Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna 09:52 - May 23 with 6903 viewsGlasgowBlue

The board is becoming unreadable with the same overreactions and repetitive slagging off Keiren and his staff, based on very little confirmed information we are getting.

There are two or three interesting threads which have gone on for multiple pages, such as Joe’s, but any other subject is being pushed down the board by the endless”I’ll lose all respect for McKenna” type blubs.

Perhaps a sticky asking people to join Joe’s thread rather than start another one would help.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:16 - May 23 with 1238 viewsCrayonKing

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:04 - May 23 by marchy

Incredible what reaction dignified silence inspires in some people nowadays.

While KM may have personally kept a dignified silence his agents sure as hell haven't!
Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:18 - May 23 with 1196 viewsGuthrum

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:13 - May 23 by bluejacko

While there are a few getting stupid the reality is this can be put to bed very quickly! He is after all still under contract to us and no matter what his agent is doing KMc can shut this down with three words “I am staying”! It definitely is not a good look for us or him the way this is going.

But why should he say that, especially before he's had a chance to really study any offers which might come in? It's also the default position until something changes.

I don't see how it is a 'bad look'. He's not said anything either way over speculation/interest which may happen repeatedly from now on (and has already been for some time, e.g. Palace). The club comes across, if at all, as battling to keep their brilliant, acclaimed and sought-after young manager.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:20 - May 23 with 1186 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:16 - May 23 by pointofblue

As much as I can understand why posters are saying ignore the press etc. that’s where the speculation and questioning comes from. Before social media (and COVID) it’d be done in offices, at the bookies or in pubs - most importantly in narrow social circles which would normally be echo chambers or disagreements would be worked through. Now, it’s a case of strangers who, for the most part, barely know each other, look to sneer and put each other down at every opportunity because they can’t agree.

How well humans have come on as a race.

I don't think anyone's saying ignore the press, just don't throw your toys out of the pram (and especially don't attack McKenna) for it.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:20 - May 23 with 1172 viewsSwailsey

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:18 - May 23 by Guthrum

But why should he say that, especially before he's had a chance to really study any offers which might come in? It's also the default position until something changes.

I don't see how it is a 'bad look'. He's not said anything either way over speculation/interest which may happen repeatedly from now on (and has already been for some time, e.g. Palace). The club comes across, if at all, as battling to keep their brilliant, acclaimed and sought-after young manager.

I think it’s more the agent that’s a bad look, and how that will reflect on him? I don’t remember a manager courting like this, and if this was another club I’d feel for the fans.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:20 - May 23 with 1166 viewsbazza

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 09:57 - May 23 by PhilTWTD

Think it's difficult as things develop, thought last night was quite interesting with stories from nationals being posted in separate threads. Also the very long threads don't work well in thread view and slow the board down to a crawl.

And it beats the normal endless posts of squabbling..
Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:21 - May 23 with 1150 viewsGuthrum

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:16 - May 23 by CrayonKing

While KM may have personally kept a dignified silence his agents sure as hell haven't!

How do we know that? All the stories have been other clubs lusting after him, not the other way around. Those clubs do have vacancies and he's exactly the type of person who is going to be of interest to them. Whatever McKenna or his agents might think.

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:22 - May 23 with 1125 viewsSwailsey

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:21 - May 23 by Guthrum

How do we know that? All the stories have been other clubs lusting after him, not the other way around. Those clubs do have vacancies and he's exactly the type of person who is going to be of interest to them. Whatever McKenna or his agents might think.

A few pretty reliable sources on here have said that’s where the noise is coming from, and it’s not being received well internally.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:23 - May 23 with 1119 viewsNthQldITFC

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:03 - May 23 by GlasgowBlue

The bloke is being absolutely hammered by some based on very little. It’s quite revealing.

Bear in mind, if I can say this delicately, that many of those who are doing the hammering are irregular or newish posters and some, just a few perhaps, may not be entirely focussed on the proper side of East Anglian football. Nothing specific, but there's always a bit of it.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:24 - May 23 with 1094 viewspointofblue

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:20 - May 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

I don't think anyone's saying ignore the press, just don't throw your toys out of the pram (and especially don't attack McKenna) for it.

The one thing I would say is these stories come from somewhere. I think, reading between the lines - and am willing to be corrected - Phil’s impression is it’s from McKenna’s agent. If that is the case, then McKenna either can’t or is happy not to halt the speculation being created by him. The power of agents in football potentially rears it’s ugly head again.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:25 - May 23 with 1088 viewsCrayonKing

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:21 - May 23 by Guthrum

No football journalist is going to burn bridges with the hottest young manager in football by making stuff up about him. These stories, particularly the ones with "... understands" are going out with a nod from his agent.
Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:25 - May 23 with 1078 viewslizzibee

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 09:56 - May 23 by SitfcB

Can we just shut the forum down for a week? Let it all blow over?

And go to the Winchester?
Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:25 - May 23 with 1079 viewsGuthrum

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:20 - May 23 by Swailsey

I think it’s more the agent that’s a bad look, and how that will reflect on him? I don’t remember a manager courting like this, and if this was another club I’d feel for the fans.

