Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sindre 18:42 - Sep 29 with 2434 viewsTrimandBlue82

Has netted a hat trick for the Norway under 21's.
[Post edited 29 Sep 18:43]
5
Sindre on 19:00 - Sep 29 with 1943 viewsWolfieAtTheBack

Wonder where he was played to score 3 goals.
0
Sindre on 19:02 - Sep 29 with 1919 viewsIllinoisblue

Excellent news 👏

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

0
Sindre on 19:08 - Sep 29 with 1875 viewsFrimleyBlue

Sindre on 19:00 - Sep 29 by WolfieAtTheBack

Wonder where he was played to score 3 goals.


On the right wing as far away from the danger area, or in cm.



It baffles me how we have the next Haaland and we've completely ignored him as a 9.

Waka Waka
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

1
Sindre on 19:09 - Sep 29 with 1876 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Sindre on 19:00 - Sep 29 by WolfieAtTheBack

Wonder where he was played to score 3 goals.


Lyse Arena,
JĂĄttĂĄvĂĄgveien 11A,
4020 Stavanger,
Norway

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

22
Sindre on 19:11 - Sep 29 with 1851 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Sindre on 19:00 - Sep 29 by WolfieAtTheBack

Wonder where he was played to score 3 goals.


Not always accurate but FotMob had him in the 9

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

0
Sindre on 19:12 - Sep 29 with 1848 viewsWolfieAtTheBack

Sindre on 19:09 - Sep 29 by BasingstokeBlue

Lyse Arena,
JĂĄttĂĄvĂĄgveien 11A,
4020 Stavanger,
Norway


Classic.
0
Sindre on 20:45 - Sep 29 with 1583 views_CliveBaker_

Sindre on 19:08 - Sep 29 by FrimleyBlue

On the right wing as far away from the danger area, or in cm.



It baffles me how we have the next Haaland and we've completely ignored him as a 9.


For a second I read that as the next Haaland
3
Sindre on 21:08 - Sep 29 with 1521 viewsFrimleyBlue

Sindre on 20:45 - Sep 29 by _CliveBaker_

For a second I read that as the next Haaland


You would have as thats exactly how norway see him aswell as others

Waka Waka
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

0
Login to get fewer ads

Sindre on 21:12 - Sep 29 with 1516 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sindre on 19:11 - Sep 29 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Not always accurate but FotMob had him in the 9


It’s where they often play him, so I wouldn’t be surprised. I don’t think he’s strong enough yet for a PL 9, but a loan to a Championship or L1 club to play as a striker/no 10 wouldn’t be a bad idea. At the start of the season I wasn’t sure whether a loan or stay was the better option for him. I erred on the side of stay due to his pre-season game time, but it looks like he needs to go out to play games now. We’re not giving him anywhere near enough game time.

Poll: Escaped Goat of the day. Who’s it going to be?

1
Sindre on 21:14 - Sep 29 with 1508 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sindre on 21:08 - Sep 29 by FrimleyBlue

You would have as thats exactly how norway see him aswell as others


He’s not strong enough yet imo, but I’m with you in it being a bit bizarre how people are ignoring his career to date when we talk about his best position.

Poll: Escaped Goat of the day. Who’s it going to be?

1
Sindre on 21:19 - Sep 29 with 1498 viewsBarcaBlue

Sindre on 21:08 - Sep 29 by FrimleyBlue

You would have as thats exactly how norway see him aswell as others


There's a massive difference between playing as a 9 and being the next top striker in the world. I doubt anyone in Norway or others think he's going to be at that level
1
Sindre on 21:44 - Sep 29 with 1429 views_CliveBaker_

Sindre on 21:08 - Sep 29 by FrimleyBlue

You would have as thats exactly how norway see him aswell as others


I mean he's Norwegian, and blonde, I'll give you that.

FWIW I think he's a #9 in time and I've said it many times. Next Haaland is a ridiculous thing to say at this juncture though, Haaland is already one of the best #9's of all time.
0
Sindre on 21:51 - Sep 29 with 1404 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sindre on 21:19 - Sep 29 by BarcaBlue

There's a massive difference between playing as a 9 and being the next top striker in the world. I doubt anyone in Norway or others think he's going to be at that level


In fairness to Frimmers, that’s the actual comparison that has been made throughout most of his age group football. Largely because he played the same position and his stats have been better than Haaland’s at the same age.

But then I’m also old enough to remember Veliče Šumulikoski being touted as the Macedonian future Steven Gerrard. So I guess expectations don’t always play out.

Poll: Escaped Goat of the day. Who’s it going to be?

0
Sindre on 22:01 - Sep 29 with 1375 views_CliveBaker_

Sindre on 21:51 - Sep 29 by Swansea_Blue

In fairness to Frimmers, that’s the actual comparison that has been made throughout most of his age group football. Largely because he played the same position and his stats have been better than Haaland’s at the same age.

