Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season 16:26 - Apr 14 with 2301 viewsringwoodblue

Of course, it’s amazing to have only lost 6 games in the Championship at this stage of the season but I think if we had taken a few more risks and pushed a bit harder to win 2 or 3 of those games and maybe lost 2 or 3 others, we’d be 5-7 points ahead by now. I can see us drawing at least one more game of the last three if we don’t go all out for the win. Am I being unfair on McK and the team do you think?

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 20:47 - Apr 14 with 336 viewsVaughan8

The fact we draw games instead of losing is the reason we are top now......?

I'm unsure of games other than when we were truely beaten (i.e West Brom away, Leeds away) where we haven't tried for a win.

A really weird take with 3 games left.
[Post edited 14 Apr 20:48]
I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 20:55 - Apr 14 with 312 viewsWeWereZombies

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 20:47 - Apr 14 by Vaughan8

The fact we draw games instead of losing is the reason we are top now......?

I'm unsure of games other than when we were truely beaten (i.e West Brom away, Leeds away) where we haven't tried for a win.

A really weird take with 3 games left.
[Post edited 14 Apr 20:48]

In fairness to the OP they were advocating a more all out approach rather than the patient control of McKenna ball as a winning formula. I really enjoyed the Royle years but considering the flakey nerves some are exhibiting as this season draws to a close I think the don't worry about conceding, just score more than the opposition game plan would see a spate of heart attacks amongst the current support.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 20:56 - Apr 14 with 316 viewsReuser_is_God

A point clear at the top of the league with 3 games left.

Not good enough, too many draws.

Some people do not deserve to be watching what they’re currently seeing at PR.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 20:58 - Apr 14 with 305 viewsVaughan8

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 20:55 - Apr 14 by WeWereZombies

In fairness to the OP they were advocating a more all out approach rather than the patient control of McKenna ball as a winning formula. I really enjoyed the Royle years but considering the flakey nerves some are exhibiting as this season draws to a close I think the don't worry about conceding, just score more than the opposition game plan would see a spate of heart attacks amongst the current support.

Sorry, How have you got that from what is written?

He later posts about QPR at home. We were so bad in the game, with no striker, we were lucky to get a draw?

I'm totally confused what people want? We've scored loads of goals (at home specifically)
[Post edited 14 Apr 21:00]
I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 21:12 - Apr 14 with 279 viewsWeWereZombies

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 20:58 - Apr 14 by Vaughan8

Sorry, How have you got that from what is written?

He later posts about QPR at home. We were so bad in the game, with no striker, we were lucky to get a draw?

I'm totally confused what people want? We've scored loads of goals (at home specifically)
[Post edited 14 Apr 21:00]

True, ringwood did seem to change tune later in the thread. But such was the pile on I can understand a bit of wilting under pressure. I'm more than happy with the way things have gone this season but that doesn't mean that there is no room for improvement. As Lucan pointed out on another thread, our poor goal difference relative to Leicester and Leeds could see us stumble right at the death. Also, whilst I don't think McKenna has been 'found out' yet (in the way that Burley appeared to be in the second Premier League season) I can understand the point a few have made about there being no Plan B.

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 21:50 - Apr 14 with 256 viewspeterleeblue

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 21:12 - Apr 14 by WeWereZombies

True, ringwood did seem to change tune later in the thread. But such was the pile on I can understand a bit of wilting under pressure. I'm more than happy with the way things have gone this season but that doesn't mean that there is no room for improvement. As Lucan pointed out on another thread, our poor goal difference relative to Leicester and Leeds could see us stumble right at the death. Also, whilst I don't think McKenna has been 'found out' yet (in the way that Burley appeared to be in the second Premier League season) I can understand the point a few have made about there being no Plan B.

In reality Pep has probably been "found out".
He just keeps buying the best players who simply cant be stopped anyway.
I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 22:01 - Apr 14 with 254 viewsTrequartista

Do you not think we took risks to win the astonishing 26 games we have won, many by a single goal ?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 22:04 - Apr 14 with 250 viewsWeWereZombies

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 21:50 - Apr 14 by peterleeblue

In reality Pep has probably been "found out".
He just keeps buying the best players who simply cant be stopped anyway.

So George Burley ruined our club by not buying Erling Haaland and Phil Foden...

Login to get fewer ads

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 22:09 - Apr 14 with 246 viewspointofblue

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 22:04 - Apr 14 by WeWereZombies

So George Burley ruined our club by not buying Erling Haaland and Phil Foden...

Batistuta, surely?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 22:10 - Apr 14 with 244 viewsbournemouthblue

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 16:50 - Apr 14 by EastTownBlue

We scored a late goal at Rotherham, sadly they scored a later equaliser.

For QPR (but less so against Stoke) we were down to the bare bones with injuries, illness and Morsy’s suspension.

We still could have won that one had Ladapo taken his chances

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 22:16 - Apr 14 with 217 viewsWeWereZombies

I just have a nagging doubt that we’ve drawn too many games this season on 22:09 - Apr 14 by pointofblue

Batistuta, surely?

Good point but please don't call me Shirley...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024