More like people don't remember us being on the receiving end of a manager courting like this. We're unused to being at the centre of the maelstrom. Hardly the first club to have our manager poached by bigger or more established clubs.

Besides which, talents like McKenna don't emerge all the time.

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:26 - May 23 with 1082 viewsLankHenners

Eh? One of the longest threads on here about the subject is one from the BBC claiming he'll reject a deal here and wants to move on. Plenty of stories have been from the perspective of McKenna being interested in moving.

Clear as day a lot of the noise is coming from his camp one way or another.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:28 - May 23 with 1021 viewsGuthrum

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:25 - May 23 by CrayonKing

No football journalist is going to burn bridges with the hottest young manager in football by making stuff up about him. These stories, particularly the ones with "... understands" are going out with a nod from his agent.

The stories aren't being made up. Brighton, Chelsea and possibly others do want to take our manager. There is a battle to keep him. There doesn't need to be any encouragement from agents.

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:29 - May 23 with 1006 viewsbelgablue

Think we can put a lof of this down to 24hr news cycles, social media, click bait and increased exposure from being successful and now a premier league club.

Expecting (hoping) it will all blow over within a week or so with McK getting us set for a tilt at the title.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:30 - May 23 with 987 viewsSitfcB

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:16 - May 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

You've been sailing a bit close to the edge yourself Sitters!..

"Really don’t want things to turn sour towards them but can’t see it going any other way now…"

I also said if McKenna goes to Chelsea then he’s not the man I thought he was.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:35 - May 23 with 928 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 09:57 - May 23 by PhilTWTD

Think it's difficult as things develop, thought last night was quite interesting with stories from nationals being posted in separate threads. Also the very long threads don't work well in thread view and slow the board down to a crawl.

Morning Phil - if you’re willing to speculate, what do you think the real state of play and probable outcome? You’re usually bang on, so would love to know
[Post edited 23 May 10:38]

Poll: Is Billm….

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:37 - May 23 with 901 viewspointofblue

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:28 - May 23 by Guthrum

The stories aren't being made up. Brighton, Chelsea and possibly others do want to take our manager. There is a battle to keep him. There doesn't need to be any encouragement from agents.

Think the claim and counterclaims about being made up are surrounding the “come and get me” articles.

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:38 - May 23 with 880 viewsGuthrum

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:26 - May 23 by LankHenners

Eh? One of the longest threads on here about the subject is one from the BBC claiming he'll reject a deal here and wants to move on. Plenty of stories have been from the perspective of McKenna being interested in moving.

Clear as day a lot of the noise is coming from his camp one way or another.

One article, written by a known Norwich fan.

Most of them have been opinion pieces saying he's likely to leave because Ipswich "will" struggle in the Prem ("look at Burnley").

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:43 - May 23 with 808 viewsbluejacko

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:18 - May 23 by Guthrum

We all knew he was going to move on to bigger things! This endless speculation is what is doing peoples heads in! If a club made an approach for him properly then it would be down to him to accept or decline and I reckon most people would wish him well but this silence is not helping him or us is it?
Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:44 - May 23 with 791 viewspointofblue

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:38 - May 23 by Guthrum

Most of them have been opinion pieces saying he's likely to leave because Ipswich "will" struggle in the Prem ("look at Burnley").

The Mail (yes, I know), Daily Star (yeah, ok) and Evening Standard are both backing it up. It’s not just from the BBC.

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:47 - May 23 with 746 viewsBlueNomad

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:38 - May 23 by Guthrum

Look at us in 2001 - not Burnley

They must be loving this bickering and bed wetting up the road!
Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:47 - May 23 with 742 viewsGuthrum

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:37 - May 23 by pointofblue

Think the claim and counterclaims about being made up are surrounding the “come and get me” articles.

Which "come and get me" articles? There's been a lot of opinion pieces, all saying much the same thing about him being under consideration - which he undoubtedly is. People were muttering about him and Brighton on here even during the season (e.g. should we not go up). All saying much the same thing about us possibly struggling in the Prem and a relegation denting McKenna's prospects. Which is hardly deep insight, let alone def info.

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:49 - May 23 with 715 viewsLankHenners

It was one example of several and that he's a Norwich fan who's happy to help whip up a storm is probably why the 'rejecting a new deal' angle was pushed his way.

Think it's naive in the extreme and completely deluded to think all the noise is coming from external places.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:51 - May 23 with 681 viewspointofblue

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:47 - May 23 by Guthrum

Which "come and get me" articles? There's been a lot of opinion pieces, all saying much the same thing about him being under consideration - which he undoubtedly is. People were muttering about him and Brighton on here even during the season (e.g. should we not go up). All saying much the same thing about us possibly struggling in the Prem and a relegation denting McKenna's prospects. Which is hardly deep insight, let alone def info.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-fc-next-manager-mckenna-ipswic

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13449069/Kieran-McKenna-Mauri

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c3ggpj1j4y7o

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024