Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. 17:57 - Sep 27 with 1525 viewsBelsteadCav

Which Cryptid would you love to turn out to be true?

Bigfoot
Nessy
UFOs ( I don’t think they are actually classed as cryptid )
Tasmanian tiger
Old stinker ( Yorkshire werewolf )
Black Shuck
Mothman
El Chupacabra
Or any others I’ve missed


I really hope they find some Tasmanian Tigers running around

King of the board since 98
Poll: Which way do you swing?

0
From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 18:00 - Sep 27 with 1119 viewsTheMoralMajority

The Suffolk Panther

100% committed to Dear Leader Ham

3
From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 18:06 - Sep 27 with 1090 viewsBelsteadCav

From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 18:00 - Sep 27 by TheMoralMajority

The Suffolk Panther


That’s definitely 100% real!!!

King of the board since 98
Poll: Which way do you swing?

2
From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 18:11 - Sep 27 with 1070 viewsBlue_Heath

Jersey Devil and Yeti.

I've seen a wallaby in Suffolk so anything is possible!

Poll: How many team changes tonight?

1
From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 18:12 - Sep 27 with 1064 viewsKeno

an intelligent norwich fan?

Poll: So TWTD What's The Greatest Sporting Achievement
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

3
From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 18:15 - Sep 27 with 1054 viewsBelsteadCav

From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 18:12 - Sep 27 by Keno

an intelligent norwich fan?


That’s just impossible

King of the board since 98
Poll: Which way do you swing?

1
From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 18:17 - Sep 27 with 1041 viewsBelsteadCav

From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 18:11 - Sep 27 by Blue_Heath

Jersey Devil and Yeti.

I've seen a wallaby in Suffolk so anything is possible!


Jersey devil is a good shout

And I saw a program a few years back saying the Yeti could actually be a new species of bear

King of the board since 98
Poll: Which way do you swing?

1
From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 18:36 - Sep 27 with 1009 viewswischip

Back in the 80s I used to get a magazine called The Unexplained. This was roughly the same time as Arthur C Clarke's Mysterious World was on the tv. I used to love reading all this stuff.
Still got the mags, which must have about 500 mysteries in them. I keep meaning to go through them again now that we have the internet and see how many of them are now Explained in the intervening 40 years.
1
From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 18:44 - Sep 27 with 983 viewsBelsteadCav

From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 18:36 - Sep 27 by wischip

Back in the 80s I used to get a magazine called The Unexplained. This was roughly the same time as Arthur C Clarke's Mysterious World was on the tv. I used to love reading all this stuff.
Still got the mags, which must have about 500 mysteries in them. I keep meaning to go through them again now that we have the internet and see how many of them are now Explained in the intervening 40 years.


Oh wow, That sounds really interesting

Let us know your findings if you go through the magazines

King of the board since 98
Poll: Which way do you swing?

1
Login to get fewer ads

From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 18:46 - Sep 27 with 982 viewsWeWereZombies

I was going to say (I wasn't) the Bolivian Tiger Cat but I'm ten days too late, it's been verified:

https://www.nationalgeographic
[Post edited 27 Sep 18:46]

Poll: To make him more acceptable what should Gary O'Neill change his middle name to ?

1
From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 19:08 - Sep 27 with 945 viewsBelsteadCav

From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 18:46 - Sep 27 by WeWereZombies

I was going to say (I wasn't) the Bolivian Tiger Cat but I'm ten days too late, it's been verified:

https://www.nationalgeographic
[Post edited 27 Sep 18:46]


Yeah I saw that

Gorgeous little cat

King of the board since 98
Poll: Which way do you swing?

0
From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 19:13 - Sep 27 with 936 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Bigfoot and Dogman.

Bigfoot is real. Not personally convinced by dogman.

Poll: Where will Town finish the season?

2
From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 19:16 - Sep 27 with 926 viewsblueoutlook

UFOs are real. No doubt.
Black Shuck because he comes from these parts.
Bigfoot
Nessie
Mothman
Chupacabra
Skin Walkers
All Ghosts………….Something is out there,obviously not all, but there is more to one or two of the stories,of that Im certain. As I say, I know UFOs exist.
1
From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 19:29 - Sep 27 with 896 viewsBelsteadCav

From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 19:16 - Sep 27 by blueoutlook

UFOs are real. No doubt.
Black Shuck because he comes from these parts.
Bigfoot
Nessie
Mothman
Chupacabra
Skin Walkers
All Ghosts………….Something is out there,obviously not all, but there is more to one or two of the stories,of that Im certain. As I say, I know UFOs exist.


I agree. I’ve listened to a few podcasts and they suggest that a lot of the sightings are ghosts or echos from the past.

The UFOs are incredibly interesting, especially now we have fighter jet footage. They could be drones from china, but nothing on earth flying at that speed

King of the board since 98
Poll: Which way do you swing?

0
From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 19:31 - Sep 27 with 885 viewsBelsteadCav

From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 19:13 - Sep 27 by BlueandTruesince82

Bigfoot and Dogman.

Bigfoot is real. Not personally convinced by dogman.


The Dogman is interesting

There’s a podcast on YouTube called truth proof, based in Yorkshire. They have a lot of info on the dog man in the area. Yorkshire seems to be a hot spot

King of the board since 98
Poll: Which way do you swing?

