Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for some McK bed-wetting 05:41 - May 25 with 3334 viewsmellowblue

Mckenna allowing himself to be pimped around by his representatives to multiple clubs like a late night good time girl hoping to get lucky, where the hell is the dignity in it. It seems out of character and really is potentially stretching loyalties to the point where you you think, don't want us, then clear off. I get he has a release clause that allows clubs to buy him out of his contract, but agitating a move while under contract in such a way really doesn't look very classy and I have always considered him a classy, straightforward kind of guy. Even if he stays, you can see the pantomine kicking off again in 12 months time. Not sure that I have seen a messier manager-moving scenario. Goodnight and out.
Time for some McK bed-wetting on 06:08 - May 25 with 2327 viewsBuffaloBill

Lots of others have said similar, I'm happy to see him leave tbh, I'd prefer the focus being on the team and our first time back in the top flight ffs.

Not on this pantomime. I'm done with him. He's had opportunity to rectify the rumours and yet as you say he's happily been allowing his representatives to pimp him out there.

F ucking idiot if you ask me

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

Yes you are a f ucking idiot. on 06:14 - May 25 with 2306 viewsBuhrer

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 06:08 - May 25 by BuffaloBill

Lots of others have said similar, I'm happy to see him leave tbh, I'd prefer the focus being on the team and our first time back in the top flight ffs.

Not on this pantomime. I'm done with him. He's had opportunity to rectify the rumours and yet as you say he's happily been allowing his representatives to pimp him out there.

N to the t
Time for some McK bed-wetting on 06:17 - May 25 with 2289 viewschicoazul

Is that really what late night good time girls do in clubs can you tell me what clubs and what nights I’m asking for a friend

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 06:28 - May 25 with 2222 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 06:08 - May 25 by BuffaloBill

I hope McKenna and/or his representatives/friends don't read these pages because numpties like you and the OP aren't helping matters.

Grow up, the pair of you.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 06:44 - May 25 with 2161 viewsHerbivore

I can't believe what I'm reading from some of our fans, it's pure madness. We've got one of the best young managers in the world who has led us to back to back promotions playing some of the best football seen at Portman Road in decades. Because of that success, other clubs are understandably taking an interest in him and at a quiet time in the football news cycle, the press are all over it. I really can't get my head around anyone's reaction to that being that we should just let him go or get rid of him. It's such a bizarre and, frankly, childish reaction. You don't turn on and/or bin off the best manager you've had in 20+ years because the fact he's the best manager you've had in 20+ years means he's being linked with other jobs. It's the very definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

It's been a week of speculation, are people really so soft and impatient that they can't cope with that and would prefer to get rid of one of the best young managers in the world than deal with a bit of uncertainty in the hope (and this isn't an unlikely outcome) that he's still our manager next season? Our chances of staying in the Prem greatly increase if McKenna stays as our manager, it's a no brainer that we do everything in our power to try and keep him here. Show a bit of patience and understand this sort of thing happens in football. I'd rather we have players and a manager that are doing so well here that bigger opportunities open up for them than be doing so badly that nobody is interested in them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 06:47 - May 25 with 2148 viewsSwansea_Blue

“Doesn’t look very classy”. That’s an understatement and then some. What he’s doing is frankly massively disrespectful to Town fans, and indeed all Brits, the world over. I’d say it’s nothing short of a declaration of war from Northern Ireland. We need to withdraw from the province immediately, strip all the N Irish of their citizenship (and library cards for good measure) and then lock McKenna up in the Tower of London. I’d lock up Patrick Kielty and Loraine Kelly too, just to be sure. I know technically Loraine is Scottish, but it’s better to be safe than sorry, and I bet it’s an international plot anyway.

Or it’s just part of the normal gossip circus and manager merry-go-round.