But then I’m also old enough to remember Veliče Šumulikoski being touted as the Macedonian future Steven Gerrard. So I guess expectations don’t always play out.


It's a very lazy comparison lets be honest. By his 21st birthday Haaland had 20 goals in 16 Champions League apps, roughly a goal per game in 40 Bundesliga apps for Dortmund and not far off a goal a game in 13 senior international appearances. 5 years since he's not far off a goal a game in 130 odd PL appearances either. The bloke's a freak and his record is filthy.

Walle-Egeli currently can't get on our bench. Lets not take the piss.
0
Sindre on 22:14 - Sep 29 with 1315 viewsFrimleyBlue

Sindre on 22:01 - Sep 29 by _CliveBaker_

It's a very lazy comparison lets be honest. By his 21st birthday Haaland had 20 goals in 16 Champions League apps, roughly a goal per game in 40 Bundesliga apps for Dortmund and not far off a goal a game in 13 senior international appearances. 5 years since he's not far off a goal a game in 130 odd PL appearances either. The bloke's a freak and his record is filthy.

Walle-Egeli currently can't get on our bench. Lets not take the piss.


Lets see what egeli does when we sell him and he goes on plays uptop and scores for fun elsewhere. He clearly knows how to score. When the chances are made for him yet pushed him out wide.

The point tho was more that Egeli continues to score goals when played central whilst we continue to see the likes of akpom getting minutes rather than someone regarded as the next haaland and one we paid a lot of money for. What is the actual plan for him here?
[Post edited 29 Sep 22:16]

Waka Waka
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

0
Sindre on 22:23 - Sep 29 with 1297 views_CliveBaker_

Sindre on 22:14 - Sep 29 by FrimleyBlue

Lets see what egeli does when we sell him and he goes on plays uptop and scores for fun elsewhere. He clearly knows how to score. When the chances are made for him yet pushed him out wide.

The point tho was more that Egeli continues to score goals when played central whilst we continue to see the likes of akpom getting minutes rather than someone regarded as the next haaland and one we paid a lot of money for. What is the actual plan for him here?
[Post edited 29 Sep 22:16]


He's not regarded as the next Haaland, not by anyone worth listening to. I'm sure even Eggy would be the first to say that. I don't think its a healthy comparison for anyone either, aside from his agent perhaps. Time will tell what he goes on to do and hopefully he develops well, but he won't be scoring 117 goals in the Premier league over the next 4 years.

FWIW I don't think he's anything like the profile of a wide man, I'm not sure he's a 10 either though. Cuts the profile of a #9 to me, I think that's his ultimate position. With Emerson and Flemming ahead of him I can't see him getting too many opportunities there right now though.
2
Sindre on 22:27 - Sep 29 with 1282 viewsFrimleyBlue

Sindre on 22:23 - Sep 29 by _CliveBaker_

He's not regarded as the next Haaland, not by anyone worth listening to. I'm sure even Eggy would be the first to say that. I don't think its a healthy comparison for anyone either, aside from his agent perhaps. Time will tell what he goes on to do and hopefully he develops well, but he won't be scoring 117 goals in the Premier league over the next 4 years.

FWIW I don't think he's anything like the profile of a wide man, I'm not sure he's a 10 either though. Cuts the profile of a #9 to me, I think that's his ultimate position. With Emerson and Flemming ahead of him I can't see him getting too many opportunities there right now though.


I always felt hes a kane type 9. I just dont understand our plan for him. He should have gone on loan last season let alone again the summer if we arent going to develop him centrally

I get people saying hes not strong enough. Hes not exactly going to get stronger and better rotting in the training group but not getting game time.

Appreciate the haaland thing and i agree. Just using that discription as that was what he was seen to be. ( until we 'developed' him on the right. )

Waka Waka
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

0
Sindre on 22:39 - Sep 29 with 1252 views_CliveBaker_

Sindre on 22:27 - Sep 29 by FrimleyBlue

I always felt hes a kane type 9. I just dont understand our plan for him. He should have gone on loan last season let alone again the summer if we arent going to develop him centrally

I get people saying hes not strong enough. Hes not exactly going to get stronger and better rotting in the training group but not getting game time.

Appreciate the haaland thing and i agree. Just using that discription as that was what he was seen to be. ( until we 'developed' him on the right. )


I guess the fact he's an U21 helps justify not loaning him right now, as he's not taking up a squad place. Agree a loan might be better for his development, getting meaningful minutes in a senior environment and bashed about a bit. Equally he's probably getting a better footballing education Monday to Friday by training with the likes of Palacios and Enciso in a PL environment, than he would at Preston. Its swing and roundabouts.

