Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Michael Wynn Jones 18:23 - Sep 28 with 5175 viewsMullet

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/art

I'm sure we can set aside our differences with our Norfolk friends to send our condolences.

Poll: Which itfc kit do you usually buy
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

76
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 09:47 - Sep 29 with 980 viewsflykickingbybgunn

If Norwich are ever going to put up a statue to any body it should be to him and her.
1
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 11:02 - Sep 29 with 890 viewsMetal_Hacker

I’d take 100 MWJ’s over the Man City type figureheads

RIP

Poll: Which No.9 Would YOU Buy / Loan ?

5
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 20:03 - Sep 30 with 568 viewsfootball

RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 22:27 - Sep 28 by TheBoyBlue

For me the rivalry is pantomime. I know plenty of Norwich fans who are good people and for all that I wish us to thrash them every time we meet I can recognise there are more similarities than differences between us. Both local clubs serving not just a town or city but a county and far better for the people of Norfolk to be supporting Norwich rather than Man City, Liverpool or Arsenal. He was a tremendous servant to them and put so.much into them with Delia. I admire him for that. RIP
[Post edited 29 Sep 19:18]


I dont think it is pantomime. I was brought up to loathe everything about them and I still do, including Delia. Sorry for their loss but the dislike between clubs goes beyond football. I know many scum fans and fully respect how much they hate us
2
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 20:12 - Sep 30 with 561 viewsTheBoyBlue

RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 20:03 - Sep 30 by football

I dont think it is pantomime. I was brought up to loathe everything about them and I still do, including Delia. Sorry for their loss but the dislike between clubs goes beyond football. I know many scum fans and fully respect how much they hate us


And that's you, perfectly respect that, especially if it doesn't get out of hand, which it sounds like it doesn't with you.

For me though, there is a real edge when we play them, I'm really anxious that we win against them but even when we don't I'm able to quickly get on with life and friends and others who are Norwich fans, whilst always feeling getting a boost when they lose.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

4
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 21:23 - Sep 30 with 483 viewsWakh

RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 07:17 - Sep 29 by Freddy

According to the records Michael & Delia didnt have any children so no idea where you got Ken from

Rest in peace Michael


Trinidad I think
1
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 01:02 - Oct 1 with 405 viewsfootball

RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 20:12 - Sep 30 by TheBoyBlue

And that's you, perfectly respect that, especially if it doesn't get out of hand, which it sounds like it doesn't with you.

For me though, there is a real edge when we play them, I'm really anxious that we win against them but even when we don't I'm able to quickly get on with life and friends and others who are Norwich fans, whilst always feeling getting a boost when they lose.


Does not wanting peas and sweetcorn on the same plate constitute getting out of hand?
In fairness I have a number of scum supporting friends and colleague and we rib each other. Like them, but not the club
'I dread derby games - the pain of any loss is to awful to think about, but a win!
1
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 07:26 - Oct 1 with 323 viewsLibero

A good friend to my late Great Uncle, lived up the road from where I grew up, so met him a few times with Arthur or at village events, chatted football with him cordially. Very sad, R.I.P Michael, thoughts are with his family and friends.
[Post edited 1 Oct 7:27]
1
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 10:07 - Oct 1 with 220 viewsITFC_Essex

A Welshman, who lived in Suffolk.......... chose to support Norwich! He did wonders for their club, the type of owner, while not having the money to really push them on, put ours to shame during the Evans years. RIP. They were close to doing a Fulham/Brentford/Bournemouth but made the massive mistake of sacking Farke, who is a very, very, good manager.

Poll: Who would be the TWTD Player of the Season?

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026