It’s definitely one of the above.
[Post edited 25 May 6:48]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 06:53 - May 25 with 2107 viewsSwansea_Blue

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 06:44 - May 25 by Herbivore

I can't believe what I'm reading from some of our fans, it's pure madness. We've got one of the best young managers in the world who has led us to back to back promotions playing some of the best football seen at Portman Road in decades. Because of that success, other clubs are understandably taking an interest in him and at a quiet time in the football news cycle, the press are all over it. I really can't get my head around anyone's reaction to that being that we should just let him go or get rid of him. It's such a bizarre and, frankly, childish reaction. You don't turn on and/or bin off the best manager you've had in 20+ years because the fact he's the best manager you've had in 20+ years means he's being linked with other jobs. It's the very definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

It's been a week of speculation, are people really so soft and impatient that they can't cope with that and would prefer to get rid of one of the best young managers in the world than deal with a bit of uncertainty in the hope (and this isn't an unlikely outcome) that he's still our manager next season? Our chances of staying in the Prem greatly increase if McKenna stays as our manager, it's a no brainer that we do everything in our power to try and keep him here. Show a bit of patience and understand this sort of thing happens in football. I'd rather we have players and a manager that are doing so well here that bigger opportunities open up for them than be doing so badly that nobody is interested in them.

It could be satire. It’s becoming really hard to tell the difference.

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 06:59 - May 25 with 2075 viewsMK1

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 06:47 - May 25 by Swansea_Blue

“Doesn’t look very classy”. That’s an understatement and then some. What he’s doing is frankly massively disrespectful to Town fans, and indeed all Brits, the world over. I’d say it’s nothing short of a declaration of war from Northern Ireland. We need to withdraw from the province immediately, strip all the N Irish of their citizenship (and library cards for good measure) and then lock McKenna up in the Tower of London. I’d lock up Patrick Kielty and Loraine Kelly too, just to be sure. I know technically Loraine is Scottish, but it’s better to be safe than sorry, and I bet it’s an international plot anyway.

That Graham Norton and Dara O'Brian as well. They are well shifty.
Login to get fewer ads

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 07:03 - May 25 with 2050 viewsMK1

As you have basically said what a lot of you new generation so called fans have already said, was there any real need to start yet another f**k**g thread about it.
Grow up and come back to football in maybe 20 years or so. Just to help you for the coming season, we ain't winning more than we lose. Just get your head around that and you might see the world in a more realistic manner.
Time for some McK bed-wetting on 07:04 - May 25 with 2048 viewsBuffaloBill

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 06:28 - May 25 by The_Flashing_Smile

I hope McKenna and/or his representatives/friends don't read these pages because numpties like you and the OP aren't helping matters.

Matters? Wtaf is matters?

What matters is we are back in the premier league and our once golden boy has sullied his reputation.

You obviously don't care about that. I frankly want the focus on the team. This has no doubt put us at a disadvantage for what was an already challenging season ahead, trying to re-establish ourselves.

I f ucking hope his representatives do actually see this. Sick of it.

Pathetic individuals like you want to mollycoddle his few years with us and like a weak idiot hoping beyond hope he'll stay 1 more year. That's all people cling too - hopefully he'll stay 1 more year (then take the next big job he and his agent get eyes for)

I am happy to have a manager here that's here for the club - not his long term aspirations.

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 07:05 - May 25 with 2035 viewsSwansea_Blue

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 06:59 - May 25 by MK1

That Graham Norton and Dara O'Brian as well. They are well shifty.

Definitely. And did you know, there are 20 places in the world named Belfast? They should all be re-named Traitorsville.

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 07:08 - May 25 with 2022 viewsArnieM

Nothing like differing opinions and views to divide a forum, eh.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 07:09 - May 25 with 2019 viewsMK1

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 07:04 - May 25 by BuffaloBill

What matters is we are back in the premier league and our once golden boy has sullied his reputation.

You obviously don't care about that. I frankly want the focus on the team. This has no doubt put us at a disadvantage for what was an already challenging season ahead, trying to re-establish ourselves.

