Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carlos Corberán 14:21 - May 23 with 1750 viewsBiGDonnie

How about young Carlos if KM goes?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Carlos Corberán on 14:37 - May 23 with 1685 viewsAsa

From various mates and messaging groups I have seen Rosenior, Corberan, Russell Martin (yes really!), Cifuentes and Rohl all mentioned as people they'd like to see take over.

I honestly think even if we'd lured Ronaldo to League One and Messi to the Championship, such was the power of Ashton and the ownership, that people would still be suggesting we go for someone we finished above last season.

IF McKenna leaves I fully expect Ashton to have someone lined up that we'll all be like bloody hell how has he managed that. Not the managerial equivalent of what would have been us going for Colby Bishop last summer.
Carlos Corberán on 14:50 - May 23 with 1558 viewsDinDjarin

Carlos Corberán on 14:37 - May 23 by Asa

From various mates and messaging groups I have seen Rosenior, Corberan, Russell Martin (yes really!), Cifuentes and Rohl all mentioned as people they'd like to see take over.

I honestly think even if we'd lured Ronaldo to League One and Messi to the Championship, such was the power of Ashton and the ownership, that people would still be suggesting we go for someone we finished above last season.

IF McKenna leaves I fully expect Ashton to have someone lined up that we'll all be like bloody hell how has he managed that. Not the managerial equivalent of what would have been us going for Colby Bishop last summer.

Potter to Brighton
Maresca to Chelsea
Man United keep same manager

Lump on
Carlos Corberán on 14:56 - May 23 with 1499 viewsN2_Blue

Carlos Corberán on 14:50 - May 23 by DinDjarin

Potter to Brighton
Maresca to Chelsea
Man United keep same manager

Lump on

zero out of three

Brighton - don't know
Chelsea - don't know (won't be Mckenna)
United - Pochetino

ETH already knows he is being relieved of his duties after cup final.

Mckenna stays at Ipswch - if he does go, think we'll do a lot to tempt Potter

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Carlos Corberán on 15:10 - May 23 with 1396 viewsdavblue

are Ashton's managerial appointments that great that he can't fail?

At Bristol City he had;

Lee Johnson - wasn't his appointment
Dean Holden - Failure - lasted 7 months
Nigel Pearson - done ok, nothing more worked under Ashton for a few months

McKenna - obviously a success

His record is ok, but nothing more than that IMO, not sure where this narrative is that he can do no wrong.

He's done well here, aided by an appointment of a special manager, but McKenna's aren't that common.
Carlos Corberán on 15:13 - May 23 with 1362 viewsBiGDonnie

Carlos Corberán on 15:10 - May 23 by davblue

At Bristol City he had;

His record is ok, but nothing more than that IMO, not sure where this narrative is that he can do no wrong.

He's done well here, aided by an appointment of a special manager, but McKenna's aren't that common.

Or he's learnt as he's become more experienced? You're only as good as your last/current appointment?

COYBs

Carlos Corberán on 15:14 - May 23 with 1342 viewsBiGDonnie

If we were championship I'd go for Rosenior but not now we're in the Prem.

Cifuentes or Rohl I'd be happy with.

Russell no.

COYBs

Carlos Corberán on 15:14 - May 23 with 1331 viewsAsa

At Bristol City he had;

How many of those were in the Premier League backed by incredibly ambitious owners at a club that would be incredibly attractive to a great many top managers.

There are only ever 20 clubs in what is considered the best league in the world. There are a lot of outstanding managers in France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Holland that manage top clubs that would jump at the chance to come to England.

Villa got Emery when they were in the relegation zone. Everton got Ancelotti! Not suggesting we'd get a manager of that quality, but we are going to be attractive enough to get a very reputable manager or coach.

We aren't looking at the likes of Lee Johnson or Dean Holden.
Carlos Corberán on 15:23 - May 23 with 1207 viewsWacko

At Bristol City he had;

He's definitely got better but he also "discovered" Rodgers for Watford

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Login to get fewer ads

Carlos Corberán on 15:45 - May 23 with 1098 viewsdavblue

Carlos Corberán on 15:14 - May 23 by Asa

How many of those were in the Premier League backed by incredibly ambitious owners at a club that would be incredibly attractive to a great many top managers.

There are only ever 20 clubs in what is considered the best league in the world. There are a lot of outstanding managers in France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Holland that manage top clubs that would jump at the chance to come to England.

Villa got Emery when they were in the relegation zone. Everton got Ancelotti! Not suggesting we'd get a manager of that quality, but we are going to be attractive enough to get a very reputable manager or coach.

We aren't looking at the likes of Lee Johnson or Dean Holden.

you can only go on a track record, which is in and out tbh. You aren't going to get every appointment right, that's life but he's not a messiah some make him out to be.

Just to be clear I'm a fan of the guy, think he's exactly what the club needed.
Carlos Corberán on 15:45 - May 23 with 1075 viewsdavblue

Carlos Corberán on 15:13 - May 23 by BiGDonnie

Or he's learnt as he's become more experienced? You're only as good as your last/current appointment?

very possible!
Carlos Corberán on 16:05 - May 23 with 978 viewsDubtractor

No to Corberan from me.

Him jumping around on the sidelines all game, whilst playing safety first football, not for me thanks!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Carlos Corberán on 16:15 - May 23 with 930 viewsGlasgowBlue

One name not mentioned is Mark Robbins. Not saying he should get the job but surprised he doesn't get included in the chatter.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Carlos Corberán on 16:24 - May 23 with 857 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Quite a boring brand of football.
Carlos Corberán on 16:27 - May 23 with 826 viewsDubtractor

Carlos Corberán on 16:15 - May 23 by GlasgowBlue

One name not mentioned is Mark Robbins. Not saying he should get the job but surprised he doesn't get included in the chatter.

Ex budgie.

Good manager, but I wonder if that baggage would be an issue.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Carlos Corberán on 16:35 - May 23 with 793 viewsBlueBadger

He did a terrible job leading the Labour party, why would we want him managing ITFC?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Carlos Corberán on 17:00 - May 23 with 719 viewsleitrimblue

Carlos Corberán on 16:35 - May 23 by BlueBadger

He did a terrible job leading the Labour party, why would we want him managing ITFC?

Yer getting confused Badger. Carlos Corberan was the lead singer of Nirvana
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024