Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour Friends of Israel 08:25 - May 24 with 3627 viewsunbelievablue

Just to lighten the mood a bit, anyone got an objective analysis of this group, what they stand for, how they've conducted themselves etc. in the context of the Labour Party? Danke.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Labour Friends of Israel on 08:35 - May 24 with 2617 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Where's Koonters when you need him?
In other distraction related news.....
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c288xxvrdz7o
....if only we'd voted Corbyn's Labour in when we had the chance.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Labour Friends of Israel on 08:40 - May 24 with 2605 viewsDJR

I can't really comment but on a related matter, and because I have Press Reader which enables me to access digital editions of hundreds of newspapers, I note that the main headline in today's Jewish Chronicle is

"Jewish community stunned as Lammy backs Bibl ICC case."

Perhaps this suggest that all that Labour has done to regain the trust of the Jewish community has come to nowt, and I must admit I was surprised that Lammy took this line.
[Post edited 24 May 8:49]
Labour Friends of Israel on 08:40 - May 24 with 2598 viewsleitrimblue

Labour Friends of Israel on 08:35 - May 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

Best prime minister the country never had.
Argh well at least we kept the incompetent racists outta government..
Labour Friends of Israel on 08:42 - May 24 with 2573 viewsmidastouch

And older documentary but still definitely worth a watch:

I haven't watched it in several years, but from what I recall, it starts with the Conservatives and then shifts focus to the Labour Party.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Labour Friends of Israel on 08:57 - May 24 with 2515 viewsDJR

Interesting to note from the Guardian that Labour won't have a candidate in place until 1 June, which seems rather inept and must give Corbyn a head start.

"Labour has shortlisted Sem Moema, a member of the London assembly, and Praful Nargund, an Islington councillor, to run against Corbyn, in what is likely to be a testy election battle. The winner of Labour’s selection process will be announced on 1 June."

The article also states that research suggests Corbyn commands a personal vote seven times higher than the average constituency MP. With disillusion on the rightward drift of Labour (especially in fairly lefty Islington North), as well as the Gaza war, it strikes me that Corbyn has a pretty good chance of winning.
[Post edited 24 May 9:11]
Labour Friends of Israel on 09:10 - May 24 with 2459 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Labour Friends of Israel on 08:57 - May 24 by DJR

Interesting to note from the Guardian that Labour won't have a candidate in place until 1 June, which seems rather inept and must give Corbyn a head start.

"Labour has shortlisted Sem Moema, a member of the London assembly, and Praful Nargund, an Islington councillor, to run against Corbyn, in what is likely to be a testy election battle. The winner of Labour’s selection process will be announced on 1 June."

The article also states that research suggests Corbyn commands a personal vote seven times higher than the average constituency MP. With disillusion on the rightward drift of Labour (especially in fairly lefty Islington North), as well as the Gaza war, it strikes me that Corbyn has a pretty good chance of winning.

He will win.

Edit....hotter than McKenna...
https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/jeremy-corbyn-odds-on-to-beat-labour-
[Post edited 24 May 9:12]

Labour Friends of Israel on 09:18 - May 24 with 2429 viewsfooters

Labour Friends of Israel on 08:40 - May 24 by DJR

I can't really comment but on a related matter, and because I have Press Reader which enables me to access digital editions of hundreds of newspapers, I note that the main headline in today's Jewish Chronicle is

Perhaps this suggest that all that Labour has done to regain the trust of the Jewish community has come to nowt, and I must admit I was surprised that Lammy took this line.

Why would it surprise you that a man committing war crimes should be held responsible for committing war crimes?

Anyway, the JC is like a right-wing zionist Beano.

