Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ot- About Barcelona 13:55 - May 22 with 1897 viewswilsondavid

I will be in Barcelona next month to attend a seminar. I will be staying there for a few days. I was wondering if Camp Nou is open for tours or if it's still closed for renovation. I found online that a certain section is still open. Also, if possible, can you guys recommend some places to visit in the meantime apart from those main tourist attractions?
Ot- About Barcelona on 14:01 - May 22 with 1569 viewsStokieBlue

Pretty sure it's closed at the moment and they have a virtual tour which is obviously pointless.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Ot- About Barcelona on 14:04 - May 22 with 1553 viewsTarragonaBlue

The club museum will most likely be open but I don't think camp Nou will reopen till around December.

I can give you some tips on places to visit. I've lived in a city an hour south of Barcelona for over 10 years now so know it pretty well. Whereabouts are you staying and what kind of things are you into?
Ot- About Barcelona on 14:07 - May 22 with 1539 viewsdavblue

don't wear an expensive watch about, my mate had his torn of his wrist last year and have your wits about you.

Go to the W hotel for drinks and a chill out, it's really nice place to go by the beach and it's a nice atmosphere.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/spain/catalonia/barcelona
Ot- About Barcelona on 14:21 - May 22 with 1485 viewsleitrimblue

Ot- About Barcelona on 14:04 - May 22 by TarragonaBlue

The club museum will most likely be open but I don't think camp Nou will reopen till around December.

I can give you some tips on places to visit. I've lived in a city an hour south of Barcelona for over 10 years now so know it pretty well. Whereabouts are you staying and what kind of things are you into?

There much of a Town supporters club around Tarragona?
Ot- About Barcelona on 14:23 - May 22 with 1479 viewsfooters

Ot- About Barcelona on 14:21 - May 22 by leitrimblue

I don't think they have the thyme for all that...

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Ot- About Barcelona on 14:24 - May 22 with 1466 viewsleitrimblue

Ot- About Barcelona on 14:23 - May 22 by footers

Ot- About Barcelona on 14:28 - May 22 with 1442 viewsblueasfook

Just the museum to see at the moment with some crappy virtual tour. I think might be another year before the Nou Camp refurb is complete. But dont worry, there are many more cool things to do in Barca. I'd recommend a city bike tour. Great way to see the sites around the city.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Ot- About Barcelona on 14:29 - May 22 with 1430 viewsleitrimblue

Ot- About Barcelona on 14:23 - May 22 by footers

If I could name another herb I would attempt a witty reply
Login to get fewer ads

Ot- About Barcelona on 14:34 - May 22 with 1412 viewsfooters

Ot- About Barcelona on 14:29 - May 22 by leitrimblue

If I could name another herb I would attempt a witty reply

In that case, keeping schtum is very sage.

Ot- About Barcelona on 14:40 - May 22 with 1394 viewsleitrimblue

Ot- About Barcelona on 14:34 - May 22 by footers

In that case, keeping schtum is very sage.

Genuis
Where's Tarragona gone with my reply?

They appears to be completely oblivious to how important this is to my potential future wellbeing
Ot- About Barcelona on 14:49 - May 22 with 1370 viewsfooters

Ot- About Barcelona on 14:40 - May 22 by leitrimblue

Genuis
Where's Tarragona gone with my reply?

They appears to be completely oblivious to how important this is to my potential future wellbeing

Broken Britain, mate.

I blame all the ASBO yobs and Thatcher.

Ot- About Barcelona on 15:10 - May 22 with 1346 viewssoupytwist

You could stand on the beach and watch the America's Cup yachts zooming up and down doing their training.

There's a whole America's Cup experience thing in the marina, which might not be any good but it's a temporary thing so if you want to have a look at it now's the time.

More here:
Ot- About Barcelona on 15:12 - May 22 with 1327 viewsjayessess

Last time I went, we booked a food tour with a company called Culinary Backstreets. Bit pricey but really incredible way of seeing bits of the city that weren't in the tour guides (they took us round different places in Sants, the neighbourhood near the main train station).

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Ot- About Barcelona on 15:15 - May 22 with 1314 viewsleitrimblue

Ot- About Barcelona on 14:49 - May 22 by footers

Broken Britain, mate.

I blame all the ASBO yobs and Thatcher.

