Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bands/artists you've seen the most 13:56 - Sep 25 with 4067 viewsWhos_blue

Inspired by some of the comments in Wally's Oasis thread, I thought it would pass some time to look at the bands the TWTD massive have seen the most. Maybe go for a top 3?

For me it's Paul Weller at the top with 40+ gigs since 92. Sadly never saw The Jam or Style Council.
2nd is The Who 30+ times, though only since 89, so sadly no Keith Moon era gigs.
Not sure about third. Possibly Cast or maybe even The Bootleg Beatles!

I guess we should also include if we ever saw Oasis, so for me that is 4 times, but all back in the day.

"Look, I don't wanna be the same as everybody else. That's why I'm a Mod, see?"

1
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 14:00 - Sep 25 with 1785 viewsBasuco

Editors around 10 or 12 times and Maximo Park 4 times. Not seen Oasis yet.
1
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 14:38 - Sep 25 with 1697 viewsDubtractor

There aren't many bands I've seen loads of times, tend to spread my gigs across as many bands as possible.

Most seen band is probably Monster Magnet. Most see individual is Ripley Johnson, as front man of Wooden Shjips, Moon Duo and Rose City Band.

Never seen Oasis, not my bag.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: Are we gonna win tomorrow then?

1
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 14:41 - Sep 25 with 1673 views_CliveBaker_

Bloc Party I would guess. Probably approaching 10, but not sure exactly.
1
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 14:45 - Sep 25 with 1657 viewsCaptainAhab

Saw Oasis once (Knebworth) Once too many times for me,but I get why people are excited.

Seen Cult of Luna, a Swedish metal band, probably 12 or 13 times. I'll try and catch them every time they play the UK since 2006. Incredible live band, but probably not to most people's taste!
1
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 14:50 - Sep 25 with 1641 viewsellaandred

As I posted on the other thread
Steve Harley about 60
David Bowie 22
And in the seventies I saw John Miles loads of times.
1
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 15:02 - Sep 25 with 1615 viewsdeaddogsmoking

Half Man Half Biscuit and The Wedding Present will be tied at the top of my list after October but not, unfortunately, in the numbers that you describe. Billy Bragg would be at number 3.
I saw Oasis at Wembley in 2000, a gig, the Saturday of the two shows, I've recently seen described by Noel as their worst ever owing to Liam's intoxication.
1
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 15:03 - Sep 25 with 1604 viewsbrazil1982

Human League x 4
Prodigy x 4
2
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 15:04 - Sep 25 with 1599 viewsBlueschev

Don't think I've seen many bands multiple times.

I've seen Slayer four times - all amazing. On the other end of the scale I saw Jimmy Cliff 3 times, the highlight being at Shepherd's Bush Empire. Got right to the front and was blown away with how powerful his voice was despite being in his 60's at the time.
2
Login to get fewer ads

Bands/artists you've seen the most on 15:16 - Sep 25 with 1575 viewswischip

Off the top of my head, I think there's about 50 bands I saw about 4 times because 87-92 were my college/gig obsessive years. But I think my top 3/4 might be That Petrol Emotion 9 times, Pixies and Jesus Lizard both 8 times, Wedding Present 7 times. Possibly.
[Post edited 25 Sep 15:22]
1
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 15:17 - Sep 25 with 1572 viewsGuthrum

Have accidentally seen the Black Spiders loads of times, as they were the support band to almost everybody a decade or so ago.

There's a few bands I used to go and see regularly. Saxon (before they decended into thrash), Thunder, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Uriah Heep, Company of Snakes/M3, Mostly Autumn, various Jon Amor bands, a whole host of tribute bands playing in the West Midlands area from the mid 1990s to the late 2010s. Still do go to Darkness gigs (better now Justin is sober).

Not sure who I've seen the most often

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

1
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 15:18 - Sep 25 with 1563 viewsDJR

Billy Bragg probably about 15 times: he put himself about and was often playing somewhere near me or my work.

Paul Weller four times: three times with the Jam and once with the Style Council, the latter only to see Billy Bragg for the first time.

The Clash and Stiff Little Fingers twice.

I tended to give up gigging when I reached 30, mainly because all the bands I really liked had long since split, and going to see bands that reformed or were so much older has never appealed to me. And the punk in me has always had an aversion to stadium gigs and festivals. Indeed, the only such gig I went to (when offered a last minute ticket for Bruce Springsteen at Wembley Stadium) was a bit of an out-of-body experience because I was probably the only non-fan in the stadium, and he even did an acapella version of Born to Run the only song of his I really like.

I've never liked or seen Oasis.

EDIT: My mind is playing tricks. It was acoustic.

[Post edited 25 Sep 21:14]
1
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 15:20 - Sep 25 with 1551 viewsWeWereZombies

Not sure how many times I have seen Malin Lewis but only two or three times as an act on the bill and maybe ten times when he played in sessions in the local pub
Elephant Sessions six times
Elvis Costello, Richard Thompson, Gomez, Genesis five times
The Who only the once (Wembley 1978)

Another intriguing way to pass the time would be what was the longest time between first seeing someone and then seeing them again ? I saw Echo and the Bunnymen twice in 1980 but a gap of over forty years intervened before I saw them again in 2023. But that was beaten by seeing Wilko Johnson as part of Dr Feelgood in 1975 but not again until his trio played Bearded Theory in May 2022. I thought I would beat that last year when Arthur Brown was scheduled to play Belladrum and I go back to seeing Kingdom Come at The Pier Pavilion, Felixstowe in 1972 - but he wasn't well enough to make teh trip ro Scotland.
[Post edited 27 Sep 21:36]

Poll: To make him more acceptable what should Gary O'Neill change his middle name to ?

