Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bands/artists you've seen the most 13:56 - Sep 25 with 4019 viewsWhos_blue

Inspired by some of the comments in Wally's Oasis thread, I thought it would pass some time to look at the bands the TWTD massive have seen the most. Maybe go for a top 3?

For me it's Paul Weller at the top with 40+ gigs since 92. Sadly never saw The Jam or Style Council.
2nd is The Who 30+ times, though only since 89, so sadly no Keith Moon era gigs.
Not sure about third. Possibly Cast or maybe even The Bootleg Beatles!

I guess we should also include if we ever saw Oasis, so for me that is 4 times, but all back in the day.

"Look, I don't wanna be the same as everybody else. That's why I'm a Mod, see?"

1
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 18:41 - Sep 26 with 655 viewsellaandred

Bands/artists you've seen the most on 18:05 - Sep 26 by LRB84UK

By choice, Robbie Williams (born in the 80s I was the right age for boyband mania)

Not by choice the darkness, they've popped up as support acts 3 or 4 times. I am not a fan at all but seem to see them everywhere!

I would have loved to have seen meatloaf when he was in his prime


Meatloaf was brilliant in his prime. Amazing energy for such a big man.
First saw him at the N.E.C. early 1980's......I think.
0
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 19:02 - Sep 26 with 634 viewsrunaround

From The Jam 7 or 8 times
Bad Manners 4 times
Saxon and Neville Staple 3 times
Copious amounts of bands once or twice
Live music is wonderful and I do like being in a boozer and seeing a local band
2
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 22:47 - Sep 26 with 562 viewsurbanpenguin

Bands/artists you've seen the most on 16:36 - Sep 26 by positivity

that's some strong cider if it's making you see dr. dre, ice cube and co in stowmarket!


Until this I read all this and thought NWA played Stowmarket, and I thought Suffolk had changed for the better culturally since I left

Poll: You HAVe to select one of the below to be new manager
Blog: Some People Are On the Pitch...

1
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 01:41 - Sep 27 with 516 viewsstiff_talking

Bands/artists you've seen the most on 17:32 - Sep 25 by BABLUE

HMHB & Wedding Present are probably top of my lists too.

I must have seen them both well over 30 times. I saw HMHB in Leeds last month & have tickets for Nottingham, London & Holmfirth for next year & am seeing the boy Gedge in Leicester next month.

The Fall are up there too, but obviously they aren’t adding to the tally

Back in the day I saw Carter circa 15/20 times and still catch up with Jimbob & Les in their current bands most years.


The Addicts 30 times
Interpol 7
Strokes 6
Oasis 6
Artic Monkeys 5
The Who 3

The Cure and David Bowie were the best gigs I ever attended.
1
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 08:00 - Sep 27 with 455 viewsChurchman

Bands/artists you've seen the most on 18:41 - Sep 26 by ellaandred

Meatloaf was brilliant in his prime. Amazing energy for such a big man.
First saw him at the N.E.C. early 1980's......I think.


Agree with that. Saw Mr Meat and co I think at Hammersmith about that time - Bat out of Hell n all that. It was excellent. I would say that like Queen who I saw in I think 1980, it was a bit of a stage show as opposed to a tear up, but in its own way none the worse for that.
[Post edited 27 Sep 9:24]
1
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 08:32 - Sep 27 with 438 viewsGlasgowBlue

Bands/artists you've seen the most on 01:41 - Sep 27 by stiff_talking

The Addicts 30 times
Interpol 7
Strokes 6
Oasis 6
Artic Monkeys 5
The Who 3

The Cure and David Bowie were the best gigs I ever attended.


My first ever gig was Bowie in 1983. Nit a bad way to start.

Only saw them once but also in the same year, the Police. They were bloody good for a three piece.

Antisemites and Jew haters will be put on ignore.
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

0
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 09:31 - Sep 27 with 416 viewsChurchman

Bands/artists you've seen the most on 08:32 - Sep 27 by GlasgowBlue

My first ever gig was Bowie in 1983. Nit a bad way to start.

Only saw them once but also in the same year, the Police. They were bloody good for a three piece.


Wow, great way to start. Missed out on DB but did see Police. Enjoyed it.

My first ever gig was Thin Lizzy. I don’t think my ears ever recovered. God it was loud!
1
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 10:41 - Sep 27 with 392 viewsWeWereZombies

Bands/artists you've seen the most on 08:32 - Sep 27 by GlasgowBlue

My first ever gig was Bowie in 1983. Nit a bad way to start.

Only saw them once but also in the same year, the Police. They were bloody good for a three piece.


The best T-shirt I saw at festivals this summer was one with a picture of Sting, Copeland and Summers with F**k NWA underneath.

Probably bought it at the Stowmarket gig.

Poll: To make him more acceptable what should Gary O'Neill change his middle name to ?

1
Login to get fewer ads

Bands/artists you've seen the most on 11:03 - Sep 27 with 378 viewsellaandred

Bands/artists you've seen the most on 10:41 - Sep 27 by WeWereZombies

The best T-shirt I saw at festivals this summer was one with a picture of Sting, Copeland and Summers with F**k NWA underneath.

Probably bought it at the Stowmarket gig.


I saw Tin Machine, obviously, because of David Bowie and they gave out badges that said
''F**k you I love Tin Machine''
I've still got it !
3
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 11:15 - Sep 27 with 367 viewsWeWereZombies

Bands/artists you've seen the most on 11:03 - Sep 27 by ellaandred

I saw Tin Machine, obviously, because of David Bowie and they gave out badges that said
''F**k you I love Tin Machine''
I've still got it !


Reminds me of the interviewer who asked Lou Reed if he still listened to 'Metal Machine Music' and got a terse 'Yes, I use it to get to sleep'...

Poll: To make him more acceptable what should Gary O'Neill change his middle name to ?

0
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 16:06 - Sep 27 with 326 viewsBotesdaleBlue

Bands/artists you've seen the most on 15:57 - Sep 26 by WeWereZombies

This might just be a hunch on my part but do you go to Cropredy every year ?


I went from 1989 to 2008.

Unhalfbricking

1
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 16:41 - Sep 27 with 301 viewsDJR

Bands/artists you've seen the most on 09:31 - Sep 27 by Churchman

Wow, great way to start. Missed out on DB but did see Police. Enjoyed it.

My first ever gig was Thin Lizzy. I don’t think my ears ever recovered. God it was loud!


Talking about artists I should have seen, the Police and Dire Straits came to Leeds Polytechnic within a week or so of each in the autumn of 1978 when they were largely unknown. Within a matter of months, both had made it big, even in the States.
[Post edited 27 Sep 16:46]
0
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 19:41 - Sep 27 with 247 viewsTractorgirlforever

Ive seen loads of bands/artists over the years but ones ive seen the most would be
1. Gabrielle, must be at least 15 times.
2.Curtis Stigers!, at least 15 times.
3.Phil Collins /Genesis, probably 8 times.
4.Alexander o'neal, around 8 times also.
1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026