We'll have to do something at some point though. My nervousness is I've never really seen a lot in him. Scoring goals at U17 level counts for naff all, or against Bosnia U21's. It's National League standard really. Equally, he hasn't had much opportunity to with us other than in a role that quite clearly doesn't suit him.
0
Sindre on 22:51 - Sep 29 with 1212 viewsNutkins_Return

Sindre on 22:27 - Sep 29 by FrimleyBlue

I always felt hes a kane type 9. I just dont understand our plan for him. He should have gone on loan last season let alone again the summer if we arent going to develop him centrally

I get people saying hes not strong enough. Hes not exactly going to get stronger and better rotting in the training group but not getting game time.

Appreciate the haaland thing and i agree. Just using that discription as that was what he was seen to be. ( until we 'developed' him on the right. )


Take a breath and listen to yourself FFS.

"Rotting in the training group". You have completely lost the plot and got lost in your own argument here.

He is a completely different player to Haaland and for anyone to see in a different body/physical development stage to Haaland at the same age. The comparison is silly on just about every level other than nationality and scored goals at junior level.

I really like Egeli as a player. He's clearly technically high high level. But it's patently obvious he has a bit of physical development to do for the prem. I think he has taken some good steps towards that and looks stronger than 9 months ago. I agree he will likely play centrally an most likely a 10.

But we are in the prem and you would be the first to get annoyed if we are losing games whilst developing him. Enciso is a class act and has the 10 nailed down. Emersonn is much more physical and also a top young talent.

Egeli isn't rotting. He's developing and now playing day in and day out with better players. He will get some minutes but will have fight for them. The club are doing the right thing for him and the club.

Poll: Who do we think McKenna (not you) will partner Greaves with ?

2
Sindre on 22:58 - Sep 29 with 1193 viewsNthQldITFC

Sindre on 22:27 - Sep 29 by FrimleyBlue

I always felt hes a kane type 9. I just dont understand our plan for him. He should have gone on loan last season let alone again the summer if we arent going to develop him centrally

I get people saying hes not strong enough. Hes not exactly going to get stronger and better rotting in the training group but not getting game time.

Appreciate the haaland thing and i agree. Just using that discription as that was what he was seen to be. ( until we 'developed' him on the right. )


I can't quite explain why, but I strongly feel the Sindre is better off here, training with top notch players, rather than having a loan in the Championship etc. He's got something about him which will come out better in this environment I think, getting some time training and playing with and against better quality opposition, rather than in the hectic, lower quality leagues against the likes of Norwich etc.

Good work by Philogene...... GREAT WORK BY PHILOGENE!!!
Poll: How would you feel about a UK Identity Card?

0
Sindre on 00:16 - Sep 30 with 1108 viewsGarv

Sindre on 19:08 - Sep 29 by FrimleyBlue

On the right wing as far away from the danger area, or in cm.



It baffles me how we have the next Haaland and we've completely ignored him as a 9.


It shouldn't.

Poll: If forced to sell one of the following this summer, who would you sell?

1
Sindre on 08:46 - Sep 30 with 847 viewsmuccletonjoe

Lets put him in our U21s then and see how he does
0
Sindre on 08:48 - Sep 30 with 840 viewsthecheek

If nothing else I'd like to see him on the bench rather than Akpom
2
Sindre on 08:53 - Sep 30 with 827 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sindre on 22:01 - Sep 29 by _CliveBaker_

It's a very lazy comparison lets be honest. By his 21st birthday Haaland had 20 goals in 16 Champions League apps, roughly a goal per game in 40 Bundesliga apps for Dortmund and not far off a goal a game in 13 senior international appearances. 5 years since he's not far off a goal a game in 130 odd PL appearances either. The bloke's a freak and his record is filthy.

Walle-Egeli currently can't get on our bench. Lets not take the piss.


It’s bearing out less and less as time goes on of course, but it still remains that Egeli beat Haaland’s national age group records. There was huge hype about him in Norway. They’re obviously currently at very different places in the men’s game though. I doubt Egeli will ever get close to Haaland now because of the physical mismatch, but hopefully he can push on and our investment bears fruit.

Poll: Escaped Goat of the day. Who’s it going to be?

0
Sindre on 10:12 - Sep 30 with 688 viewsWolfieAtTheBack

Sindre on 22:58 - Sep 29 by NthQldITFC

I can't quite explain why, but I strongly feel the Sindre is better off here, training with top notch players, rather than having a loan in the Championship etc. He's got something about him which will come out better in this environment I think, getting some time training and playing with and against better quality opposition, rather than in the hectic, lower quality leagues against the likes of Norwich etc.


He was only 20 in June, plenty of time to work out what to do with him. Scoring goals for his national team (at any level) is not going to do him any harm.
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026