Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This 2 week break after the Boro game 22:40 - Apr 10 with 2076 viewsLeistonBlue

Could well win us promotion IMO. Couldn’t come at a better time with the squad looking knackered and key players injured, and will give the lads the perfect chance to recuperate and reset before 3 huge games. Can’t wait to see how it unfolds..
This 2 week break after the Boro game on 22:43 - Apr 10 with 2051 views_clive_baker_

Not to mention the fact our opponents have busy schedules, especially Coventry. I’m less worried about going away from home to sides that need to come at us. We can pick Hull off in the first instance and hopefully Coventry are smoked by then.

Big question first is can we go into that break with a win.
This 2 week break after the Boro game on 23:04 - Apr 10 with 1907 viewsITFCBlues

We could be 5 points adrift of Leeds at that stage, assuming we win on Saturday.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

This 2 week break after the Boro game on 23:07 - Apr 10 with 1878 viewstractorboy1978

This 2 week break after the Boro game on 23:04 - Apr 10 by ITFCBlues

We could be 5 points adrift of Leeds at that stage, assuming we win on Saturday.

Or we could be 4 points ahead of them with two games in hand. What is the point in catastrophising?
This 2 week break after the Boro game on 12:57 - Apr 11 with 1578 viewsLeistonBlue

This 2 week break after the Boro game on 23:04 - Apr 10 by ITFCBlues

Even if we are, Leicester would well still be there for the taking, so we have to just keep going and not worry about the other (clearly easier said than done though!).
This 2 week break after the Boro game on 16:34 - Apr 11 with 1382 viewsbilllm

We look knackered but after breaks we normally seem disjointed and like they haven't seen each other ever,
That can not happen at hull and Coventry,
This 2 week break after the Boro game on 18:18 - Apr 11 with 1299 viewsMK1

Would rather it right now. We looked totally knacked last night.
This 2 week break after the Boro game on 05:23 - Apr 12 with 1022 viewstextbackup

Why do we look so shattered?
Do the teams we play against look in similar condition?

Read other fans and they suggest we are on performance enhancing drugs…. Yet read this place And it’s how shattered we are looking, we’ve got 4, possibly 7, more games to play… as have other teams.

Im confused as to which one it is. Are we fcked, or not?!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

This 2 week break after the Boro game on 07:00 - Apr 12 with 962 viewsBattersea_Blue

It's been said that we're the fittest team in the league. I don't know if there's any stats to prove that, but it wouldn't surprise me. The way we play requires top fitness, we never stop. So although we may be the fittest, we probably run further than most other teams too.

With the level of intensity we play at, no wonder our boys are knackered.

This two week break will be a big test of how Kieran deals with it. I'm sure he has a plan, which will include down time as well as intense training and tactics for the upcoming away games. It's a balancing act and I hope he gets it right so the boys are firing on all cylinders and totally motivated when we kick off at Hull.

Someone mentioned in another thread recently about the trip to the theme park Bobby Robson took the players on when we played Cologne away. That was brilliant and the players responded, despite being knackered from an even more intense run of games than we've just had.
Login to get fewer ads

This 2 week break after the Boro game on 08:28 - Apr 12 with 860 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

This 2 week break after the Boro game on 05:23 - Apr 12 by textbackup

Why do we look so shattered?
Do the teams we play against look in similar condition?

Read other fans and they suggest we are on performance enhancing drugs…. Yet read this place And it’s how shattered we are looking, we’ve got 4, possibly 7, more games to play… as have other teams.

Im confused as to which one it is. Are we fcked, or not?!

There's been illness in the camp. It's been mentioned several times. We also play at a very high intensity (hence the drug references) but we've also played a lot of big games in a short space of time recently, so that, with our high intensity, and the illness, will eventually take its toll.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

This 2 week break after the Boro game on 09:08 - Apr 12 with 826 viewsgainsboroughblue

I've been trying to convince myself that Coventry and Hull is this this seasons Posh and Barnsley. Just need to squeeze out what is left tomorrow before the final push.

I'm quite relaxed about the final three games actually, it's tomorrow that's giving me a headache thinking about.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

This 2 week break after the Boro game on 09:22 - Apr 12 with 792 viewstextbackup

This 2 week break after the Boro game on 08:28 - Apr 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

There's been illness in the camp. It's been mentioned several times. We also play at a very high intensity (hence the drug references) but we've also played a lot of big games in a short space of time recently, so that, with our high intensity, and the illness, will eventually take its toll.

Lol. You down voted my post 😂

Do you think this high intensity, and leaving it late to win games, is ultimately hurting our players? I kind of do

This 2 week break after the Boro game on 10:28 - Apr 12 with 726 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

This 2 week break after the Boro game on 09:22 - Apr 12 by textbackup

Lol. You down voted my post 😂

Do you think this high intensity, and leaving it late to win games, is ultimately hurting our players? I kind of do

I downvoted your post because it's fecking stupid, like most of your posts.
And this comment: "and leaving it late to win games" - we're not deliberately leaving it late to win games!

Playing at a high intensity is part of our modus operandi. We've been doing it for 2 years.

You realise you've been overtaken by Frimmers now?

This 2 week break after the Boro game on 11:02 - Apr 12 with 663 viewstextbackup

This 2 week break after the Boro game on 10:28 - Apr 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

I downvoted your post because it's fecking stupid, like most of your posts.
And this comment: "and leaving it late to win games" - we're not deliberately leaving it late to win games!

