Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two reasons to remain calm. 22:21 - Apr 12 with 1962 viewsVegtablue

1) Leicester stay in control of the title and remind me of us in our middle period last season. Daka's chances tonight and Vardy's against Bristol City were as good or better than those we've created in the same time period. It's when you stop creating sitters that you really need to worry, as a similar saying goes. They've lost some belief and all their fear factor, however, which is superb so late in the season.

2) We know what happened against Watford, when we were significantly more fancied to win than we are tomorrow (by the outside world at least, if not Town fans). Boro are in good form, have beaten the top sides and were pre-season favourites bar the big 3.

No downplaying how massive tomorrow could be for us, but it would be a mistake to arrive at the ground expectantly. Bold performance needed off the pitch too (sad to be missing it)!
Two reasons to remain calm. on 22:22 - Apr 12 with 1859 viewsFrimleyBlue

Well thank you for bursting the bubble.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Two reasons to remain calm. on 22:29 - Apr 12 with 1793 viewsacj

All of that seems fair and reasonable, and it’s important not to get ahead of ourselves.

Also worth saying that Boro will be coming here to try and win, as a draw is no good to them. Feel we’re better against sides that come wanting to go for it against us than we are against sides willing to sit in and try to catch us on the break, so hoping that will play into our hands (in contrast to the way the Watford game went).

Tonight’s result means that a draw tomorrow is no disaster, so takes a little bit of pressure off.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Two reasons to remain calm. on 22:32 - Apr 12 with 1734 viewsVegtablue

Two reasons to remain calm. on 22:22 - Apr 12 by FrimleyBlue

Well thank you for bursting the bubble.

I was overly jubilant prior to Wednesday night Frimmers and it popped in my face. Tough game incoming!
Two reasons to remain calm. on 22:37 - Apr 12 with 1641 viewsVegtablue

Two reasons to remain calm. on 22:29 - Apr 12 by acj

All of that seems fair and reasonable, and it’s important not to get ahead of ourselves.

Also worth saying that Boro will be coming here to try and win, as a draw is no good to them. Feel we’re better against sides that come wanting to go for it against us than we are against sides willing to sit in and try to catch us on the break, so hoping that will play into our hands (in contrast to the way the Watford game went).

Tonight’s result means that a draw tomorrow is no disaster, so takes a little bit of pressure off.

I'd much prefer to leave Leicester needing a win to overtake us rather than a draw though, for their game in hand. Think we still need to 8-10 points from the remaining 4, given we'll be conceding GD.
Two reasons to remain calm. on 00:42 - Apr 13 with 1283 viewsIllinoisblue

3) goal difference. Shudder

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Two reasons to remain calm. on 00:55 - Apr 13 with 1245 viewsEuropablue

The interviews from the players and KM made me feel much calmer about tomorrow. There are a lot of positives for the match. We actually played quite well against Watford, who are a good team and played for the draw. A little more luck and we would have won that match. As Luongo said, results are what count at this stage, but the mood in the camp is still very positive. We have a two week break afterwards, so we can leave everything out on the field. Middlesborough need the win and play a similar style to us, so it will be all about how well we finish. I think we'll all going to be up for it, the fans and the players, and there will be a positive attitude backing the players to go an win the match rather than last time it felt as fans like we were more worried about dropping points rather than gaining points. I'm probably also feeling better after Plymouth's win against Leicester!
Two reasons to remain calm. on 06:59 - Apr 13 with 1003 viewsfranz_tyson

Why would anyone arrive at the ground expectedly? We've just come of a embarrassingly crushing loss to our local rivals and failed to capitalise on a golden chance a few days later. I would expect a lot of nerves rather than swagger.

After that last performance, I have no idea what to expect. I think we need a bit of good fortune along with the rest as we're looking a bit jaded and our gold dust seems to be slipping away. Can't see our rivals keep on slipping up and we either have to seize our chance now or kiss goodbye to promotion. Don't rate our chances in the POs, so it's now or never.
Two reasons to remain calm. on 07:18 - Apr 13 with 941 viewsBlueOura

Two reasons to remain calm. on 06:59 - Apr 13 by franz_tyson

Why would anyone arrive at the ground expectedly? We've just come of a embarrassingly crushing loss to our local rivals and failed to capitalise on a golden chance a few days later. I would expect a lot of nerves rather than swagger.

After that last performance, I have no idea what to expect. I think we need a bit of good fortune along with the rest as we're looking a bit jaded and our gold dust seems to be slipping away. Can't see our rivals keep on slipping up and we either have to seize our chance now or kiss goodbye to promotion. Don't rate our chances in the POs, so it's now or never.

