Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh my god - another McKenna thread, but here goes. 23:03 - May 23 with 1018 viewsLord_Lucan

If we lost Kieron to Man U then fair enough but I can't honestly see Man U going for an unproven manager at the highest level. Not saying he can't do it but I think it's an unlikely appointment.

If we lost him to Brighton I'd be annoyed and although I have been criticised on here for suggesting it's a sideways move, I stick by this. I was having lunch yesterday with a WHU fan who agreed. So, Brighton a better club? Up yours baby!

I've rambled a bit, but I've been finking.

I think Ashton has got this sussed whatever happens, in fact, I think losing Ashton would be worse that losing McKenna.
[Post edited 23 May 23:04]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Oh my god - another McKenna thread, but here goes. on 23:12 - May 23 with 918 viewsGuthrum

I'd say your last statement is spot on. After all Ashton (as representing the whole setup) is our best chance of successfully replacing McKenna should he depat.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Oh my god - another McKenna thread, but here goes. on 23:14 - May 23 with 894 viewstextbackup

Agree on all fronts.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Oh my god - another McKenna thread, but here goes. on 23:36 - May 23 with 800 viewsbuoyant

Yeah..

If he goes Ashton and Co. will replace him with a decent manager and.BR staff.

We're no longer living those ME years....

Pun intended

UTT

Oh my god - another McKenna thread, but here goes. on 08:23 - May 24 with 525 viewsGlasgowBlue

It’s not a sides way move. As been said before, Brighton are an established Premier League team with an infrastructure we will take two or three years to build.

I think it was Phil who said that Kieran’s agents don’t see him staying at being good for his career path, and from what we’ve learned in the last few days Keiran seems open to a move despite his incredible achievements over the last two seasons, and the incredible bond he’s built up between the management team players and fans.

Taking off our blue tinted spectacles, and I’m as guilty as the rest fir this, is keeping Ipswich in the Premier League simply an impossible job? To go further, with a squad of players who were playing in League One just thirteen months ago, do we need so many additions that it would be impossible to achieve in just one summer transfer window? And the view from KM is that we could be badly beaten by a a lot of teams next season?

Is KM looking at our prospects realistically and fearing that next season could severely damage his reputation?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Oh my god - another McKenna thread, but here goes. on 08:24 - May 24 with 504 viewshype313

Oh my god - another McKenna thread, but here goes. on 08:23 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

It’s not a sides way move. As been said before, Brighton are an established Premier League team with an infrastructure we will take two or three years to build.

I think it was Phil who said that Kieran’s agents don’t see him staying at being good for his career path, and from what we’ve learned in the last few days Keiran seems open to a move despite his incredible achievements over the last two seasons, and the incredible bond he’s built up between the management team players and fans.

Taking off our blue tinted spectacles, and I’m as guilty as the rest fir this, is keeping Ipswich in the Premier League simply an impossible job? To go further, with a squad of players who were playing in League One just thirteen months ago, do we need so many additions that it would be impossible to achieve in just one summer transfer window? And the view from KM is that we could be badly beaten by a a lot of teams next season?

Is KM looking at our prospects realistically and fearing that next season could severely damage his reputation?

Hasn't hurt Kompany

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Oh my god - another McKenna thread, but here goes. on 08:29 - May 24 with 462 viewsunbelievablue

Agree on all counts other than Brighton, who are ahead of us a fair bit, even if you could argue we're a 'bigger club' with all things taken into account.

People have lost the plot a bit though, wishing McKenna 'failure' if he goes, saying he's conducted himself poorly etc. etc. - smacks of projection and defensiveness.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Oh my god - another McKenna thread, but here goes. on 08:31 - May 24 with 447 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Oh my god - another McKenna thread, but here goes. on 08:23 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

Those very reasons are the reasons it wouldn't damage his reputation too much IMO. It's what everyone expects (we get slaughtered every week because we came up too soon). Anything other than that enhances his reputation. If he comfortably keeps up essentially a League 1 team it massively enhances his reputation.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Oh my god - another McKenna thread, but here goes. on 09:10 - May 24 with 338 viewsGlasgowBlue

Oh my god - another McKenna thread, but here goes. on 08:24 - May 24 by hype313

Hasn't hurt Kompany

I think you are missing the gist of my post. Burnley were a relegated Premier league side who bounced back then got relegated again.

We are a League one team with back to back promotions. Does KM not just see relegation, but a humiliating points total? Is our squad in such a need of overhaul that it’s impossible to achieve in one summer transfer window.

Before the events of this week I hadn’t given it much thought. KM knows the Premier z league and what is required to stay in it. He knows our squad. He knows our budget.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024