Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There is something really amusing about Norwich City 12:43 - Apr 7 with 1966 viewsAsa

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t enjoy standing in Carrow Road with hundreds of them screaming c*** at me whilst celebrating a win over us. But yesterday actually hurt a little less than usual.

All this 15 years stuff is hilarious. Obviously I wanted us to annihilate them every time we’ve played them. But I’m actually at the point of almost cringing for them.

For so long there were better than us. Two divisions better than us at times. We didn’t have a player that would get into their squad. We were told history didn’t matter. It’s all about the now.

Then it was attendances. Then it was this. And that. Now we find ourselves with a better history still, actual honours, bigger stadium, bigger crowds and a team that was top of league much better than theirs.

All they have is this record. Like the one we have against Real Madrid. Like the one Cheltenham have against us. Absolutely meaningless really in the context of a season but they celebrating a draw away to us like we celebrated promotion.

I hate them. And yes they could still go instead of us. But I was once jealous a tiny bit of them. Not much. But now I just laugh their whole existence is about us.
There is something really amusing about Norwich City on 12:48 - Apr 7 with 1884 views_clive_baker_

Let’s be honest, it’s all they’ve got. We can’t talk about history unless it’s a cherry picked ‘era’ for our head-to-head record. They know there’s no discussion beyond that. In the past we’re on different levels entirely, in the present we’re 20 points ahead of them and it’s still in our gift to finish in the top 2.

Disappointing result, disappointing performance, but more in the context of our bigger picture than because it was against them. Still at least Leeds lost, so we’re a game closer to the final day and still in our hands to be in the driving seat for automatic promotion. Let’s do it.
There is something really amusing about Norwich City on 12:50 - Apr 7 with 1863 viewsBLUEBEAT

Am sure any reasonable NCFC fan would rather our league positions, and accompanying results, were reversed.

Poll: W or W

There is something really amusing about Norwich City on 12:51 - Apr 7 with 1820 viewsAsa

There is something really amusing about Norwich City on 12:48 - Apr 7 by _clive_baker_

Let’s be honest, it’s all they’ve got. We can’t talk about history unless it’s a cherry picked ‘era’ for our head-to-head record. They know there’s no discussion beyond that. In the past we’re on different levels entirely, in the present we’re 20 points ahead of them and it’s still in our gift to finish in the top 2.

Disappointing result, disappointing performance, but more in the context of our bigger picture than because it was against them. Still at least Leeds lost, so we’re a game closer to the final day and still in our hands to be in the driving seat for automatic promotion. Let’s do it.

Exactly. I bloody hate them.

But we are Ipswich. We’ve won stuff. We have ambitions. We want to beat them along the way but we absolutely define them. That’s really quite amusing to me.

They are a big enough club that’s been in the top division long enough to have dreams and hopes and some proper achievements. But they squander every opportunity whilst having this relationship with us that you’d expect of Colchester but not a similarly sized club with similar top flight seasons and a similar fan base and bigger city.

They really cease to exist without us bless them.
There is something really amusing about Norwich City on 12:53 - Apr 7 with 1803 viewsAsa

There is something really amusing about Norwich City on 12:50 - Apr 7 by BLUEBEAT

Am sure any reasonable NCFC fan would rather our league positions, and accompanying results, were reversed.

Every single time.

Any Man City fans not celebrating a title because Wolves doubled them?

Any Town fans not celebrating as we go 5-0 up against Exeter because we just took a point off Lincoln?

We are absolutely all that they have. Even two divisions above us they were obsessed.
There is something really amusing about Norwich City on 12:53 - Apr 7 with 1789 viewsMK1

It never was nor will be a discussion.
There is something really amusing about Norwich City on 12:54 - Apr 7 with 1789 viewsDJR

Totally agree with the OP. To me, the best reaction to their goading at the end of the game was to laugh at them. Indeed, it brought home to me just how little they have achieved in terms of Europe and proper trophies.
[Post edited 7 Apr 12:56]
There is something really amusing about Norwich City on 13:01 - Apr 7 with 1704 viewsAsa

There is something really amusing about Norwich City on 12:54 - Apr 7 by DJR

Totally agree with the OP. To me, the best reaction to their goading at the end of the game was to laugh at them. Indeed, it brought home to me just how little they have achieved in terms of Europe and proper trophies.
[Post edited 7 Apr 12:56]

I should have walked out of their feeling sick as had been the case before but found myself laughing at how tin pot it was.

