Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 6 TV progs of all time? 10:55 - Sep 24 with 6841 viewsRyorry

Flawty Towers
Boys From the Black Stuff
7-Up
Spitting Image
I Claudius
M.A.S.H.

for me.


Poll: Do you find minor cuts & grazes heal better

1
Top 6 TV progs of all time? on 17:55 - Sep 28 with 377 viewsWeWereZombies

Top 6 TV progs of all time? on 17:34 - Sep 28 by Double_Dutch

With the inclusion of Colditz and Dad's Army, surprised neither of you have mentioned Secret Army from that era.


First rule of Secret Army - never mention Secret Army...

Poll: To make him more acceptable what should Gary O'Neill change his middle name to ?

0
Top 6 TV progs of all time? on 18:25 - Sep 28 with 363 viewsChurchman

Top 6 TV progs of all time? on 17:34 - Sep 28 by Double_Dutch

With the inclusion of Colditz and Dad's Army, surprised neither of you have mentioned Secret Army from that era.


Funnily enough, I didn’t really like Secret Army. I really don’t know why.

In answer to Mellow’s comment about visiting Colditz, it was a bit of a hike getting there. We were staying in Leipzig. Had to get two trains and a bus then walk up the hill (the route the prisoners took) passing on the way the old disused, overgrown railhead they would have been herded off from. It really is in the middle of nowhere and the thought must have been s0d this, I’m done.

It was a fun thing to do and interesting. The little town of Colditz was picturesque and we enjoyed a couple of cold ones in the square looking up at the castle on a sunny day.

Another tv mini series I enjoyed was To Serve Them All My Days (RF Delderfield) starring John Duttine, as mentioned in connection with something else.

Poirot with David Suck-it was good too.
1
Top 6 TV progs of all time? on 21:34 - Sep 28 with 306 viewsmellowblue

Top 6 TV progs of all time? on 18:25 - Sep 28 by Churchman

Funnily enough, I didn’t really like Secret Army. I really don’t know why.

In answer to Mellow’s comment about visiting Colditz, it was a bit of a hike getting there. We were staying in Leipzig. Had to get two trains and a bus then walk up the hill (the route the prisoners took) passing on the way the old disused, overgrown railhead they would have been herded off from. It really is in the middle of nowhere and the thought must have been s0d this, I’m done.

It was a fun thing to do and interesting. The little town of Colditz was picturesque and we enjoyed a couple of cold ones in the square looking up at the castle on a sunny day.

Another tv mini series I enjoyed was To Serve Them All My Days (RF Delderfield) starring John Duttine, as mentioned in connection with something else.

Poirot with David Suck-it was good too.


I believe it was a mental institution during East Germany's existence, but it looks very restored, did it still have an P.O.W vibes about it. And importantly is the famous glider still in the attic ! Enjoyed the books in my youth. Glad you enjoyed it.
0
Top 6 TV progs of all time? on 21:37 - Sep 28 with 303 viewsmellowblue

Top 6 TV progs of all time? on 15:14 - Sep 28 by usm

Lost
Dallas
Monty Python
Cheers
Friends
Neighbours


thumbs up for Dallas. JR is my role model.
Maybe not. !!
0
Top 6 TV progs of all time? on 21:40 - Sep 28 with 300 viewsmellowblue

Top 6 TV progs of all time? on 17:34 - Sep 28 by Double_Dutch

With the inclusion of Colditz and Dad's Army, surprised neither of you have mentioned Secret Army from that era.


Couldn't get into Secret Army, not sure I could accept the actor Bernard Hepton, being commandant in Colditz and then miraculously being a French Resistance cafe owner.
Allo, Allo was a very good parody/p-take of Secret Army and probably more entertaining.
0
Top 6 TV progs of all time? on 22:53 - Sep 28 with 263 viewssyntaxerror

BLack Adder
Sons of Anarchy
Game of Thrones (despite the ending)
The Last kingdom
Better Call Saul
Family Guy
The Boys
The Young Ones
Mandalorian
Life on Mars
Allo allo
The X Files

Oops, a top 12.

In no particular order, but Blackadder is top.
Haven’t seen The Wire or Sopranos, and need to.
[Post edited 28 Sep 23:04]
0
Top 6 TV progs of all time? on 23:55 - Sep 28 with 229 viewsChurchman

Top 6 TV progs of all time? on 21:34 - Sep 28 by mellowblue

I believe it was a mental institution during East Germany's existence, but it looks very restored, did it still have an P.O.W vibes about it. And importantly is the famous glider still in the attic ! Enjoyed the books in my youth. Glad you enjoyed it.


It’s a college for music, hostel and if course the museum.

The courtyards, rooms, everything is still there including the attic with the glider - local students built the glider to the original plans that still existed

The museum has the different bits the prisoners were housed, chapel and plenty of stuff they’ve found including prisoners tools, documents and false uniforms, maps, you name it - and a radio found not that long ago relatively, behind a false wall.

Being a very old building, it’s a rabbit warren of a place and tunnels under the flooring etc were everywhere.

Oddly, despite it being a spring day, the building felt cold. Thick walls and damp. Must have been a hard place to survive and tbh not a lot better for the guards.

The museums explanations are good and all in all, it’s a good place to visit if you get the chance. As a kid, I read the Pat Reid book, saw the film then the tv series. So it’s a bit of a bucket list thing.

My dad planned for he and I to go when ITFC played out in Leipzig in the 70s but school and his work scuppered that. I think he’d be pleased to know I finally got there.
[Post edited 28 Sep 23:56]
0
Top 6 TV progs of all time? on 00:12 - Sep 29 with 223 viewsreusersfreekicks

The Wire
Homicide - life on the streets
Black Adder
Yes Minister
NYPD Blue
Fawlty Towers
0
Login to get fewer ads

Top 6 TV progs of all time? on 07:45 - Sep 29 with 170 viewsBluemike31

Top 6 TV progs of all time? on 18:25 - Sep 28 by Churchman

Funnily enough, I didn’t really like Secret Army. I really don’t know why.

In answer to Mellow’s comment about visiting Colditz, it was a bit of a hike getting there. We were staying in Leipzig. Had to get two trains and a bus then walk up the hill (the route the prisoners took) passing on the way the old disused, overgrown railhead they would have been herded off from. It really is in the middle of nowhere and the thought must have been s0d this, I’m done.

It was a fun thing to do and interesting. The little town of Colditz was picturesque and we enjoyed a couple of cold ones in the square looking up at the castle on a sunny day.

Another tv mini series I enjoyed was To Serve Them All My Days (RF Delderfield) starring John Duttine, as mentioned in connection with something else.

Poirot with David Suck-it was good too.


To Serve them all my Days was an excellent mini series.

I wonder if anyone remembers another one called "One Summer"
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026