0
From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 19:49 - Sep 27 with 858 viewsGuthrum

Another vote for Black Shuck. We used to occasionally go out hunting for him (when we weren't trying to summon something at Thetford Priory).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

2
From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 19:49 - Sep 27 with 856 viewsBlueandTruesince82

From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 19:31 - Sep 27 by BelsteadCav

The Dogman is interesting

There’s a podcast on YouTube called truth proof, based in Yorkshire. They have a lot of info on the dog man in the area. Yorkshire seems to be a hot spot


Excellent, looking that up later. Have listened to a few Dogman pods too. With bigfoot I think its just a primate that hasnt been officially discovered. Not sure i buy into to all the orbs and telepathy stuff.

Bigfoot stories have excited in America and the Himalayas for centuries where as dogman feels quite a recent thing. You never hear of people claiming to get abducted by aliens anymore but bigfoot stories keep comming and I reckon the forests of the US and Canada plus the mountains etc are big enougb for something to remain concealed

Poll: Where will Town finish the season?

1
From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 19:55 - Sep 27 with 846 viewsBelsteadCav

From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 19:49 - Sep 27 by Guthrum

Another vote for Black Shuck. We used to occasionally go out hunting for him (when we weren't trying to summon something at Thetford Priory).


I went along Dunwich and shingle street loads of times

Only in the day time though lol, far too scary at night

King of the board since 98
Poll: Which way do you swing?

0
From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 20:02 - Sep 27 with 822 viewsBelsteadCav

From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 19:49 - Sep 27 by BlueandTruesince82

Excellent, looking that up later. Have listened to a few Dogman pods too. With bigfoot I think its just a primate that hasnt been officially discovered. Not sure i buy into to all the orbs and telepathy stuff.

Bigfoot stories have excited in America and the Himalayas for centuries where as dogman feels quite a recent thing. You never hear of people claiming to get abducted by aliens anymore but bigfoot stories keep comming and I reckon the forests of the US and Canada plus the mountains etc are big enougb for something to remain concealed


Yeah I’ve heard stories saying the indigenous Americans used to trade with them, mind blowing

Also the Bigfoot is in their list of Spirit animals. All the other animals are real, so why do they just throw Bigfoot in there.

There’s definitely more to it than meets the eye

King of the board since 98
Poll: Which way do you swing?

0
From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 20:35 - Sep 27 with 774 viewsGuthrum

From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 19:55 - Sep 27 by BelsteadCav

I went along Dunwich and shingle street loads of times

Only in the day time though lol, far too scary at night


More so if you've read M R James.

Once sat and watched a lunar eclipse on my own on the deserted beach below the dunes near Southwold harbour.

It was a regular walk when I was on holiday as a youngster, from Southwold, ferry across the harbour (we nicknamed him "Charon"), then down the beach past Walberswick to Dunwich. That or get the bus to Kessingland and walk back past Benacre, Covehithe and Easton Bavents*.




* Formerly the most easterly point of Great Britain, before the headland - and the original village - was eroded away.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

2
From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 20:38 - Sep 27 with 751 viewsBelsteadCav

From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 20:35 - Sep 27 by Guthrum

More so if you've read M R James.

Once sat and watched a lunar eclipse on my own on the deserted beach below the dunes near Southwold harbour.

It was a regular walk when I was on holiday as a youngster, from Southwold, ferry across the harbour (we nicknamed him "Charon"), then down the beach past Walberswick to Dunwich. That or get the bus to Kessingland and walk back past Benacre, Covehithe and Easton Bavents*.




* Formerly the most easterly point of Great Britain, before the headland - and the original village - was eroded away.


It’s amazing that Dunwich was once the biggest port in the country and now it’s completely disappeared

King of the board since 98
Poll: Which way do you swing?

1
From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 20:43 - Sep 27 with 738 viewsVanSaParody

NOT fairies

I'm pretty certain I've seen a fair few of them about, so they're definitely already here
1
From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 20:44 - Sep 27 with 744 viewsGuthrum

From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 20:38 - Sep 27 by BelsteadCav

It’s amazing that Dunwich was once the biggest port in the country and now it’s completely disappeared


"Men of Dunwich" by Rowland Parker is an excellent history of the town.

Edit: The coast north of Southwold has receded afair bit even in my lifetime.

"The Easternmost House" by Juliet Blaxland is another good read, part atmosphere, part history, part memoir.
[Post edited 27 Sep 20:47]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

2
From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 20:53 - Sep 27 with 718 viewsBelsteadCav

From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 20:44 - Sep 27 by Guthrum

"Men of Dunwich" by Rowland Parker is an excellent history of the town.

Edit: The coast north of Southwold has receded afair bit even in my lifetime.

"The Easternmost House" by Juliet Blaxland is another good read, part atmosphere, part history, part memoir.
[Post edited 27 Sep 20:47]


Brilliant I’ll see if I can get them, thanks

King of the board since 98
Poll: Which way do you swing?

0
From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 20:57 - Sep 27 with 707 viewsBelsteadCav

From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 20:43 - Sep 27 by VanSaParody

NOT fairies

I'm pretty certain I've seen a fair few of them about, so they're definitely already here


Are we talking fairies or the Fae?

King of the board since 98
Poll: Which way do you swing?

0
From the Bigfoot thread earlier….. on 21:15 - Sep 27 with 692 viewslazyblue

UFO/Aliens - true as far too many people in this world have seen things inc experienced Pilots and too many people have had the same experiences before internet social media ever existed and recalled the same memories.

Plus the black ghost dog in Stonham Aspal - which I swear ran in front of my car 30 years ago and I hit it , I got out to to see what happened fearing the absolute worst and shaking but absolutely nothing there. After that I could get back to my house quick enough!
1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026