No idea who fatty was that took his top off as they entered the 73rd minute of celebrating in front of the pit of 50 year old men now living back with mother or whatever they were called by their own sporting director.

But it was genuinely more than Maidstone and their team of postmen and plasterers celebrated the greatest giant killing of all time.
There is something really amusing about Norwich City on 13:08 - Apr 7 with 1651 viewsDublinBlue84

I felt the same at Portman Road earlier in the season.

They were celebrating getting a draw like they just won the Champions League and they kept going on about it being our cup final, but they were the only ones who were really treating it like a cup final, because at that point it was pretty much all they had to play for.

My reaction was just to laugh at them at that point. Even the way that the PinkUn writes their articles and social media, it's like they are obsessed with us, clearly as a distraction technique from all the things that you have spoken about.

I came across a Norwich fan this morning who kept going on about 15 years, to which I told him to look at the league table. Still didn't get it. He was wearing Jeremy Goss shirt from the Bayern Munich match era. I guess that's all they have to hold onto.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Login to get fewer ads

There is something really amusing about Norwich City on 13:10 - Apr 7 with 1630 viewsRonFearonsHair

Most of them have only been going a few weeks to be fair. The majority flounced off in November decrying the club's leadership, moaning about how bored they were and demanding change. Given nothing changed I assume they didn't all just forget that and come straight back.
There is something really amusing about Norwich City on 13:20 - Apr 7 with 1565 viewsNthQldITFC

There is something really amusing about Norwich City on 12:50 - Apr 7 by BLUEBEAT

...and pedigree, stadium, reputation, style of play, home and international support base, and shirt colour.

But "NO!" it's all about seven seasons or fifteen years if you include inactive seasons and things that are in the past!

Small Club Underachieving Massively xx Always have been, always will be.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

There is something really amusing about Norwich City on 13:50 - Apr 7 with 1420 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

You'd never see any of our players goading on social media, wearing a shirt with a scoreline on the back, nor would you see the Green'Un giving it the big'un ejaculating all over this supposed dominance (they still haven't qualified for Europe this side of 2000, and are universally thought of as a yo-yo club whenever they're in the Prem making up the numbers)

When we eventually win, this record will be relegated to the history books, which, as per their logic (or lack of), is something that cannot be raised. The most realistic of their fans will realise the tide is turning, we're going in one direction with fantastic owners, a great CEO, and without a doubt, the best young manager in the country.
There is something really amusing about Norwich City on 14:08 - Apr 7 with 1309 viewsPrideOfTheEast

There is something really amusing about Norwich City on 12:48 - Apr 7 by _clive_baker_

Exactly. They are the definition of tin pot but in fairness we can’t seem to get one over them and derbies mean a lot. If we don’t go up this season they’d have screwed us and therefore have effectively won yet again.
There is something really amusing about Norwich City on 14:20 - Apr 7 with 1225 viewsITFCSG

If there was a contest for most number of shirtless fans Norwich would be by far the runaway winners. Never have I seen a club with so many supporters taking off their tops in the stands both during and after the game. At PR last year it was the same as well, hilarious.
There is something really amusing about Norwich City on 14:20 - Apr 7 with 1218 viewsbackwaywhen

There is something really amusing about Norwich City on 14:08 - Apr 7 by PrideOfTheEast

Exactly. They are the definition of tin pot but in fairness we can’t seem to get one over them and derbies mean a lot. If we don’t go up this season they’d have screwed us and therefore have effectively won yet again.

Inside your head , only inside your head ……move on.
There is something really amusing about Norwich City on 14:38 - Apr 7 with 1110 viewspeterleeblue

There is something really amusing about Norwich City on 14:20 - Apr 7 by backwaywhen

Inside your head , only inside your head ……move on.

If you must try and see it that Cardiff and Rotherham will have screwed us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024