Playing at a high intensity is part of our modus operandi. We've been doing it for 2 years.

You realise you've been overtaken by Frimmers now?

The first post was a load of very simple questions. I asked why we looked so shattered, and if other teams did too… then mentioned some fans are saying we are on drugs, yet our fans saying we are shattered. The two didn’t marry up, and seemed to be completely the other ends of the scale. I didn’t see the Watford game, so hence the question.

Not my issue you took offence to those. And reading it back, it’s probably one of the least offensive posts I’ve ever made 😂

——

Yeah, well aware we don’t purposely leave it late. Have often thought though, that because we do we add extra pressure to ourselves and can take out more energy than we’d need to if the game was sown up a little earlier. Not a a moan, just a simple observation really.

——

I’ve been over taken by frimmers…. I don’t even know what that’s suppose to mean. But I’m sure in your weird little world of Internet points that made some sense.

‘Like most of your posts’ again, no idea what that’s suppose to mean. Feel free to explain if you feel the need to, or don’t, it won’t worry me either way.

Have a great day
[Post edited 12 Apr 11:04]

This 2 week break after the Boro game on 11:09 - Apr 12 with 633 views_clive_baker_

This 2 week break after the Boro game on 11:02 - Apr 12 by textbackup

The first post was a load of very simple questions. I asked why we looked so shattered, and if other teams did too… then mentioned some fans are saying we are on drugs, yet our fans saying we are shattered. The two didn’t marry up, and seemed to be completely the other ends of the scale. I didn’t see the Watford game, so hence the question.

Not my issue you took offence to those. And reading it back, it’s probably one of the least offensive posts I’ve ever made 😂

——

Yeah, well aware we don’t purposely leave it late. Have often thought though, that because we do we add extra pressure to ourselves and can take out more energy than we’d need to if the game was sown up a little earlier. Not a a moan, just a simple observation really.

——

I’ve been over taken by frimmers…. I don’t even know what that’s suppose to mean. But I’m sure in your weird little world of Internet points that made some sense.

‘Like most of your posts’ again, no idea what that’s suppose to mean. Feel free to explain if you feel the need to, or don’t, it won’t worry me either way.

Have a great day

I think all teams look shattered personally, which tends to happen at this stage of the season after a gruelling schedule as injuries and suspensions also rack up. Its not just us, but then its not just us not winning every week is it. We've got 9 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats over our last 12 games, but some on here would have you thinking we're sh1t.

Over the past 5 games we've taken more points than all of Leeds, Southampton and Leicester. We're in a healthier league position today than we were 5 games ago.

We drew with Watford and lost at Norwich, 2 really tight games where we didn't end up on the right side of the small margins. 2 teams that are 2nd year parachute clubs, against which we've had 4 pretty close games this season, winning 1, drawing 2 (1 of those performances certainly deserved a win), and losing 1. Our fans seem to think we should be playing like Brazil every week and humping teams 3-0, its a bit delusional tbh.
[Post edited 12 Apr 11:15]
This 2 week break after the Boro game on 11:11 - Apr 12 with 630 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

This 2 week break after the Boro game on 11:02 - Apr 12 by textbackup

——

——

Have a great day

1. There's no contradiction in your first point. People were saying we're on drugs when we were flying. They're not saying it now we're stuttering. You're conflating two different times.

2. I didn't take offence. I said your points were stupid not offensive.

3. Again, we obviously try to sew games up earlier. unfortunately there's usually another team trying to stop us doing that.

4. I've no idea what you mean by internet points, I was just saying Frimmers is now better than you when it comes to asking feckwitted questions, that's all.

5. YOU have a nice day!

This 2 week break after the Boro game on 11:20 - Apr 12 with 595 viewstextbackup

This 2 week break after the Boro game on 11:11 - Apr 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

1. There's no contradiction in your first point. People were saying we're on drugs when we were flying. They're not saying it now we're stuttering. You're conflating two different times.

2. I didn't take offence. I said your points were stupid not offensive.

3. Again, we obviously try to sew games up earlier. unfortunately there's usually another team trying to stop us doing that.

4. I've no idea what you mean by internet points, I was just saying Frimmers is now better than you when it comes to asking feckwitted questions, that's all.

5. YOU have a nice day!

So to confirm my entire posting history is now up in flames over asking 1 question that you’ve lost the plot over?

Feckwitted questions - I’m 99.99999% it was you that asked on here about the house buying process only a few years ago, as a middle aged man, unsure you were downvoted for that, or the question called feckwitted.

Such a weird little man

This 2 week break after the Boro game on 13:00 - Apr 12 with 504 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

This 2 week break after the Boro game on 11:20 - Apr 12 by textbackup

So to confirm my entire posting history is now up in flames over asking 1 question that you’ve lost the plot over?

Feckwitted questions - I’m 99.99999% it was you that asked on here about the house buying process only a few years ago, as a middle aged man, unsure you were downvoted for that, or the question called feckwitted.

Such a weird little man

I didn't say your entire posting history is up in flames, calm yourself down popsicle.

I don't remember that post, but not sure what my age has got to do with asking a question about the house buying process. If you've never bought a house, you've never bought a house. Lots of people rent. You don't instantly become aware of all the intricacies of the house-buying process just by hitting a certain age.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024