This is particularly funny - 'Reds under the bed' revamped! feat. Melanie Phillips. Arf.

https://www.thejc.com/news/politics/is-it-safe-for-jews-to-vote-labour-vdacr4v0

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Labour Friends of Israel on 09:21 - May 24 with 2402 viewsBlueschev

Under the IHRA definition of antisemitism, Isn't that headline antisemitic?
Login to get fewer ads

Labour Friends of Israel on 09:25 - May 24 with 2388 viewsfooters

Labour Friends of Israel on 09:10 - May 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

He will win.

Edit....hotter than McKenna...
https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/jeremy-corbyn-odds-on-to-beat-labour-
[Post edited 24 May 9:12]

You can even get a Corbyn special at the caff next to Finsbury Park station.

It's got falafel, hummus, salad, pickles, all sorts. Full veggie of course.

There are also pictures on the wall of St Jezza since he helped out the owner some years back. They are annotated with phrases like 'JEREMY PEACE' and 'JEREMY POWER'. It's great!

Labour Friends of Israel on 09:26 - May 24 with 2362 viewsBlueschev

Labour Friends of Israel on 08:57 - May 24 by DJR

He will win. He's an extremely popular constituency MP, local members have been barred from the selection process of their own candidate, and Corbyn will vote with a Labour government more than he doesn't, so will essentially remain a Labour MP in all but name, so frustrated Labour voters won't fear facilitating the Tories by voting for him.
Labour Friends of Israel on 09:26 - May 24 with 2356 viewsblueasfook

Labour Friends of Israel on 09:25 - May 24 by footers

You can even get a Corbyn special at the caff next to Finsbury Park station.

It's got falafel, hummus, salad, pickles, all sorts. Full veggie of course.

There are also pictures on the wall of St Jezza since he helped out the owner some years back. They are annotated with phrases like 'JEREMY PEACE' and 'JEREMY POWER'. It's great!

Does it have photos of him with his IRA and Hamas buddies?

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Labour Friends of Israel on 09:28 - May 24 with 2314 viewsleitrimblue

Labour Friends of Israel on 09:26 - May 24 by blueasfook

Does it have photos of him with his IRA and Hamas buddies?

https://images.app.goo.gl/7BPTNEWSZvqg4avQ9
Labour Friends of Israel on 09:32 - May 24 with 2287 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Labour Friends of Israel on 09:28 - May 24 by leitrimblue

Labour Friends of Israel on 09:34 - May 24 with 2277 viewsCheltenham_Blue

To lighten the mood a bit - Israel.

You're right, that did make me laugh.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Labour Friends of Israel on 09:37 - May 24 with 2231 viewsGlasgowBlue

I believe Blueas was referring to when they were blowing innocent kids to pieces outside of McDonalds, not once they surrendered and laid down their arms.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Labour Friends of Israel on 09:38 - May 24 with 2235 viewspositivity

blimey, corbyn's cosplay game is next level!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Labour Friends of Israel on 09:49 - May 24 with 2203 viewsleitrimblue

Labour Friends of Israel on 09:37 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

I believe Blueas was referring to when they were blowing innocent kids to pieces outside of McDonalds, not once they surrendered and laid down their arms.

I think he was very brave to meet the backer of the murderous Glenanne gang . Though I guess all part of the peace process
Labour Friends of Israel on 09:53 - May 24 with 2178 viewsDJR

Labour Friends of Israel on 09:18 - May 24 by footers

Why would it surprise you that a man committing war crimes should be held responsible for committing war crimes?

Anyway, the JC is like a right-wing zionist Beano.

This is particularly funny - 'Reds under the bed' revamped! feat. Melanie Phillips. Arf.

https://www.thejc.com/news/politics/is-it-safe-for-jews-to-vote-labour-vdacr4v0

My surprise was the Lammy didn't follow the same line as Sunak and Biden.
Labour Friends of Israel on 09:55 - May 24 with 2159 viewsSwansea_Blue

What did he say? 'Standing as a voice for equality, democracy and cheese'?
What's so special about cheese?