Pathetic individuals like you want to mollycoddle his few years with us and like a weak idiot hoping beyond hope he'll stay 1 more year. That's all people cling too - hopefully he'll stay 1 more year (then take the next big job he and his agent get eyes for)

I am happy to have a manager here that's here for the club - not his long term aspirations.

You are obviously looking for an argument. May I suggest that fellow Town supporters might be the wrong audience for that. Maybe just go back to bed and sleep it off.
Time for some McK bed-wetting on 07:10 - May 25 with 1989 viewsMK1

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 07:08 - May 25 by ArnieM

Nothing like differing opinions and views to divide a forum, eh.

I would rather look out to a nice beach and the sea rather than a car park.
Time for some McK bed-wetting on 07:10 - May 25 with 1983 viewsHerbivore

Totally bonkers stuff. And to lash out at fans who are actually showing a bit of common sense? Crikey. I'm not sure some of our fans are well equipped for the bumpy road we're going to experience in the Prem this year, first sign of adversity and some totally lose their heads.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 07:13 - May 25 with 1952 viewsMK1

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 07:10 - May 25 by Herbivore

Totally bonkers stuff. And to lash out at fans who are actually showing a bit of common sense? Crikey. I'm not sure some of our fans are well equipped for the bumpy road we're going to experience in the Prem this year, first sign of adversity and some totally lose their heads.

unrealistic bed wetters the lot of them. This place is going into melt down next season.
Time for some McK bed-wetting on 07:16 - May 25 with 1923 viewsMK1

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 07:05 - May 25 by Swansea_Blue

Definitely. And did you know, there are 20 places in the world named Belfast? They should all be re-named Traitorsville.

I'll go for the Canadian or Australian ones please.
Time for some McK bed-wetting on 07:17 - May 25 with 1924 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

When he said at the outset his aspiration was to manage at champions league level, did you think that would be with us?

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 07:32 - May 25 with 1868 viewsMK1

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 07:17 - May 25 by WestStanderLaLaLa

When he said at the outset his aspiration was to manage at champions league level, did you think that would be with us?

Someone on here the other week said they were expecting top 4 next season. Kids eh.
Time for some McK bed-wetting on 07:34 - May 25 with 1856 viewscharlie1

You hit the nail on the head in your first line - “his representatives”.
Not yours or mine, and not the club’s.

If that involves advancing his career to the very peak of his potential, that’s what McKenna pays them to do.
If that involves forcing ITFC to renegotiate his contract to recognise that potential, then they’re doing a very good job for him.

If any of us, after only two years in our job, were head-hunted by a multi-billion pound brand with global exposure because they had faith we could do our job at the very highest level, I think we would all give it serious consideration.

But we’d also hope that if, after that consideration, we decided to stay in the job that gave us our first break, the people around us wouldn’t give us a hard time for staying.
Time for some McK bed-wetting on 07:34 - May 25 with 1850 viewschicoazul

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 07:10 - May 25 by Herbivore

Literally can’t wait until we get the first contentious VAR decision this place will be amazing.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 08:08 - May 25 with 1752 viewscressi

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 06:28 - May 25 by The_Flashing_Smile

So you believe the last week has gave a good luck. I'm sure the club don't hence why the top man has flown over from America this needs sorting sooner than later.
Time for some McK bed-wetting on 08:12 - May 25 with 1725 viewswkj

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 07:34 - May 25 by chicoazul

Literally can’t wait until we get the first contentious VAR decision this place will be amazing.

Or in December when people start sniffing around Leif - maybe sooner

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 08:15 - May 25 with 1690 viewsMK1

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 08:12 - May 25 by wkj

Or in December when people start sniffing around Leif - maybe sooner

Your avatar is spooky.
Time for some McK bed-wetting on 08:41 - May 25 with 1601 viewsbluejacko

Time for some McK bed-wetting on 06:47 - May 25 by Swansea_Blue

Whoa that’s a bit drastic! Do I get to keep my free bus/ train card and prescriptions? I mean the library card I can just about get away with not having!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024