Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do people even realise the role of an agent? 14:23 - May 24 with 1797 viewsAlberto_the_frog

To get the best deal for their client...

A flat out statement that McKenna is staying here next season no matter what would remove the biggest bargaining chip from the table.

It's not as if he's a Rooney, Lampard or Gerrard with so many millions from a playing career that doesn't even need to work.
Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 14:29 - May 24 with 1725 viewsnrb1985

There are ways of doing things and his agent basically creating a very public auction (which has alienated supporters from all involved except Utd fans for now) is frankly a bit embarrassing.

The Palace interest earlier this season, that came and went without much of a murmur, with Phil confirming that it actually came very close. Shows it can be done behind closed doors for the most part and usually is.

I don't know who the agent is but I would guess he's fairly inexperienced at operating at this level, as is Mckenna, who should have reigned them in by now.

It's a circus.
Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 15:45 - May 24 with 1606 viewsRegencyBlue

True, but orchestrating a public relations disaster, which this is rapidly turning into for McKenna, isn’t the way to go about things is it?

There are plenty of ways to deal with this without giving the impression McKenna can’t wait to get out of Ipswich. It’s disrespectful to Ipswich and I’m surprised he’s allowed things to go the route they have.
Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 16:16 - May 24 with 1549 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 15:45 - May 24 by RegencyBlue

True, but orchestrating a public relations disaster, which this is rapidly turning into for McKenna, isn’t the way to go about things is it?

There are plenty of ways to deal with this without giving the impression McKenna can’t wait to get out of Ipswich. It’s disrespectful to Ipswich and I’m surprised he’s allowed things to go the route they have.

It's only giving that impression to bedwetters
Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 16:24 - May 24 with 1506 viewsbluejacko

Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 16:16 - May 24 by Alberto_the_frog

People have given their opioid to your OP and the best you can do is call them “bedwetters” why not try numbskulls that used to be the word for a while🙄
Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 16:26 - May 24 with 1490 viewsRegencyBlue

Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 16:16 - May 24 by Alberto_the_frog

Really!

Are you counting Ed Schwartz amongst them as he is flying over to deal with it?
Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 16:29 - May 24 with 1451 viewsibbleobble

Exactly. If we quadruple his wages he’ll be very wealthy, have deep pockets to stay and continue planning our meteoric rise and his and plenty of time in his career to achieve his ambitions elsewhere should he choose.

Reality is, given the ownership, the Chelsea and United jobs will be vacant again in the next few seasons so all a storm in a tea cup for me.
Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 16:30 - May 24 with 1439 viewspointofblue

Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 16:29 - May 24 by ibbleobble

Exactly. If we quadruple his wages he’ll be very wealthy, have deep pockets to stay and continue planning our meteoric rise and his and plenty of time in his career to achieve his ambitions elsewhere should he choose.

Reality is, given the ownership, the Chelsea and United jobs will be vacant again in the next few seasons so all a storm in a tea cup for me.

You misspelt months in your final sentence.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 18:04 - May 24 with 1356 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 16:24 - May 24 by bluejacko

People have given their opioid to your OP and the best you can do is call them “bedwetters” why not try numbskulls that used to be the word for a while🙄

No-one's given me any kind of drug, especially not an opioid
Login to get fewer ads

Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 18:06 - May 24 with 1350 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 16:26 - May 24 by RegencyBlue

Really!

Are you counting Ed Schwartz amongst them as he is flying over to deal with it?

No, because if he had Been given the impression that KMk "couldn't wait to get out of the club", he wouldn't have wanted his time.
Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 18:48 - May 24 with 1263 viewsWolfieAtTheBack

I work as an agent in the music industry and can assure you CAA (Music) are ruthless.

If they want to make something happen, they will make it happen, rest assured, Look at their player and manager roster, they have a lot of Chelsea players, they will likely want KM to go to Chelsea on this basis to keep them happy and of course get a massive, massive pay day.
Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 18:54 - May 24 with 1238 viewsredrickstuhaart

Of course, the real role of an agent is to make profit. Often that aligns with the best thing for the client, but not always...
Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 18:58 - May 24 with 1215 viewsibbleobble

Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 18:48 - May 24 by WolfieAtTheBack

I work as an agent in the music industry and can assure you CAA (Music) are ruthless.

If they want to make something happen, they will make it happen, rest assured, Look at their player and manager roster, they have a lot of Chelsea players, they will likely want KM to go to Chelsea on this basis to keep them happy and of course get a massive, massive pay day.

Any idea who Kieran’s agent is at CAA?
Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 19:09 - May 24 with 1166 viewsvictorysquad

Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 18:48 - May 24 by WolfieAtTheBack

I guess if he goes to Chelsea then they can also have more control over which of their players stay / go as well. With such large sums of money involved, It could become quite corrupt
Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 19:22 - May 24 with 1113 viewsWolfieAtTheBack

Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 19:09 - May 24 by victorysquad

I guess if he goes to Chelsea then they can also have more control over which of their players stay / go as well. With such large sums of money involved, It could become quite corrupt

I would assume given the high profile nature of this process it would be lead agents Leon Angel and/or Trimboli.

Without getting into it loads over the years CAA have taken at least 5 bands I can think of off my roster, they basically just take what they want, when they want until it's done. That is what an agent at this level will do.

Seriously big hitters...
Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 19:32 - May 24 with 1077 viewsLeaky

Idiot
Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 19:33 - May 24 with 1073 viewsWolfieAtTheBack

It is also a lot of favours, looking at the other agents it mentions they look after Chelsea youngsters, provide them with 'digs' so that will be the Omari connection.

Without checking I would probably think Omari is repped by CAA Base.....
Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 19:36 - May 24 with 1051 viewsWolfieAtTheBack

Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 19:33 - May 24 by WolfieAtTheBack

It is also a lot of favours, looking at the other agents it mentions they look after Chelsea youngsters, provide them with 'digs' so that will be the Omari connection.

Without checking I would probably think Omari is repped by CAA Base.....

Omari is not repped by the overlords CAA base.... ha
Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 19:42 - May 24 with 1029 viewsLeaky

Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 19:22 - May 24 by WolfieAtTheBack

I would assume given the high profile nature of this process it would be lead agents Leon Angel and/or Trimboli.

Without getting into it loads over the years CAA have taken at least 5 bands I can think of off my roster, they basically just take what they want, when they want until it's done. That is what an agent at this level will do.

Seriously big hitters...

Thank you for your insight how agents work I never liked the EPL brand I hate it even more now
Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 20:35 - May 24 with 946 viewsWolfieAtTheBack

Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 19:42 - May 24 by Leaky

Thank you for your insight how agents work I never liked the EPL brand I hate it even more now

Sadly money talks and Chelsea have an endless supply of it.

Basically come 6 months there will be another KM situation emerge and this is how they get paid again and boost their profile and postion in the market.

Agents get paid on a %, so if KM does not do anything they do not get paid, there is no value to them for KM to stay at town UNLESS we offer him a load of money then they will get paid out based on the new terms. Ashton has made a good move there offering new terms, that way they get something and keeps them quiet whilst then putting the ball in KM court.

Looking solely at the facts they will want him to go to Chelsea, would he even have a massive say in it I am not sure, these people are from my experience anyway out for themselves and the pay day.
Do people even realise the role of an agent? on 23:18 - May 24 with 805 viewsAlberto_the_frog

So go to Chelsea, ensure Omari gets sold to us for peanuts, get sacked by Christmas, then return to ITFC
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024