"We've just come of a embarrassingly crushing loss to our local rivals"

Aside from the poor grammar, that's a pretty awful take. It was a poor performance by our high standards, but still only a narrow 1-0 defeat.
[Post edited 13 Apr 7:50]
Login to get fewer ads

Two reasons to remain calm. on 07:29 - Apr 13 with 899 viewsshady

Boro are going to be almost exhausted as us;
Expecting few chances, possibly a mistake to decide it.
Boro had Hull away on Weds night arriving home after midnight.
Thursday with their wags and Friday long journey here.
For once we are luckier with the fixture Gods.

It's been plain to see how tired we are. We used up every drop of ourselves
to beat Soton and have since been running on empty.
Tired players show in less creativity;
fewer runs, less ball control, losing 50/50 balls.
...Not every time but slightly more than normal.

Plymouth result gives us a boost plus the fact that 2 weeks off are coming
(well not exactly 2 weeks but many more rest days)
plus the cavalry (Burns and Hirst) may return.

Lets somehow drag ourselves over the line today.
We have a proud home record and a win makes a huge statement.
We are mentally the strongest team in this league.
Two reasons to remain calm. on 07:37 - Apr 13 with 845 viewsfranz_tyson

Two reasons to remain calm. on 07:18 - Apr 13 by BlueOura

"We've just come of a embarrassingly crushing loss to our local rivals"

Aside from the poor grammar, that's a pretty awful take. It was a poor performance by our high standards, but still only a narrow 1-0 defeat.
[Post edited 13 Apr 7:50]

Ha ha...

'Aside from the poor grammar, that's a pretty awful take. It was a poor performance by our high standards but still only a narrow 1-0 defest.'

If you're looking for missing commas.... I suggest you put one before your 'but'.... for emphasis. And if you're going down Grammar Taliban Alley - how about spelling 'defeat' ( a six letter word) correctly. Surely, by your high standards spelling a six letter word is easier than leaving out a comma or using a 'a' instead of an 'an' ( my bad). Smug pr1ck.
Two reasons to remain calm. on 07:45 - Apr 13 with 801 viewsBlueOura

Two reasons to remain calm. on 07:37 - Apr 13 by franz_tyson

Ha ha...

'Aside from the poor grammar, that's a pretty awful take. It was a poor performance by our high standards but still only a narrow 1-0 defest.'

If you're looking for missing commas.... I suggest you put one before your 'but'.... for emphasis. And if you're going down Grammar Taliban Alley - how about spelling 'defeat' ( a six letter word) correctly. Surely, by your high standards spelling a six letter word is easier than leaving out a comma or using a 'a' instead of an 'an' ( my bad). Smug pr1ck.

So we are both bad at grammar then, but just you who has the overly negative take on the morning of a hugely important home match which we are more than capable of winnning.

Stay away from PR today please, we need positive people only. I suspect you are more likely to be at Deepdale though, so we should be ok.
[Post edited 13 Apr 7:49]
Two reasons to remain calm. on 08:05 - Apr 13 with 703 viewsfranz_tyson

Two reasons to remain calm. on 07:45 - Apr 13 by BlueOura

So we are both bad at grammar then, but just you who has the overly negative take on the morning of a hugely important home match which we are more than capable of winnning.

Stay away from PR today please, we need positive people only. I suspect you are more likely to be at Deepdale though, so we should be ok.
[Post edited 13 Apr 7:49]

Oh for God's sake. Stop the pretence. Massive difference between between realism and fake positivity. The OP was mentioning that fans would arrive expectant and to guard against over-confidence. However, I don't think fans will - I think there'll be nerves aplenty. By all means, go all out and back the team as best as one can, but i don't expect anyone to be over- confident and untouched by the last two games.

Fake positivity will only get you so far. You're already blaming others instead of having genuine faith in the team. Thats how 'positive' you are.. Its going to be nervy - why kid yourself?
Two reasons to remain calm. on 08:07 - Apr 13 with 694 viewssolemio

There were no mistakes of grammar, only of usage.
Two reasons to remain calm. on 08:15 - Apr 13 with 667 viewsBlueOura

Two reasons to remain calm. on 08:05 - Apr 13 by franz_tyson

Oh for God's sake. Stop the pretence. Massive difference between between realism and fake positivity. The OP was mentioning that fans would arrive expectant and to guard against over-confidence. However, I don't think fans will - I think there'll be nerves aplenty. By all means, go all out and back the team as best as one can, but i don't expect anyone to be over- confident and untouched by the last two games.

Fake positivity will only get you so far. You're already blaming others instead of having genuine faith in the team. Thats how 'positive' you are.. Its going to be nervy - why kid yourself?

"an embarrasingly crushing loss to our local rivals" is not realism though is it, it's an unnecessarily negative take, which is what I mainly picked you up on. Of course there will be some nerves today, but I personally believe we will win the game and will be cheering the boys on all the way to victory.
Two reasons to remain calm. on 08:34 - Apr 13 with 579 viewsRobTheMonk

Borough might be a good team to play. They have to actually try to get something from the game which will mean space to exploit for us.

Watford, especially in that second half, were just sitting deep and we sometimes stuggle against that type of setup.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024