Apparently since I left a salad cream an tinned sardine epidemic as devastated many a community as well.
Ot- About Barcelona on 15:18 - May 22 with 1305 viewsTarragonaBlue

Ot- About Barcelona on 14:21 - May 22 by leitrimblue

I wish! I've met 0 in my time here. But know there's a chap who runs a bar around 30km south of Tarragona who is a Town fan. Haven't been able to go though unfortunately. Although I have bombarded all my friends and students with ITFC knowledge since arriving so we are fairly well know in these parts now!
Ot- About Barcelona on 15:44 - May 22 with 1271 viewsleitrimblue

Ot- About Barcelona on 15:18 - May 22 by TarragonaBlue

I wish! I've met 0 in my time here. But know there's a chap who runs a bar around 30km south of Tarragona who is a Town fan. Haven't been able to go though unfortunately. Although I have bombarded all my friends and students with ITFC knowledge since arriving so we are fairly well know in these parts now!

Cool. 30 km south? Tell me there's a bar around
L'Hospitalet de l'Infant or Miami platja that's gonna show town matches?
Ot- About Barcelona on 15:48 - May 22 with 1255 viewsTarragonaBlue

Ot- About Barcelona on 15:44 - May 22 by leitrimblue

Cool. 30 km south? Tell me there's a bar around
L'Hospitalet de l'Infant or Miami platja that's gonna show town matches?

I believe you have hit the jackpot. It's on Miami Platja I think. Can't remember the name of the place but the owner is called Rodney. There won't be many people there called that so should be easy enough to find if you ask around. Do you live there?
Ot- About Barcelona on 16:04 - May 22 with 1205 viewsleitrimblue

Ot- About Barcelona on 15:48 - May 22 by TarragonaBlue

I believe you have hit the jackpot. It's on Miami Platja I think. Can't remember the name of the place but the owner is called Rodney. There won't be many people there called that so should be easy enough to find if you ask around. Do you live there?

Supreme .
I don't live there but may spend a bit of time there over the next year or 2.
Family owns a large piece of land there and we sorta deciding what to do with it this year.
1 or 2 options do involve us moving over there for a while
Ot- About Barcelona on 17:57 - May 22 with 1145 viewsTarragonaBlue

Ot- About Barcelona on 16:04 - May 22 by leitrimblue

Supreme .
I don't live there but may spend a bit of time there over the next year or 2.
Family owns a large piece of land there and we sorta deciding what to do with it this year.
1 or 2 options do involve us moving over there for a while

Nice. It's a lovely part of the world. If you need any advice while there or to meet up for Town games give me a shout!
Ot- About Barcelona on 11:39 - May 23 with 969 viewswilsondavid

Ot- About Barcelona on 14:04 - May 22 by TarragonaBlue

I know the sagrada, Casa Battlo. May be recommend some place that has lesser tourists.
Ot- About Barcelona on 11:41 - May 23 with 961 viewswilsondavid

Ot- About Barcelona on 14:28 - May 22 by blueasfook

Just the museum to see at the moment with some crappy virtual tour. I think might be another year before the Nou Camp refurb is complete. But dont worry, there are many more cool things to do in Barca. I'd recommend a city bike tour. Great way to see the sites around the city.

It sounds fun. Do you know any local bike rental shops?
Ot- About Barcelona on 11:42 - May 23 with 957 viewsleitrimblue

Ot- About Barcelona on 17:57 - May 22 by TarragonaBlue

Nice. It's a lovely part of the world. If you need any advice while there or to meet up for Town games give me a shout!

Cool, thanks, may well hold yer to that. See if we can't find Rodney's bar
Ot- About Barcelona on 11:47 - May 23 with 939 viewswilsondavid

Ot- About Barcelona on 15:12 - May 22 by jayessess

Last time I went, we booked a food tour with a company called Culinary Backstreets. Bit pricey but really incredible way of seeing bits of the city that weren't in the tour guides (they took us round different places in Sants, the neighbourhood near the main train station).

Can you please share their contact information? I have also checked some guide sites https://gowithguide.com/spain/barcelona I might eventually go on a one- or two-day guided tour. 
Ot- About Barcelona on 11:48 - May 23 with 935 viewswilsondavid

Ot- About Barcelona on 15:10 - May 22 by soupytwist

You could stand on the beach and watch the America's Cup yachts zooming up and down doing their training.

There's a whole America's Cup experience thing in the marina, which might not be any good but it's a temporary thing so if you want to have a look at it now's the time.

More here:

Thanks for sharing Soupy, I will check it out
Ot- About Barcelona on 11:51 - May 23 with 912 viewsjayessess

Ot- About Barcelona on 11:47 - May 23 by wilsondavid

Can you please share their contact information? I have also checked some guide sites https://gowithguide.com/spain/barcelona I might eventually go on a one- or two-day guided tour. 

Here's the company: https://culinarybackstreets.com/

If the tours are a big much, the recommendations they put up are also usually spot on. They're usually very small groups (2-6 people).

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024