[Post edited 24 May 10:03]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Labour Friends of Israel on 10:02 - May 24 with 2124 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Labour Friends of Israel on 09:38 - May 24 by positivity

blimey, corbyn's cosplay game is next level!

He’s been cosplaying as ‘anti establishment’ for years, despite flunking his posh education and hitching a ride on the career politician gravy train for life.
Labour Friends of Israel on 10:06 - May 24 with 2100 viewsfooters

Labour Friends of Israel on 09:53 - May 24 by DJR

My surprise was the Lammy didn't follow the same line as Sunak and Biden.

Or indeed his party leader.

Nice to see there are some people with principles still in the 'Labour' party.

Labour Friends of Israel on 10:07 - May 24 with 2101 viewsSteve_M

Jewish Chronicle under it's current ownership and editor is rather right-wing. It has alienated quite a lot of British jews (and not just those on the left) with some of it's coverage recently.

It doesn't suggest that Labour's necessary work to regain trust has been wasted, rather than anything less than uncritical support of Israel isn't good enough for some people.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Labour Friends of Israel on 10:18 - May 24 with 2068 viewsDJR

Labour Friends of Israel on 10:07 - May 24 by Steve_M

Jewish Chronicle under it's current ownership and editor is rather right-wing. It has alienated quite a lot of British jews (and not just those on the left) with some of it's coverage recently.

It doesn't suggest that Labour's necessary work to regain trust has been wasted, rather than anything less than uncritical support of Israel isn't good enough for some people.

I certainly realise that the Jewish Chronicle doesn't represent the views of all Jews, knowing as I do Jenny Manson of Jewish Voice for Labour.

Indeed, the views of all Jews may well be difficult to gauge given this from Michael Rosen.

"For clarity’s sake, the Chief Rabbi may “speak for” a majority of Jews in Britain — but he does not “represent” them.

He is the leader of the United Synagogue, which has a congregation of around 40,000. According to the Board of Deputies, there are 284,000 British Jews. Half of us are affiliated to synagogues, half of us are not.

In all the surveys of Jewish opinion, I have never been sure of how the survey of the 142,000 non-religious Jews is done. How do they find us?"
[Post edited 24 May 10:20]
Labour Friends of Israel on 10:31 - May 24 with 2018 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour Friends of Israel on 09:49 - May 24 by leitrimblue

I think he was very brave to meet the backer of the murderous Glenanne gang . Though I guess all part of the peace process

https://www.cityam.com/jeremy-corbyn-cant-rewrite-his-reprehensible-ira-history/

Former deputy first minister of Northern Ireland, Seamus Mallon, said “I never heard anyone mention Corbyn at all. He very clearly took the side of the IRA and that was incompatible, in my opinion, with working for peace.” Sean O’Callaghan, an ex-IRA terrorist, said Corbyn “played no part ever, at any time, in promoting peace in Northern Ireland”, and any suggestion otherwise is “a cowardly, self-serving lie”.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Labour Friends of Israel on 10:48 - May 24 with 1966 viewsleitrimblue

Labour Friends of Israel on 10:31 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

https://www.cityam.com/jeremy-corbyn-cant-rewrite-his-reprehensible-ira-history/

Former deputy first minister of Northern Ireland, Seamus Mallon, said “I never heard anyone mention Corbyn at all. He very clearly took the side of the IRA and that was incompatible, in my opinion, with working for peace.” Sean O’Callaghan, an ex-IRA terrorist, said Corbyn “played no part ever, at any time, in promoting peace in Northern Ireland”, and any suggestion otherwise is “a cowardly, self-serving lie”.

The same Sean 0'Callaghan who left the IRA in the mid 70,s and then worked as a spy for the Irish government from the late 70,s onwards? If Sean 0'Callaghan said it then it must be a fact .

Clearly Thatcher did more for peace in Northern Ireland..

You wanna discuss the British states support for murderous loyalist terrorists and there involvement in murdering there own innocent citizans?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024