Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It could have been a very different game... 17:30 - Aug 22 with 1754 viewsTwoKnightsInIpswich

if Leif hadn't got the early block on Brobby.

I thought Leif and the rest of our defence played well, although Diop got caught a couple of times (didn't expect that).

Nunez and Fatawu had difficult first halves but looked a lot more comfortable in the second.

Emersonn looked a real handful and that goal would have given him so much confidence.

No need to mention Enciso and was outstanding - with a great work rate.

There will be tougher tests but this result gives us a platform to build on and with more additions could see us outside the bottom three come May!

Poll: Would you want Liam Delap back at Ipswich Town for the season ahead?

11
It could have been a very different game... on 17:49 - Aug 22 with 1645 viewsRyorry

Only had TTV audio, but sounded like Leif has been working hard & effectively on his defensive skills with Go'N.

Poll: Do you find minor cuts & grazes heal better

0
It could have been a very different game... on 17:50 - Aug 22 with 1623 viewsFrimleyBlue

Possibly a moment we needed.

Oneil can use that as an example of how getting out of position early can lead to early chances being conceded.

Waka Waka
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

1
It could have been a very different game... on 17:52 - Aug 22 with 1612 viewsredrickstuhaart

It could have been a very different game... on 17:49 - Aug 22 by Ryorry

Only had TTV audio, but sounded like Leif has been working hard & effectively on his defensive skills with Go'N.


I think that the idea that Leif is not a sound defender has been massively overplayed for several years now. Almost as if people see his forward play and assume that he can't do it at the other end.

Poll: Will the US Mid terms get cancelled or "postponed"?

0
It could have been a very different game... on 18:00 - Aug 22 with 1519 viewswitchdoctor

thought that Greaves had a solid game today..surely it’s his shirt to lose…
3
It could have been a very different game... on 18:04 - Aug 22 with 1433 viewsFrimleyBlue

It could have been a very different game... on 17:52 - Aug 22 by redrickstuhaart

I think that the idea that Leif is not a sound defender has been massively overplayed for several years now. Almost as if people see his forward play and assume that he can't do it at the other end.


I disagree as Leif himself admitted its a big part of his game that he wasnt ready for last time round.

Waka Waka
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

1
It could have been a very different game... on 19:52 - Aug 22 with 1207 viewsarmchaircritic59

It could have been a very different game... on 18:04 - Aug 22 by FrimleyBlue

I disagree as Leif himself admitted its a big part of his game that he wasnt ready for last time round.


I'd say, whatever the arguments, much better today.
1
It could have been a very different game... on 20:37 - Aug 22 with 1094 viewsVic

It could have been a very different game... on 17:52 - Aug 22 by redrickstuhaart

I think that the idea that Leif is not a sound defender has been massively overplayed for several years now. Almost as if people see his forward play and assume that he can't do it at the other end.


But he was a bit dodgy in the prem 2 seasons ago, and by his own admission lost confidence. I think thevwhole team did after about 10 matches - it was painful to watch. This lot wont be the same as so many have been here before.

Poll: Will you be watching the 3rd/4th place play off game?

2
It could have been a very different game... on 21:34 - Aug 22 with 955 viewsDarkBrandon

I think Diop also gave the free kick away that led to the goal, right? Pretty rash challenge iirc.

I felt each of O’Shea, Greaves and Diop had their wobbly moments. Early on Sunderland created a few half chances with fairly simple through balls which should have been defended better. But equally each made impressive tackles when required. I imagine GON will keep that defensive unit unchanged and they’ll improve just by playing together more.
0
Login to get fewer ads

It could have been a very different game... on 21:53 - Aug 22 with 884 viewsrkc123

It could have been a very different game... on 18:00 - Aug 22 by witchdoctor

thought that Greaves had a solid game today..surely it’s his shirt to lose…


Greaves was very good, although not as good as I thought he looked in the first 20 minutes when I was also attributing everything Lukic did to him (I didn't realise how similar they look, at least from a distance), the man was everywhere!
[Post edited 22 Aug 22:00]
1
It could have been a very different game... on 22:01 - Aug 22 with 840 viewsRetroBlue

I thought Leif was outstanding today and looked a lot sharper/ quicker. That first covering tackle was world class, and almost Beattiesque in quality.

ITFC - The Pride of Anglia
Poll: Who do you want to win?

0
It could have been a very different game... on 22:13 - Aug 22 with 795 viewsredrickstuhaart

It could have been a very different game... on 21:34 - Aug 22 by DarkBrandon

I think Diop also gave the free kick away that led to the goal, right? Pretty rash challenge iirc.

I felt each of O’Shea, Greaves and Diop had their wobbly moments. Early on Sunderland created a few half chances with fairly simple through balls which should have been defended better. But equally each made impressive tackles when required. I imagine GON will keep that defensive unit unchanged and they’ll improve just by playing together more.


Little understanding so far. Brobbey got in behind too easily- neither appeared to accept they were the one to track him.

Poll: Will the US Mid terms get cancelled or "postponed"?

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026