 538 viewsBluespeed225

Big Match Replayed. on 13:54 - Mar 23 by patrickswell

The 72/73 theme tune sounds even more like it should be soundtracking a Sid James-led situation comedy.

That’s a wonderful piece of Library Music. ‘Young Scene’ by Keith Mansfield was another used. Unfortunately they changed the music for 80-81, awful 80’sness creeping in.
Big Match Replayed. on 17:46 - Mar 23 with 507 viewsWhos_blue

Big Match Replayed. on 17:23 - Mar 23 by Bluespeed225

That’s a wonderful piece of Library Music. ‘Young Scene’ by Keith Mansfield was another used. Unfortunately they changed the music for 80-81, awful 80’sness creeping in.

The 80-81 theme was composed by none other than Jeff Wayne.
Yes. He of War of the worlds fame.

You're welcome fact fans.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024