Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are Leicester allowed to get away with no points deduction this season 07:23 - Apr 23 with 967 viewsnodge_blue

Am I right in saying that they submitted their accounts deliberately late so as to avoid prosecution this year?

All leaves a bad taste that them and Leeds can have the squads they have based on a total disregard for the FFP rules which we are sticking to.

Points deductions will happen, but they should have been applied this year. We probably wont go up now and a huge factor will be that. If every relegated side keeps repeating that trick of not submitting accounts in time then they will forever just keep gaming the system. I’d love us to do this if only just to get the under dogs fighting back against this whole rotten system. Nottingham Forest will be the next lot.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Why are Leicester allowed to get away with no points deduction this season on 07:26 - Apr 23 with 942 viewsNeedhamChris

I don't disagree with the general point.

I do think it's a bit tinpot that these threads (not yours in particular) only seem to emerge after we fail to win or good results for Leeds and Leicester.

It isn't fair, but neither are parachute payments in the first place. It's one to discuss post-the playoffs for me.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Why are Leicester allowed to get away with no points deduction this season on 07:33 - Apr 23 with 910 viewsnodge_blue

Why are Leicester allowed to get away with no points deduction this season on 07:26 - Apr 23 by NeedhamChris

I do think it's a bit tinpot that these threads (not yours in particular) only seem to emerge after we fail to win or good results for Leeds and Leicester.

It isn't fair, but neither are parachute payments in the first place. It's one to discuss post-the playoffs for me.

Well I am bitter today I can’t deny it. Parachute payments are fair but they are excessive these days compared to when we went down and it crippled us. 20 years ago relegation was so severe it put us in administration. Today it seems clubs carry on like they are a premiership team and game the system.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Why are Leicester allowed to get away with no points deduction this season on 07:36 - Apr 23 with 894 viewsblueislander

The offense occurred while they were a Premier club. The EFL have no jurisdiction to deal with it, so can’t impose a fine. That doesn’t make it right though.
Why are Leicester allowed to get away with no points deduction this season on 07:43 - Apr 23 with 860 viewsEuropablue

Why are Leicester allowed to get away with no points deduction this season on 07:36 - Apr 23 by blueislander

The offense occurred while they were a Premier club. The EFL have no jurisdiction to deal with it, so can’t impose a fine. That doesn’t make it right though.

The irony is that if Leicester go up they will have to pay over the odds for player wages because players will need an extra bit of convincing to move to a club starting with a 10 point deduction (it will probably only be 3 because they made an example out of Everton already). Depending on the deduction Leicester are going to have to be much better than this season and they will need new players for that.
Hopefully the loop hole is closed because it's nonsense that a punishment could only be applied when the club get promoted back into the Premier League. For us that would have been over 20 years (and counting).
Why are Leicester allowed to get away with no points deduction this season on 07:50 - Apr 23 with 802 viewsITFC_Forever

Why are Leicester allowed to get away with no points deduction this season on 07:36 - Apr 23 by blueislander

That is the correct answer.

But the rules should be applicable no matter which league you are in.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Why are Leicester allowed to get away with no points deduction this season on 07:56 - Apr 23 with 766 viewsBuhrer

Why are Leicester allowed to get away with no points deduction this season on 07:26 - Apr 23 by NeedhamChris

Its been discussed from all angles since it was an issue, and it's not "tinpot" to focus on it as it becomes pertinent. Discussions after the fact would seem to favour the progress of cheats. I do find an adult telling strangers when they should discuss something patronising and .... tinpot.
Why are Leicester allowed to get away with no points deduction this season on 09:28 - Apr 23 with 646 viewsPinewoodblue

Leicester set out to play the system.

It was just a year ago they changed their end of financial year from end of May to end of June. They have also taken advantage of the fact that EPL & EFL don’t have any watertight agreement that allows any punishment dished out by one to be applied by the other.

Seems almost guaranteed that they will also have significantly overspent for 2023/24.

Hopefully in the long run they will find that they are worse off. Points deduction , if promoted, further points deduction when relegated end of next season. Cheats should never be allowed to prosper.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Why are Leicester allowed to get away with no points deduction this season on 09:40 - Apr 23 with 602 viewsChurchman

Why are Leicester allowed to get away with no points deduction this season on 07:43 - Apr 23 by Europablue

The irony is that if Leicester go up they will have to pay over the odds for player wages because players will need an extra bit of convincing to move to a club starting with a 10 point deduction (it will probably only be 3 because they made an example out of Everton already). Depending on the deduction Leicester are going to have to be much better than this season and they will need new players for that.
Hopefully the loop hole is closed because it's nonsense that a punishment could only be applied when the club get promoted back into the Premier League. For us that would have been over 20 years (and counting).

Any points deduction will commuted to a nominal amount. Say two. Interesting how they keep adjusting Everton’s penalty to keep them above the unwanted scum at the bottom of the PL. The PL money flowing in to Leicester will more than compensate for any token fine. They laughed at the rules, just as a lot of clubs do, in full knowledge it was worth it. They’ve got form on this.

It is ludicrous that clubs can be allowed compete in the EFL with PL money in the way they do. Add to that a club that financially cheated in the PL being allowed to bring most of that dishonestly acquired squad into the championship and it becomes a joke.

The EFL can create any rules it wishes. But let’s face it, they do whatever the PL tell them for fear of crumbs from the masters’ table being withdrawn.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024