Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brighton 11:10 - May 22 with 5398 viewsAnsty

Cant quite believe i would see the day where we lost our manager to brighton in their identikit stadium on an industrial estate.

No history, no soul.

sad day.

Poll: Who would you prefer as ITFC manager....an example of how far we have come.

Brighton on 12:58 - May 22 with 958 viewsPhilTWTD

Brighton on 12:48 - May 22 by giant_stow

Man U have nothing left to lose - they ought to be going all out for your man, with a remit to rip it up and start again - same as he did for yous.

Is he that sort of manager? They should appoint Paul Cook if that's what they want.
Brighton on 13:01 - May 22 with 933 viewsLankHenners

Brighton on 12:51 - May 22 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Surely he wouldn’t want the Chelsea job - they are an absolute comedy of a club. Boehly is utterly clueless at running a football club.

The longevity of their managers is seriously short. I get there is the safety net of a huge payoff, and sitting around in the garden for a couple of years like Potter, but that doesn’t feel like something KM would want to contemplate. There’d presumably have to be some cast iron guarantees for him to take it, which I doubt they’d be willing to offer a manager who’s not yet worked in the top flight.

You'd think the case of Potter would be a cautionary tale - took over from a coach who was popular with the players and fans, never managed to win either of them over despite his best efforts, then was dispensed with by the impatient and incompetent owners. McKenna would be in danger of following the same path.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Brighton on 13:03 - May 22 with 892 viewsSharkey

Brighton on 12:22 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

Not sure, think there was an element of Brighton believing they were going to get him prematurely and leaks along those lines coming from there. But still not sure we're completely out of the woods on that front.

I'm with you on Chelsea and Man U, I think he'd be too much of a gamble for their owners.

I'm surprised the Palace manager isn't more in the conversation. If he went to Chelsea or elsewhere, then the Palace job would be vacant again. I'm not saying Palace are any more attractive than Brighton to a young manager, though they do seem to have a supremely good catchment area for young talent, but they would also be scouting for a new manager of a similar caliber, so the game of musical chairs would just stretch on and on. (And nobody could accuse Palace of having an 'identikit stadium', yet.)
Brighton on 13:05 - May 22 with 857 viewsITFCBlues

Brighton on 13:03 - May 22 by Sharkey

I'm surprised the Palace manager isn't more in the conversation. If he went to Chelsea or elsewhere, then the Palace job would be vacant again. I'm not saying Palace are any more attractive than Brighton to a young manager, though they do seem to have a supremely good catchment area for young talent, but they would also be scouting for a new manager of a similar caliber, so the game of musical chairs would just stretch on and on. (And nobody could accuse Palace of having an 'identikit stadium', yet.)

He's only been there 6 months & believe Bayern were quoted 100m if they want him. Suspect there is no release clause for him, like there is for KM.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Brighton on 13:06 - May 22 with 850 viewsBrightonBlue

Not sure, think there was an element of Brighton believing they were going to get him prematurely and leaks along those lines coming from there. But still not sure we're completely out of the woods on that front.

I'm with you on Chelsea and Man U, I think he'd be too much of a gamble for their owners.

Sounds reminiscent of Robson and Everton
Brighton on 13:06 - May 22 with 844 viewsDBaldy

We haven't seen that day yet, unless you've got a time machine?

If not, then all of the chat is nothing more than speculation at this point.
Brighton on 13:30 - May 22 with 730 viewsSitfcB

Perhaps they thought they were going to get him easily but then they spoke to Mark Ashton

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Brighton on 13:31 - May 22 with 706 viewsRedX

Enzo after passing McKenna in the Chelsea betting list.

Login to get fewer ads

Brighton on 13:34 - May 22 with 681 viewspointofblue

Brighton on 12:48 - May 22 by giant_stow

Man U have nothing left to lose - they ought to be going all out for your man, with a remit to rip it up and start again - same as he did for yous.

He didn't. Cook did the "rip it apart" bit of the rebuild. Out of the team which went up most of the players were bought by him too.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Brighton on 13:39 - May 22 with 634 viewsIP4_Blue

Do you know if any announcements due tomorrow morning at Portman Road?
Brighton on 13:42 - May 22 with 608 viewsTheBoyBlue

And a gamble for KM too. He doesn't even have to do badly at either and he could be out of a job within months.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024