2
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 15:24 - Sep 25 with 1536 viewsnorfsufblue

The Specials 3 times 79,09,19 excellent each time
Squeeze about 5 times
Madness a couple
Selecter at least 3 but 79 with two tone tour the highlight
The Beat twice
Ed Sheeran twice!
1
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 15:46 - Sep 25 with 1487 viewsvapour_trail

Underworld are the band I’ve seen the most. There’s not too many others I’ve seen more than once.

I did use to try and catch Andrew Wetherall whenever he was playing a set near me, when he was still with us.

Never got round to seeing oasis and the older I get the less arsed I am with something that size anyway.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

1
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 15:48 - Sep 25 with 1484 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

AC/DC seven or eight times, Wishbone Ash, SLF about half a dozen apiece.

When I was based in the midlands, a friend of mine’s fella fronted a band called Slowburner who played a fair few gigs around the area and saw them quite often. Left the area and lost touch with them but they were a very decent rock band back then.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

1
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 16:00 - Sep 25 with 1453 viewspositivity

think it'd be (the) verve, mostly by accident as they seemed to be support on a load of gigs when they were starting out!

they were fab live in the early days

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

1
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 16:32 - Sep 25 with 1405 viewsSwailsey

Taking Back Sunday and Frightened Rabbit

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

1
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 16:41 - Sep 25 with 1382 viewsjaykay

van morrison about 10 times
animaLS 6 times
the stones 4 times
beatles 3 times

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

3
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 16:46 - Sep 25 with 1376 viewsIndependentlyBlue

Van Morrison - 8 times
Joan Armatrading - 6 times
James Taylor - 5 times
The Faces - twice
Tom Robinson - twice
Suzanne Vega - twice
Bruce Springsteen - twice
Jethro Tull - twice

Must be others but brain not too well today

Better to stay silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt

1
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 16:47 - Sep 25 with 1369 viewsSamuelowen88

Not mainstream, but down the folk route a bit

Seth Lakeman
Kim Churchill

Poll: What's more entertaining tonight

0
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 16:56 - Sep 25 with 1348 viewsWhos_blue

Bands/artists you've seen the most on 15:20 - Sep 25 by WeWereZombies

Not sure how many times I have seen Malin Lewis but only two or three times as an act on the bill and maybe ten times when he played in sessions in the local pub
Elephant Sessions six times
Elvis Costello, Richard Thompson, Gomez, Genesis five times
The Who only the once (Wembley 1978)

Another intriguing way to pass the time would be what was the longest time between first seeing someone and then seeing them again ? I saw Echo and the Bunnymen twice in 1980 but a gap of over forty years intervened before I saw them again in 2023. But that was beaten by seeing Wilko Johnson as part of Dr Feelgood in 1975 but not again until his trio played Bearded Theory in May 2022. I thought I would beat that last year when Arthur Brown was scheduled to play Belladrum and I go back to seeing Kingdom Come at The Pier Pavilion, Felixstowe in 1972 - but he wasn't well enough to make teh trip ro Scotland.
[Post edited 27 Sep 21:36]


I've tried to resist replying Zombers, but my inner Who geek has got the better of me! The Who didn't play Wembley in 78.
They played the Empire Pool (now arena) in 75 (with Moon) and the stadium in 79, one of the first gigs to feature new drummer and ex (Small) Face Kenney Jones.
I'm sorry. It's not you, it's me!

"Look, I don't wanna be the same as everybody else. That's why I'm a Mod, see?"

0
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 17:08 - Sep 25 with 1329 viewswerringtonblue

Manic Street Preachers (again in November in Brum), Mike & The Mechanics (again in Albert Hall next June), Jools Holland - pretty much every year. All more than 10n times. Mentions for Squeeze, Keane and Australian Pink Floyd too
1
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 17:21 - Sep 25 with 1284 viewsGlasgowBlue

Weller - Must have seen him on every tour since 1994. Likewise, never saw the Jam or TSC.

Manic Street Preachers - Seen them on every tour since 1996

Quiet a few bands that I've seen 5+ times. Bowie, Clapton, Rod Stewart, McCartney, Human League, ABC, Heaven 17, NIle Rodgers & Chic, the Rolling Stones. Probably missed a couple off the list.

Seen the Who three times. First was in 1989 with Simon Phillips on drums and twice with Zak.

Saw Oasis once. Last year. Also saw Queen's last ever performance with Freddie at Knebworth in '86.

Antisemites and Jew haters will be put on ignore.
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

1
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 17:29 - Sep 25 with 1284 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Band I saw the most was Senseless Things, but no idea how many times 15 maybe, followed by Mega City 4 and/or Snuff. ‘Bigger’ bands would be Ramones top; saw them 8 times but never after Dee Dee left. Then Stiff Little Fingers or The Clash, about five times.

Apparently I’m told by friends I did see Oasis at Glastonbury in 1994 but I have no recollection; so couldn’t have been paying much attention to them.
1
Bands/artists you've seen the most on 17:32 - Sep 25 with 1281 viewsBABLUE

Bands/artists you've seen the most on 15:02 - Sep 25 by deaddogsmoking

Half Man Half Biscuit and The Wedding Present will be tied at the top of my list after October but not, unfortunately, in the numbers that you describe. Billy Bragg would be at number 3.
I saw Oasis at Wembley in 2000, a gig, the Saturday of the two shows, I've recently seen described by Noel as their worst ever owing to Liam's intoxication.


HMHB & Wedding Present are probably top of my lists too.

I must have seen them both well over 30 times. I saw HMHB in Leeds last month & have tickets for Nottingham, London & Holmfirth for next year & am seeing the boy Gedge in Leicester next month.

The Fall are up there too, but obviously they aren’t adding to the tally

Back in the day I saw Carter circa 15/20 times and still catch up with Jimbob & Les in their current bands most years.
1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026