Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Onana, pointless booking him 19:05 - Apr 21 with 1321 viewscbower

Already booked during the game for time-wasting, then continued to waste time. Booked in the shoot-out for what looked like exremely poor conduct but what was the consequence of that '2nd' yellow? Absolutely nothing. Apparently, the shoot-out doesn’t count, no sending off, not banned from the final . Was Sheaf affected by his 'sledging'? Who knows - wasn't nice to see such behaviour rewarded though. Can't stand United, hate City - poor Final.......again.

bluescouser

Onana, pointless booking him on 19:14 - Apr 21 with 1252 viewsNeedhamChris

Are you deliberately ignoring the sledging from the Coventry goalkeeper?

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Onana, pointless booking him on 19:29 - Apr 21 with 1176 viewssmithy69

In fairness the Cov keeper was going crazy and acrr the ending at Fernandez

You would assume he will be banned for the final, like Martinez??
Onana, pointless booking him on 19:40 - Apr 21 with 1123 viewspointofblue

Onana, pointless booking him on 19:29 - Apr 21 by smithy69

In fairness the Cov keeper was going crazy and acrr the ending at Fernandez

You would assume he will be banned for the final, like Martinez??

Think they said he wouldn't be.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Onana, pointless booking him on 19:42 - Apr 21 with 1110 viewstonybied

Onana, pointless booking him on 19:40 - Apr 21 by pointofblue

Think they said he wouldn't be.

Yep, Twaterface commented that the FA had confirmed he wouldn't be banned for the final.
Onana, pointless booking him on 19:55 - Apr 21 with 1069 viewsUSA

Onana should’ve had a second yellow immediately after the first in the 90minutes. Got booked then just went and had a drink. Piss take or what
Onana, pointless booking him on 20:07 - Apr 21 with 1014 viewsMark

It doesn't make sense to me why a second yellow card in the shootout wouldn't result in a red card, as it is part of the match. Surely a sub-keeper could come on if available, or a player could go in goal.
Onana, pointless booking him on 09:54 - Apr 22 with 528 viewsRadlett_blue

Onana, pointless booking him on 19:55 - Apr 21 by USA

Onana should’ve had a second yellow immediately after the first in the 90minutes. Got booked then just went and had a drink. Piss take or what

A total joke, Like keepers generally keep wasting time in a normal game if the score is favourable, because they know the referee isn't going to give them a second yellow.
Behaviour from keepers at shoot-outs has become unbearable, largely becasue they know there is no sanction against it.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Onana, pointless booking him on 10:12 - Apr 22 with 492 viewscbower

Onana, pointless booking him on 19:14 - Apr 21 by NeedhamChris

Are you deliberately ignoring the sledging from the Coventry goalkeeper?

No but the referee did not see fit to book him, as far as I remember he had not been booked previously in the game and United scored 4 of their penalties so his 'sledging' had less 'potential' impact. You seem to want to ignore my main point, the pointlessness of the booking if it had no impact.

bluescouser

Login to get fewer ads

Onana, pointless booking him on 10:14 - Apr 22 with 479 viewscbower

Onana, pointless booking him on 20:07 - Apr 21 by Mark

It doesn't make sense to me why a second yellow card in the shootout wouldn't result in a red card, as it is part of the match. Surely a sub-keeper could come on if available, or a player could go in goal.

Totally agree. It was, infact, THE decisive part of the match!

bluescouser

Onana, pointless booking him on 11:26 - Apr 22 with 397 viewsNeedhamChris

Onana, pointless booking him on 10:12 - Apr 22 by cbower

No but the referee did not see fit to book him, as far as I remember he had not been booked previously in the game and United scored 4 of their penalties so his 'sledging' had less 'potential' impact. You seem to want to ignore my main point, the pointlessness of the booking if it had no impact.

I didn't want to ignore it, just felt the partisan nature of the end of your post undermined it.

I don't think you can argue it had less impact just because of the result, they're just better players and more likely to deal with it.

I wouldn't say it was 100% pointless though, as issuing that yellow makes the continuation of the sledging unlikely (so it does have an impact, albeit not the most significant)

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024